PDA

View Full Version : Air Turks and Caicos

CHECHE
28th Nov 2008, 12:25
Hi all;

I'm a spanish pilot type rated in EMB120 and more than 500 H in type. Does anybody know if there are any expats pilots in Air Turks and Caicos.
Also I have read some threats about how life is over there but all post are to old.
Does any of you how life is at Trurk and Caicos??

Thanks,

PiratePilot
30th Nov 2008, 18:03
Hey,,,,,I work here in the TCI for ATC,,,,,send them ur resume,,,,,looking for Brasilla drivers,,,,,

FlyTCI
11th Dec 2008, 19:14
Guess nothing has changed since I left a couple of years ago:

Turks and Caicos Net News Online: Bringing the Turks and Caicos Islands to the World (http://www.tcinetnews.com/news-830--2-2---.html)

AAIGUY
12th Dec 2008, 18:54
Ahhh Lyndon... what a great gift .. seeing you shut down.

TCI proven to be the **** operation, it was in 99 and obviously still is now.:ok:

Carrier
13th Dec 2008, 14:08
Quote: "Initial reports were that this grounding was done under the authority of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)."

When did the FAA become the aviation regulating agency for the Turks & Caicos Islands? Are all TCI based aircraft now N registered and are all TCI pilots and engineers now required to have FAA licences in order to work there?

It will be interesting to learn if the employees, particularly those taken over from SkyKing, continue to receive their pay as the grounding is not their fault.

Anyone know if this grounding is permanent or temporary? If the latter, then how long is it likely to be before they are back in the air? If an extensive time or permanent then are any other operators going to be serving the routes?

FlyTCI
13th Dec 2008, 16:16
It was a short lived grounding. They were back in the air after one day. From what I understand it was due to maintenance not being up to par. If you ask me there probably was more to it. Can't remember how many times CAA threatened to shut us down when I was there.

As far as the FAA involvement it kinda surprised me too. I flew on a validation based on my FAA license, but you could also be flying on other licenses. FAA's involvement could have to do with that TCI airspace only goes up to 6000 feet, and from there on its FAA. SkyKing had some problems due to this since the 1900's would bust into FAA airspace on basically every flight, without a clearance. FAA knew about it, but kinda turned a blind eye to it most of the time.

The premier minister of the TCI (one of the biggest crooks around) is Lyndon's uncle, and he claims he has given Air Turks and Caicos a 10 year monopoly on the right to commence inter island flights. There is no paper trail to support this, but those of you have flown down there know how it goes.

I learned a lot down there and sure had some fun, but I'm glad I have moved on to better things

Carrier
14th Dec 2008, 02:12
From Cayman Net News Online:

TCI Corruption Hearings to Commence

Published on Friday, December 12, 2008 Email To Friend Print Version

Hearings for the Commission of Inquiry into corruption allegations against current and former elected members of the Turks & Caicos Islands legislature will begin on 13 January and continue into February.

The Commission’s hearings will open in Providenciales with oral examination of those Ministers and Members of the House of Assembly whose disclosures of interest the Commission considers deficient or otherwise questionable.

Former Governor of the Turks & Caicos, Richard Tauwhare, appointed the Commission on Thursday, 10 July 2008 to “inquire into whether there is information that corruption or other serious dishonesty in relation to past and present elected members of the House of Assembly (previously known as the Legislative Council) may have taken place in recent years.”

The Inquiry has been looking into matters concerning both the current government, which was elected in August of 2003, and the previous government, after which any findings showing criminality will be dealt with by the police.

The government of Turks & Caicos has previously derided the Inquiry as a “witch hunt” and the ruling Progressive National Party (PNP) unsuccessfully filed a motion in the Supreme Court to prevent the Commission from moving forward.

Premier Michael Misick, along with a number of ministers, will be called upon to appear before the Commission for examination under oath and will be required to produce all requested evidence.

Mr Misick denied any corruption when he appeared before Members of Parliament in London last year but is alleged to have stowed away a fortune worth millions of dollars, since being elected in 2003, through kickbacks and sweetheart deals.

Mr Misick was recently under investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation over the alleged rape of an American citizen but no charges were filed. Mr Misick is also said to have bought a multi-million dollar property, despite declaring assets of just $50,000 when he entered office. Members of the opposition party have reported they have been intimidated not to cooperate with the Inquiry.

Those brought before the Commission will be told in advance of the hearings and be notified of aspects of disclosure on which the commission seeks further information. The commission will also take oral evidence from Permanent Secretaries and other senior public officers.

By Tuesday, 23 December, the Commission will publish on its website a provisional programme, indicating the names of those to give evidence and when they will be required to give it.

The Commission is continuing to invite anyone who believes that he or she has information to come forward through the appropriate channels.

The Commission is urging those who continue to fear intimidation or victimisation as a result of openly assisting the Inquiry to give information to the Commission in confidence.

FlyTCI
14th Dec 2008, 02:46
I have flown this guy several times and can tell you that pretty much all you hear about him is true. If they can't put him away for this, then nothing ever will.

CHECHE
14th Dec 2008, 19:50
It seems that This company doesn't look very good!!!, ,,,,, I'll wait to visit their beaches and I would try greener pastures...:ok:

Thank you everybody for the info

Rgds,

SpeedyG
21st Dec 2008, 13:26
Actually the CAA (TCI) is overeen by Air Safety Services International (read UK CAA) and they hold the governing authority. I doubt any of us will learn exactly what occured but I the aircraft were grounded by the CAA as they are ALL VQ-T registered and the FAA have no authority to do that.

Reason still unclear as said.

Oh and its still ICAO licesnes with a TCI Validation.

Life goes on !!:O

B Sousa
21st Dec 2008, 16:37
I think if folks do some serious checking on the "Search" of this forum they will find this company has been getting the snot beat out of them here for over a couple years. They are still there and not going away anytime soon, must be the island magic.

Carrier
21st Dec 2008, 17:52
Search also under its previous name of “InterIsland Airways” and for “Lyndon Gardiner”. Do a Google search as well as on these forums and ensure the searches go back for ten years or so in order to receive a full picture.