PDA

View Full Version : Anchorage Internet

Penske
27th Nov 2008, 19:38
Sadly the Sheraton has changed internet providers and the new company is not affiliated with Boingo. Hopefully someone can figure out a monthly plan that will cover us, but at the moment it looks like daily usage fees.

If you have a Boingo account and want to keep it, you can call customer service and take advantage of their current promotion of $9.95 / month for 3 months. If the promotion is still on at the end of 3 months, call back and you can re-up for the same deal.

They also can change your account to an "as you go" plan. Your account is essentially dormant, but if you need to use it somewhere, you are billed 7.95 for 24 hours. Certainly a good alternative to canceling service altogether.

As for the Sheraton..... any ideas?

Baywatcher
27th Nov 2008, 23:08
Change hotel! Long overdue

cessnaxdriver
28th Nov 2008, 01:42
Penske,

one trick I have discovered is to stay in a room near the Country Kitchen... I have been able to use there wireless from my room, and it's free....

Cheers,

xdriver

Baywatcher
28th Nov 2008, 05:39
Same with Days Inn

Waterskier
11th Dec 2008, 21:18
Who is the new internet provider in ANC? Do they still accept ATT WIFI roaming connections?

HardRock
11th Dec 2008, 23:49
The new provider is ZENET ( I think that's the spelling?)... cannot connect with any roamers... only them.

Berry McCockner
12th Dec 2008, 20:41
I called Boingo and they said that I'm not the first to call about the problem and that the more people that call and complain, the better. She could not give me a definitive answer that it would be fixed but she gave me unlimited access for $9.95 for 1 year.

If you subscribe to BOINGO, please call and explain our situation, get the 9.95 deal and hopefully they will fix this situation.

Berry

AAIGUY
12th Dec 2008, 23:12
As mentioned above, steal from Days Inn or Country Kitchen. Easy work around.

40Deg STH
13th Dec 2008, 01:28
Hey AAIGUY, does Dragon now go to ANC in the a330!!!!!!! hehehe
Boingo are on to it. Get the wifi from the country kitchen by all means, but avoid the chicken!!!

AAIGUY
13th Dec 2008, 14:32
Once upon a time AAIGUY plyed the NorthPacific leased to Cathay Cargo and lived at the Sheraton