PDA

View Full Version : Quantum of Solace - Flight scene

206greaser
27th Nov 2008, 05:58
Howdy Pruners,
Just saw the latest Bond movie last night, and thought it kicked A!

I'm a pretty big plane nerd, and can usually pick the type of most aircraft (FIGJAM:}). However, can anyone tell me what that black plane in the chase scene was?

Cheers,
Greaser

likes2fly
27th Nov 2008, 06:41
G'day, I believe it's a Marchetti 260 with a Turbine conversion. I haven't seen a turbine one of these, and it looked awesome in the movie. Not sure who operates them tho.

The flight scene was great, up until he pulled it into the longest vertical climb and had enough time to grab a chute for his girl and get out the back in time for it to fall away. Lets see all you parachutists do that one, especially in a DAK.

bluesky300
27th Nov 2008, 07:57
Its an sf260. God's own aeroplane.

flog
27th Nov 2008, 07:59
SIAI-Marchetti SF.260TP apparently.

j3pipercub
27th Nov 2008, 08:24
If you have alook in the Jetblast area there is a similar thread and pic of one in flight. I WANT ONE, complete with rocket pods:E

Capt Wally
27th Nov 2008, 09:21
There used to be a Lyc version of the Sia M at EN many years ago I think. If you want a plane that sim in looks & maybe even close to performance then the PA24 C model/400 gee gee's (IO720)HP perahps? Commanche might be the go.

Haven't seen the show as yet but the ABC radio the other day had Roger Moore on being inerviewed & it seems as though it's not getting too good a write up to date,too 'black' i think he said each to their own I guess:-)

CW

tinpis
27th Nov 2008, 09:30
Wally the 260 flew NOTHING like a Piper POS
It were an Alfa Romeo in the air

strim
27th Nov 2008, 11:37
Terrible attempt at a Bond film.

JB is meant to be smooth and cool, not a cold mercenary. The plane scene was total BS.

Diesel Fitter
27th Nov 2008, 11:54
The plane scene was total BS.

So mate, have there been any other bits at all in any of the other Bond movies which you found stretched the bounds of credibility.

Or was this actually the first one you'd noticed?

das Uber Soldat
27th Nov 2008, 11:58
The whole thing was retarded.

It didnt feel anything like a Bond movie, it just felt like a generic action movie, like a B grade Bourne Identity. Craig makes a very good bond, but the direction is fail, in my opinion.

HOVIS
27th Nov 2008, 12:23
JB is meant to be smooth and cool, not a cold mercenary.

Suggest you read the original books.

He was an assasin. Licensed to Kill you see.

The last two films have been miles closer to the original Bond than any other. IMO. :ok:

Flyingblind
27th Nov 2008, 12:54
Liked the last one,waiting for a chance to see this one.

I actually like the dark Bond, he's not meant to be everybody's friend and neighbor.

Pierce Bros whats his name was the end of that particular franchise for me, way too commercial.

Bond seems to follow on similar lines to the reinvented Batman franchise as well, pity about Heath though. Great performance.

And for the aviation content, why does every B206/AS350 have to sound like a bloody Huey?

turbantime
27th Nov 2008, 23:01
This movie was trying too much to be like the Bourne movies....it actually went overboard with the camera shakyness IMO.

The flight scene....ehhh not too bad.

bushy
28th Nov 2008, 01:39
Bond movies are commercial comedy. Interesting advertising and escapism.

VH-XXX
28th Nov 2008, 07:23
Ford must be close to releasing a couple of new models, noticed the little electric hatch / small sedan that the girl was driving as well as the Ford territory looking SUV's were actually Hydrogen powered.

Wing_Bound_Vortex
28th Nov 2008, 07:44
I believe that's the new Ford KA, just about to hit the markets

Capt Wally
28th Nov 2008, 08:26
I read that the producers used something like a doz DB's in the making of the movie, wrecked several, what a crime in it's own right!

CW

coke drinker
28th Nov 2008, 12:02
Yep...that is the new Ford Ka. Looks rather groovy really.

bluesky300
28th Nov 2008, 20:01
The contrast between the realism of Craig's Bond (just as Fleming wrote the character) and the tripe that was die Another Day last night on tv says it all really in my opinion!

There was some sweet flying in that sequence - too short, but pretty to watch.