PDA

View Full Version : Mumbai

buggaluggs
27th Nov 2008, 00:27
Sounds like the boys and girls overnighting in Mumbai may have had an interesting evening! Hope everyone is out of harms way! :sad:

First BKK and now BOM, perhaps we should have a 'danger money' addition to our COS!

Be safe out there!

Buggs out

badairsucker
27th Nov 2008, 00:50
Also, new terror threat to New York over the Thanksgiving holidays uncovered.

Be safe boys and girls.

Vtwin
27th Nov 2008, 01:04
Am I correct in assuming neither of those BOM hotels contain CX crew on layover?

buggaluggs
27th Nov 2008, 01:23
From intracx

" All local and visiting staff are reported to be safe. However, with the fast-changing situation we are urging our people to remain at home or in their hotels and to follow the advice of the police and other security personnel. "

Crew hotel hasn't been in the news as far as I've seen. The 'Taj Palace' has been attacked, and the Oberon was the OLD crew hotel was also involved.

Peace

Buggs out

Coastrider26
27th Nov 2008, 01:48
Quite smart posting that on a open forum, those doing the layovers know where they are, and those not working for CX don't have to know :ok:

B747-800
27th Nov 2008, 04:11
report from our overnight crew in mumbai.............tense but quiete.

411A
27th Nov 2008, 07:18
'What would happen if you refused a duty into a place because you (as a commander) considered it unsafe for the POBs to land in a war zone'?

At our small company, the Commander has absolute descretion as to the suitability of a destination, for whatever reason...no questions asked by management.

At CX...I expect said Commander would be SOL.

PS: The very best of luck to ALL crew at BOM, not just CX crew.
Clearly, not a pretty picture there at the moment.