PDA

View Full Version : Flaws in handling emergencies at Bahrain Airport

.Aero
26th Nov 2008, 22:54
Bahrain CAA is admitting it's mock emergency fell short of desired standards.

AUTHORITIES yesterday admitted there were flaws in Bahrain's ability to handle a major airport emergency. However, this was followed by a pledge to tackle the "shortcomings" immediately.

Civil Aviation Affairs (CAA) officials did not elaborate on which areas of Bahrain's airport emergency response fell short of the desired standards.
Link here (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=236241&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=31252)

boiler
27th Nov 2008, 03:42
Well, at least they did admit it. The question is define "short".

Why poor GF and not Bahrain Air I wonder.

He said emergency teams reacted to a mock crash landing of a Gulf Air flight at the airport, in which 200 passengers were "injured" and 10 were "killed".

.Aero
27th Nov 2008, 09:07
Would "desired standards" imply those of ICAO perhaps?

PositiveRate876
27th Nov 2008, 12:46
It is in the interest of the airline to participate in such an excercise.

In addition to the airport being tested, the airline had an opportunity to check various department's adharence to procedures outlined in the Emergency Response Manual.

Gulf Air being the largers operator at the airport, would no doubt be offered the opportunity to participate first.

Che Guevara
27th Nov 2008, 15:29
Does this really surprise you?

SilveR5
27th Nov 2008, 22:48
These flaws are showing up in a mock emergency case...no real worries for now at least! :hmm:

.Aero
28th Nov 2008, 12:41
These flaws are showing up in a mock emergency case...no real worries for now at least!

I hope you were being sarcastic!!

SilveR5
28th Nov 2008, 13:43
why should I be sarcastic!! just sit back in your seat, relax & enjoy Bahrain airport!! :ouch: