PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Flying

Adam_Volley
26th Nov 2008, 20:34
Hi, Ive recently been offered a job in South Australia and am in need of a low level endorsement. I was wondering if anyone could let me no of some good places to do this, preferably in the Adelaide or Melbourne areas?
Look foward to any replies,
Adam

kingRB
26th Nov 2008, 21:07
How soon do you need it?

I believe Dave at Forsyth aviation (Parafield) will be able to do low level endorsements within the next month or two.

Adam_Volley
26th Nov 2008, 21:54
Need it by the 15th of Dec so pretty soon. will contact them anyway. thanks

DirtySanchezcousin
26th Nov 2008, 22:27
I did a low level endorsement about 13 years ago in Adelaide with a guy by the name of John Freeman. I am not sure where he is now or how to get in contact with him. You could try contacting the Kidman Pastoral company on Archer St North Adelaide. They used him to train all their pilots before sending them up North onto their cattle stations. Good luck!

The Green Goblin
27th Nov 2008, 00:17
If its in SA, Air South should be able to sort you out i would imagine!

Pinky the pilot
27th Nov 2008, 04:45
Off to do a spot of Bird Chasing* eh?:ok:

Enjoy, but keep your wits about you!

* The feathered variety that is. Crows to be specific.

185skywagon
27th Nov 2008, 05:35
John Freeman's funeral was held on 14th November.

Super Cecil
27th Nov 2008, 07:21
Peter Wood does low level endorsments at Deniliquin, around 2-3 hours drive north of Melbourne. Ring 03 5881 8828 and ask for his number, he should be available now.

CFOT
27th Nov 2008, 10:38
I second Peter Woods. Very knowledgable bloke. Been around for years flying and training ag pilots. He'll show you how its done. Loxton by chance??

THE IRON MAIDEN
27th Nov 2008, 22:20
If you are scaring the birds. Then the good company involved will arrange someone for you to do your training. They did with me.

The most fun you'll have in GA... Even now I still crave to do a few "Bird scaring approaches" to runways! Keep a good eye out for somewhere to set down, keep your speed up so you can convert into height if needed. and stay ABOVE the power lines..

enjoy.