PDA

View Full Version : Santa and CASA ramp check

PlankBlender
26th Nov 2008, 19:51
Found this, had to share it :}

Santa's Pre-Christmas Flight Check

Santa Claus, like all pilots, gets regular visits from the CASA Flight Operations Inspectors, and the CASA FOI arrived last week for the pre-Christmas flight check.

In preparation, Santa had the elves wash the sled and bathe all the reindeer. Santa got his logbook out and made sure all his paperwork was in order. He knew they would examine all his equipment and truly put Santa's flying skills to the test...

The examiner walked slowly around the sled. He checked the reindeer harnesses, the landing gear, and Rudolf's nose. He painstakingly reviewed Santa's weight and balance calculations for the sled's enormous payload.

Finally, they were ready for the check ride. Santa got in and fastened his seatbelt and shoulder harness and checked the compass. Then the examiner hopped in carrying, to Santa's surprise, a shotgun.

"What's that for?!?" asked Santa incredulously.

The examiner winked and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you this ahead of time," as he leaned over to whisper in Santa's ear, "but you're gonna lose an engine on takeoff.

Flintstone
26th Nov 2008, 19:54
I smiled the first time I read this. In 1998 I think.

flyinggit
26th Nov 2008, 20:19
Hahahah now that is funny. I did hear that last year from an email being sent around, the only difference was that there was no reference to 'engine' if I recall, just "yr going to loose one"

Are twins (am not there yet) that worrysome on T/off? I read/hear (being green) all sorts of horry strories in here about twins.

Flyinggit

Ando1Bar
26th Nov 2008, 20:25
flyinggit,

Here's a starting point.

Why Twins Crash (http://www.avweb.com/news/safety/185267-1.html)

flyinggit
26th Nov 2008, 21:14
Great info there with that link thankyou 'Ando1Bar'

I've seen amongst these pages some 'Holden V Ford' arguments regarding single eng and twin engine. My asking was to perhaps be part of the steep learning curve avaiation is.
Well better be off, money to be spent, on flying!

Flyinggit.

sms777
26th Nov 2008, 21:27
I am pretty sure last year Santa had autofeathering reindeers.... so he should handle the engine failure with ease. ;)

bluesky300
26th Nov 2008, 22:08
I have to say that my kids love the airservices santa updates each year (and yes, they get a smile out of me too...). A yearly reminder that aviation is meant to be fun.

Marauder
27th Nov 2008, 00:13
A few FOIs past and present would take great pleasure in failing a reindeer on take off

Ex FSO GRIFFO
27th Nov 2008, 01:24
Another 'Tradition' from the 'Good Ole Days' used to be the sending of a Flight Plan in INTL format -
'Sleigh 1' or something like that, Rego / SELCAL 'HoHoHo' , Captain S. Claus etc etc - from Thule Airforce Base Alaska.

It went to all Airways Units around the World via the AFTN.
(Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network)

Average transmission time I was told once was in the order of 20-30 mins to return back to Thule.

Cheers.

Peter Fanelli
27th Nov 2008, 02:15
I smiled the first time I read this. In 1998 I think.

or 1968

Ho Ho ferkin Ho

sms777
27th Nov 2008, 08:23
You are showing your age Peter!

Ho Ho Awhaamm... Ho Ho Awhaamm(spit). :E... Sorry

:ok: