PDA

View Full Version : University Placements

Craigston_tom
26th Nov 2008, 18:10
Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm studying a Degree in Aviation Management and Operations. Have finished my 1st year, and I am half way through my second year. From February onwards, we are required to get a work placement, that has the opportunity to make the job into a more permanent position.
However, so far we have received no guidance onto what sort of placements that we could get, or where we could go.

I am willing to relocate anywhere and will work in any department.
I do have customer service experience as I also work for a low cost airline based at Leeds/Bradford Airport as a Passenger Service Agent.

Does anyone know if any airlines / airport authorities offer placement years' or graduate training schemes?
I know British Airways offer both, which at the moment are not available for applications.

Many thanks

Tom

ravanelli295
26th Nov 2008, 18:19
Im in a similar boat to you mate, in my last year of uni studying business, looking for some aviation related employment for a couple of years before starting training.....

I know that BA had graduate schemes that were usually open for applications this time of year, but it seems graduate recruitment has been frozen aswell...

For a work placement, maybe just send your CV off to a few airlines, flybe etc....

Anyone else know of any aviation companies that take on uni grads (non-engineering)?

globaljet
27th Nov 2008, 09:00
In Germany Lufthansa uses to recruit international interns as well. Take a look at: Home: Be-Lufthansa.com (http://www.be-lufthansa.com/#/en/home/) :ok:

Re-Heat
4th Feb 2009, 14:35
BA leaders for business programme opened for applications at the end of December and closed mid-January.

Talking of which, as a family-member is applying, does anyone have any useful information on the process that I can pass to them?

g.ginelli
4th Feb 2009, 15:38
Hello,

I was in the same boat a few years ago whilst studying for my Air Transport Management degree and finally managed to find a placement with an aircraft charter broker in London.

If it is of interest to you try Air Charter Service (ACS) or Ocean Sky Aviation as I know they have previously hired students in this situation.

All the best,

GG

saman2011
26th Aug 2011, 23:31
Hi Everyone,
Recently I have finished my BEng in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering degree(1st Class) at the Glyndwr University in Wrexham, UK. Before this I had finished a four year BSc in Mechanical Engineering in Bangladesh.

Now I am totally frustrate about my future, because of i could not find out any related opportunity.
But I do believe that I have good academic background and better technical knowledge also I have very good concept about the aircraft systems and engine propulsion system and so on. Besides I have good ability to use AutoCAD, ProEngineer, CFD (GAMBIT, FLUENT) software.

Is there any body who can help me?
Every employer looking field experience, but I do not have.

I am really upset I dont know what i will do?
I will be obliged if you do anything.

Kind regards
Saman

Vaz
4th Sep 2011, 23:48
Hi Saman,

I would recommend trying to get someone internships to expose you to the industry.

Gaining an internship is also a good way of landing yourself a job at the end. Have a look at the Airbus/EADS website for graduate internship opportunities.