PDA

View Full Version : Egypt pilot shortage

PHAROH
25th Nov 2008, 19:02
Almasria Universal Airlines (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Almasria_Universal_Airlines&action=edit&redlink=1) ,

Alexandria Airlines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Airlines),

KoralBlue Airlines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KoralBlue_Airlines),

Nile air,

Few more on the way !!!

is there enough pilots there ? or there will be expats flying over the piramids ?

SU-GCM
26th Nov 2008, 18:30
I Don't think we are going to see a shortage of Egyptian pilots sooner or later
in general the Egyptians are of big population and already the only flying school in Egypt is getting the number of seats they are selling for their courses not like gulf Countires which has recenly started their national cadet programs and are still depending on expats

and still Egyptians go to USA,Europe,South Africa and Lately Philipines to get their licenses
On the last EgyptAir Advertisment more than 200 New pilot has been accepted
for the new private airlines I don't think they will be looking for that big number of pilots especially they aren't willing to pay for type ratings or training
If you remember the MD83 Crash for AMC Aviation in trukey during 2007 IIRC the pilot wasn't an Egypt they have a contract with some agencies to send some pilots for high seasons to operate some types of A/Cs

the same used to happen at Air Memphis for getting some Russian pilots to operate some of their fleet

one more thing to add that those airlines are mostly leasing their fleet OR they have a small fleet not more than 2 to 3 a/cs

for the Alexandria Airlines I remember reading some topics inaddition to some friends that said it isn't giving the best offer for pilots you pay for your simulator you pay for your training you pay for everything and you expect to fly to everywhere a pilot don't want to fly to

+ they recently had problems with the ECAA (Egyptian Civil Aviation Authorities) for sending a big number of pilgrims and leaving them at Jeddah and never returned to take them back to Egypt and EgyptAir had to get them all back and since then the company was banned for sometime for operations in Egypt as i heared

Anyhow good luck for Egyptian Pilots and Good Luck for expats however I don't think they will have a good chance in Egypt soon

RAJet
28th Nov 2009, 01:07
can you guys tell me where is the best place to post jobs for egypt pilots and engineers?

PHAROH
28th Nov 2009, 05:06
it depends who do you work for ?

FlyingGost
1st Dec 2009, 20:58
Hi there, i do believe that there are lots of pilots in egypt, infact alot. What i hear from people is that there are only 2 companies that are good to work for, Egyptair and AMC. Well i dont really know how true that is. I'm about to get my CPL licence could anyone help me out on what to expect and how much does an first officer earn. Please private message me with some info.

Fly safe

B200Drvr
2nd Dec 2009, 06:45
There are not a lot of pilots in Egypt, (except ex AF.) Coral Blue is advertising, and so are many others. I work for a corporate outfit in Cairo and we struggle to get good candidates who want to get down and do the work.

PHAROH
2nd Dec 2009, 07:18
define good ?

B200Drvr
2nd Dec 2009, 18:41
Good is pilots that give a damn about what they are doing and don't just pick up a wage check at the end of the month. Of these, there is a shortage!!
PS. To those of you who PM'd me, you have to be an Egyptian citizen.

nerof53
2nd Dec 2009, 18:49
There are not a lot of pilots in Egypt, (except ex AF.)
PS. To those of you who PM'd me, you have to be an Egyptian citizen
Maybe next time I will ask to be born in Egypt.