PDA

View Full Version : CAD Tunnel vision & beaurocratic mindset, epat controllers, slot capacity at HKIA

mr Q
24th Nov 2008, 01:12
Int eresting political column by Albert Cheng in SCMP on 22nd November.
Basically he says
a)DG Norman Lo refuses to confront the problem of shortage of Controllers at HKIA
b) Lo does not understand the problems of runway slot capacity at the airport caused by shortage of controllers
c) Lo does not understand because he is a bureaucrat with tunnel vision and bureaucratic mindset
d) Eventually because of deferred leave , overtime and genuine grudges against the CAD some will crack under pressure or fatigue.
e) the immediate solution is to recruit first rate experienced controllers from outside Hong Kong

throw a dyce
26th Nov 2008, 07:19
(a,b,c) I'm not sure about,because it's Localisation policy. (d )will only come into play if the system changes,which I doubt.
(e) well the rest of the world has caught up with pay,and has as good if not better leave etc.I would say they will have to reverse the flow of Gweilos going home and retiring first,before trying to increase the expat staff.
Everywhere is short of people and it would be interesting to see if HK could attract people to work there,if the money wasn't the prime factor.Somehow I doubt it.:uhoh:

gweiloairline
23rd Dec 2008, 13:27
yes
recruit from the north
tons of brains there and cheap

Lovely_Management
23rd Dec 2008, 14:00
north? including Russia? good idea! they are also good at running metric that can help in some control sectors.

gweiloairline
6th Jan 2009, 04:21
PRC will go imperial in 2009

read your news mate