PDA

View Full Version : Asiana B-767

WYOMINGPILOT
23rd Nov 2008, 19:54
I have just applied through Rishworth to Asiana as a 767 pilot. They have rejected my application as I only have 767-200 flight time and Asiana will only accept B-767-300 flight time. Can any of you 767-300 Sky God pilots enlighten me as to what makes a 767-300 so superior? I have flown 767-200 ETOPS aircraft and we have HDGs on some of our aircraft. I am dumbfounded at such a pathetic requirement. I now consider myself just a lowly 767-200 pilot not worthy of Asiana's high superiority. The contract is subpar anyway and not very good for commuting so no big loss anyway.

NZ X man
23rd Nov 2008, 23:49
The guys at Rishworth are not the sharpest pencils in the box, perhaps that helped?

Cheers

Capt.Bee
24th Nov 2008, 04:09
You should've used Parc for this job. I know plenty of 767 pilots working for Asiana and with only -200 time previously. Does't sound right to me. Something's wrong IMHO,or look for another reason. :ugh:

WYOMINGPILOT
24th Nov 2008, 04:18
Capt.BeeYou should've used Parc for this job. I know plenty of 767 pilots working for Asiana and with only -200 time previously. Does't sound right to me. Something's wrong IMHO,or look for another reason

I wish I would have used Parc but Asiana does indeed have this petty requirement that only 767-300 pilots are eligible to apply. I never made it past the application phase. Call Rishworth directly if you don't believe me, I am still astonished at this ridiculous requirement. Good luck to all you B-767-300 Sky Gods, I am just a lowly 767-200 pilot. This Asiana contract pales in comparison to many Ex Pat 767 positions.

46mph
24th Nov 2008, 07:51
Safi (-200;))
ANA
JP Express

777heavy
24th Nov 2008, 09:38
Wyoming Pilot,

Maybe its your attitude to your colleagues that they got you on!

Sky Gods? I couldnt help posting after you said it a second time.

crj705
24th Nov 2008, 11:27
Same post on three different message boards....and all of them have responses hinting at your attitude in your post. hmmm.

WYOMINGPILOT
24th Nov 2008, 12:12
OK - I'll bite. What great 767 jobs are you talking about? I am looking around

I applied to ANA, KAL/777 and Asiana. Asiana is by far the worst in terms of pay and commuting ability.

Maybe its your attitude to your colleagues that they got you on!

I never got to show my attitude as I was stopped at the application phase. I have a common type rating in all the 757/767 family but they have a ridiculous requirement only 767-300 pilots are eligible. I guess they forgot to check with Boeing.

Same post on three different message boards....and all of them have responses hinting at your attitude in your post. hmmm.

How would you feel crj705 if you applied for a crj position and they denied your application for a crj 70 series position and you only have crj 50 and 90 series flight time? This is a ridiculous requirement Asiana has that they only accept 767-300 applicants.

The Dominican
24th Nov 2008, 16:35
I applied to ANA, KAL/777 and Asiana. Asiana is by far the worst in terms of pay and commuting ability.

What was the result of those interviews? because at ANA and KAL 762 time is as good as any, although I have a feeling that I know the answer

WYOMINGPILOT
25th Nov 2008, 04:01
Dominican:
What was the result of those interviews? because at ANA and KAL 762 time is as good as any, although I have a feeling that I know the answer

I just sent the applications in to Parc for ANA and Rishworth for KAL. I'll bet you have funny feelings all the time. Do you also hear voices?

The Dominican
25th Nov 2008, 04:10
I just sent the applications in to Parc for ANA and Rishworth for KAL. I'll bet you have funny feelings all the time. Do you also hear voices?

I'm not worried at all about having to fly with you here at ANA. the "voices" are telling me that you will not make it to the line with that attitude:=

WYOMINGPILOT
25th Nov 2008, 04:28
I'm not worried at all about having to fly with you here at ANA. the "voices" are telling me that you will not make it to the line with that attitude

One voice you will be hearing when I am on the line as a DEC at ANA is hey CO-Pilot go get me another cup of coffee and make sure you have all the paper work done properly biatch.

Metro man
25th Nov 2008, 08:10
Didn't Vietnam Airlines have a similar thing with not accepting ATR 42 experience for the ATR72 ?

etops777
25th Nov 2008, 08:28
Quote:
I'm not worried at all about having to fly with you here at ANA. the "voices" are telling me that you will not make it to the line with that attitude

"One voice you will be hearing when I am on the line as a DEC at ANA is hey CO-Pilot go get me another cup of coffee and make sure you have all the paper work done properly biatch."

With that attitude, please do yourelf a favour, DO NOT embarrsass yourself you will definitely not make it to the line.....:=

777birdcage
25th Nov 2008, 12:45
Wyoming,

I certainly hope you are a 14 year old kid posting on here to get a raise out of us.. If not, save you and us the time of applying to ANA.

The only voice you will hear from us is "Fail" on the inital interview, and "Get a new suit" as you scamper back home to fly with your dumpy job!

Cheers!

The Dominican
25th Nov 2008, 13:11
One voice you will be hearing when I am on the line as a DEC at ANA is hey CO-Pilot go get me another cup of coffee and make sure you have all the paper work done properly biatch.

How do you think that will work out for him guys?

WYOMINGPILOT
25th Nov 2008, 13:22
The only voice you will hear from us is "Fail" on the inital interview, and "Get a new suit" as you scamper back home to fly with your dumpy job!

You probably like 14 year old boys in new suits. Chill out, I initially posted just to inform everyone of a ridiculous requirement by Asiana, plain and simple.

James' Bro
25th Nov 2008, 14:06
Wyoming Pilot,

There is an ASIAN saying....

" People don't say you are dumb if you don't speak!".....

Kam-san Hami-dah....

WYOMINGPILOT
25th Nov 2008, 19:18
There is an ASIAN saying....

" People don't say you are dumb if you don't speak!".....

Kam-san Hami-dah....

Take a little of your own medicine to heart pal. You and your BRO can now wander back to your project and play gangsta' wannabe.

soliloquy
27th Nov 2008, 00:32
You all have to much time on your hands.....Dominican......you should post less, your not doing anybody any favours here.

What is not needed is people applying who otherwise wouldn't and shouldn't

Im talking about you Wyoming

WYOMINGPILOT
27th Nov 2008, 01:10
so⋅lil⋅o⋅quy   /səˈlɪlhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngəhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngkwi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html) [suh-lil-uh-kwee] Show IPA Pronunciation http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html)

–noun, plural -quies. 1.an utterance or discourse by a person who is talking to himself or herself or is disregardful of or oblivious to any hearers present (often used as a device in drama to disclose a character's innermost thoughts): Hamlet's soliloquy begins with “To be or not to be.” 2.the act of talking while or as if alone

soliloquyChildren
You all have to much time on your hands.....Dominican......you should post less, your not doing anybody any favours here.

What is not needed is people applying who otherwise wouldn't and shouldn't

So now you are telling me who I can and should apply to? Stop talking to yourself, the voices talking inside your head can be cured with psychological therapy and medication. Move along homeslice, back to your cave where you can carry on a converstaion with your self.

Fratemate
27th Nov 2008, 08:31
WP,

I know you're just winding guys up and, believe it or not, I actually DO get your sense of humour but, just in case you're not aware; most of the AJV pilots are captains i.e. your 'CO-Pilot' is likely to be a captain and, I would venture to suggest, may not respond in quite the manner you might expect. A LOT of Australians, whose approach to confrontation is 'different' to which you may be used :ouch:.

Do they make a 767 smaller than a -300 :}

The Dominican
27th Nov 2008, 18:38
You all have to(o) much time on your hands.....Dominican......you should post less, your not doing anybody any favours here.

I love your french accent soliloqui, favoouuurrrrsss! it sounds so exotic and smart. I have an exercise for you, go ahead and click on my user name find all my post and figure out the percentage of my posts that I deal with questions from other pilots about the job opportunities here at ANA and then sign off from this "soliloqui" user name that only has 5 posts and then sign in again with your usual user name, you know the one that you were too chicken **** to take a jab at me with. Then figure out your percentage, I'll be willing to bet you my next months salary that I do a lot more helping of other pilots than you do, you spelling wizard you:}

I know you're just winding guys up and, believe it or not, I actually DO get your sense of humour but, just in case you're not aware; most of the AJV pilots are captains i.e. your 'CO-Pilot' is likely to be a captain and, I would venture to suggest, may not respond in quite the manner you might expect. A LOT of Australians, whose approach to confrontation is 'different' to which you may be used http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/shiner.gif.

Naaah! Wyoming pilot doesn't mean it, he is just engaging into the old pilot's forum game of getting on each others nerves that's all. Folks are just pissed because he is better at it than some of them. At the end we understand his position because at one point or another we have all been without a job and that sucks!

Favours ce magnific! damn that's funny