PDA

View Full Version : YHOX has Vanished and No FUEL

Ultralights
22nd Nov 2008, 08:12
Just got my updated charts, ERSA etc, only to find YHOX is no longer listed, not in ERSA, or on any charts...

now, my question, with regards to the Hoxton special procedures, and the mandatory 4 legs of the circuit, as YHOX is no longer listed anywhere, neither are it special procedures, so, as i understand it, it is now a standard CTAF with appropriate standard CTAF rules, such as Straight in approaches are permissable, as is joining circuit on downwind etc, no longer are we required to fly the 4 legs, joing midfield crosswind.....would this be correct line of thinking?

espacially as the closure of YHOX has been delayed thurther, possibly until march 09,

oh, except today, the BP bowswer was removed! so bring ya jerry cans!:ugh::mad:

DanArcher
22nd Nov 2008, 08:43
looks to have another month left at this stage...

C16/08 REVIEW C15/08
AERODROME DECOMMISSIONED
WITH EFFECT FROM 0812150600
AD NO LONGER AVBL FOR ACFT ACTIVITY DUE LAND REDEVELOPMENT
FROM 09 110535 TO PERM

a bit of a grey area as far as the CTAF proc's are conserned, well I guess you couldn't get in trouble for not obeying the expired ctaf proc's...:E

Ultralights
22nd Nov 2008, 10:28
the listed closure date is still Dec 12, but none of the subdivided lots have been sold, and now the entire airfield is listed for sale as 1, 58 hectare lot! and rumours around the ground are there is no buyer in sight, not surprising considering the large amount of unsold industrial lots all along the M7 motorway!, not only that, the replacement hangars at YSBK are far from finished, hence the rumoured closure date of March 09, which i hope is true. but unfortunatly the BP bowser was drained of fuel today, and is due for removal tomorrow (sunday)

will the Mobil fuel trucks drive to Hoxton from Bankstown to supply us?

DanArcher
22nd Nov 2008, 10:34
but none of the subdivided lots have been sold, and now the entire airfield is listed for sale as 1, 58 hectare lot!

hmmm there's a thought.... anyone want to buy an airfield???!!!???!!??
maybe a group of aircraft owners / operators could buy it :eek:

capt787
22nd Nov 2008, 10:50
If someone bought it, can he/she continues to operate it as an aerodrome? :confused:

OZBUSDRIVER
22nd Nov 2008, 11:40
A not-for-profit group backed up by a Fed grant.....now that would be an exquisite turn of events:}

DUXNUTZ
22nd Nov 2008, 18:03
I'll throw in a hundred bucks. Maybe a pprune paypal effort. Wonder what an airfield goes for these days.......

bluesky300
22nd Nov 2008, 20:36
I'm in for $300 and a 1/10,000 share.

MCKES
22nd Nov 2008, 21:31
Ill put up a $100:ok:

DanArcher
22nd Nov 2008, 22:14
A not-for-profit group backed up by a Fed grant.....

hmmm what could we convince the guvamint to sell off in order to raise some more cash to put into private hands :confused: how about selling off the sydney habour gotta be a bit of coin to be made in charging the boaties a 'movement' fee!! :rolleyes:

bentleg
23rd Nov 2008, 02:22
today, the BP bowswer was removed! so bring ya jerry cans!

There is a BP bowser at Camden, 11 miles SW.

sms777
23rd Nov 2008, 03:02
There is also Mobil bowser and 10 fuel trucks in Bankstown 4 miles away!