PDA

View Full Version : Lagos Atc/radar

18left
22nd Nov 2008, 07:24
Can someone pls reach out to Captain Sanusi,to do something urgently about the restoration of Radar services.
Its an absolute nightmare,coming into Lagos now,its expensive wrt to fuel,and often scary!:uhoh:

Whats going on? how long does it take to get a new radar installed

unstable load
22nd Nov 2008, 12:11
Well, the first allocation of funds to buy it got diverted and the second does'nt cover it any more 'cos the price has gone up and then there is the brown envelope for the administrator to allow it to happen and.......... it could go on for a while, mate.

Oh, then we have the harmattan coming soon..............:D

Klogic
22nd Nov 2008, 20:25
and there are always CBs at LAG:ooh:

merlinxx
23rd Nov 2008, 05:27
So who's building the new villa then? Hey have you seen the new armored Merc?:ugh::mad:

Cyclopps
24th Nov 2008, 03:35
God help us.
Once again kudos to nigerian pilots who despite
all these do all to maintain safer skies.

unstable load
24th Nov 2008, 04:55
So true, Cyclops, so true!!

NIJASEA
24th Nov 2008, 07:46
Gentlemen, we have been flying without radar for years and thank God and good airmanship we have not been unfortunate. Why now that the anticipated arrival of full radar coverage is on the horizon do we deem it necessary to try to rush what can be a life and cost saving solution to our arrival problems in Lagos. I agree its long overdue and those who are responsible for the system should hold a forum to update the airlines but we know our culture. We can only keep flying safe and hope the Radar comes alive soon.

ZAZOO
24th Nov 2008, 15:52
Its even more scary on the ground these days, where the heck did all these airplanes come from zipping all over the place..!!! There are times when I just can't wait to get Airborne and out of there...... oh well thank the Good Lord for journey mercies guys.

Concerning the Radar issue... well.. e go come I believe!!! but the guys in the tower do a neat job these days especialy between the hours of 15:00 to about 18:00hrs. e no easy. Slow but it works.

And please please please less charter on the radios guys it does not help at all, these days its gone worse...good airmanship character is a plus in any phase of flight.

And here's wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving this thursday.

Zaz