PDA

View Full Version : Anyone To Cae-air Asia?

IMRPOVED CLIMB
21st Nov 2008, 17:48
hi guys!!!

anyone going to CAE-AIR ASIA assessment process?

does anybody gone already who can tell us what type of tests are them?

thank you! have nice flights!:ok:

The Lead Sparrow
22nd Nov 2008, 07:50
Is that Air Asia ie. Tony Fernandes. With another TLA I don't know or is it a completely different outfit?

Sebek
22nd Nov 2008, 12:18
I recieved and invatation, however I am not going. You need to pay 34k euros, and you get only one year contract plus you get paid penauts during that year (around £1200 according to my calculations)...

IMRPOVED CLIMB
22nd Nov 2008, 16:55
SEBEK,

reading the information you are giving i can affirm that you have "confirmed your assistance to the assessment", because that information is only sended to those people who confirm that assistance.

Please if you did that, send another email saying you are not going,
because it is important for your mates to do that.

Regarding your post, thank you very much for the answer,

have nice flights!! :ok:

PD to "The Lead Sparrow" : i dont understand your question, but i can say to you Air Asia is Malaysian low cost airline, is true what sebek said, bad salary, but i dont know, one year contract and A320 TR it is not bad for the time we are passing through right now the low hour pilots.

fadedfootpaths
22nd Nov 2008, 17:10
but i dont know, one year contract and A320 TR it is not bad for the time we are passing through right now the low hour pilots.

You are going to be paying 34K euros and a few more 1000s on accomodation and travel and other stuffs. I think its real BAD for a low hour pilot with already a huge money spent on the initial training:ugh:

Dont pay to fly, you will only make stuffs much harder for yourself and others around you.

Happy Landings:ok:

PosClimb
23rd Nov 2008, 03:49
Does that 34K include the type rating?

The problem is that you only work for 1 year, so maybe you'll get 500 to 800 hours.

Where does that leave you? The airlines around the world are going into a major contraction.

I don't think 500 or 800 hours on type is necessarily going guarantee you a job over the next few years as there are going to be a lot of guys with a lot more time than that on the street also looking for work...

tigermagicjohn
23rd Nov 2008, 10:19
Paying for the TR, and getting hours on type is the way to go.

This is also a part of the training, why should 250 hours on smaller aircraft qualify us to fly on a A320?

I can't see why this seems so hard to understand for some people.

I dont know the details for this airline, but expecting to be qualified to jump into RH seat after ATPL, CPL and IR is crazy, most people have had to work 3 - 6 years as instructor, taxi and all other kind of flying jobs before getting into the RH.

Calculate how much that total will cost, compared to paying for TR and getting hours, and maybe your view will be different.

Sebek
24th Nov 2008, 10:12
I think most of us are familiar with self-sponsored programmes. I wouldnt mind to pay for my own training but I would be looking to fly at least 1500 hours on type, so when I come back to Europe there wont be any problems finding a job.

hitmanishere
24th Nov 2008, 11:17
I wouldnt mind to pay for my own training but I would be looking to fly at least 1500 hours on type

If you pay more you get to fly more....:}

dartagnan
15th Jan 2009, 16:34
i am selling 2000 hours Boeing 737 or A320 for 200'000 $.

it s only 100$/hour... what a deal!!!.

please apply as soon as possible, 3 places remaining only. we have already 15 places fully book.

we may have 5000 hours on B747 and A380 for ONLY 450'000$.

hurry up!!send me a PM.

coming soon: 10'000 hours on space shuttle discovery for 36.7 millions $.
what a bargain!!!!:}

FrankAbagnale
15th Jan 2009, 18:52
ahh dang..!!
I am selling hours on a ford fiesta if anyone fancies ... :p

gunit
16th Jan 2009, 09:59
Welcome to AirAsia.com...now everyone can fly... (http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/pressRelease.jsp?id=56987500-7f000010-9ad84000-b2d99b27)

"1000" pilots a year"

how many of these are gona be pay to fly? if there is demand, why
are people willing to prostitute themselves for nothing! come on people think!

dartagnan
16th Jan 2009, 14:11
it' s all bullock as usual. people come with numbers, these numbers come from nowhere.

journalists or schools write what they want, and then public believe it:eek:.

recently I have heared guys who run a fliught school saying there will be a shortage of helicopter pilots.
if it was true, it would take me 3 months to do my commercial license. but if everybody convert their license to helico, there will be so many pilots, that the shortage will be only for a few months.

same story for type rated pilots. it takes only 2 months to be rated on a boeing, so there won't be any type rated pilots shortage.
the airline just dont want pay, and receive a commision from the TRTO.
so they make DOUBLE money .1- they dont have to pay for your type rating 2- they get a commision for the TRTO

this is the reason why they dont see the point to keep you too long in their airline. they can get fresh roastbeef from UK as long they want.

it s all business! it s all money. noone give a damn toss about you. they want your cash.

say no....:=