PDA

View Full Version : to crew based in mxp airport

skygold
20th Nov 2008, 08:53
hi guys,
i am looking for some information about staff carpark in malpensa airport. i am crew for an international airline that flyes to mxp but has not base there . i have just move to milan and i will be commuting to london quite often. i have heard that unlike in the uk airline staff in mxp have to pay for they car park at the airport although a reduced amount.i would like to know if i would be able to get that type of discount or any other ideas of how i can get parking as i will be regularly using the airport car park.

any information will be very greatful
thank you

juliadayla
23rd Nov 2008, 20:19
Hi Skygold. Just read your post but need to know the airport you want to commute from? Will it be Linate or Malpensa? If you have moved to the city of Milan, Linate city airport would be better for you and in this case, it would be much more convenient to get a taxi to and from rather than paying the parking dayly or weekly fee. Or get on the bus n° 73 from San Babila tube station and, for the cost of 1 euro (underground included), you'll be taken right in front of Linate doors. A taxy fare should be around 25 Euros one way from the city.

If you'll be commuting from malpensa airport and live nearby, this is an option enabling you to save some money:
1. park your car in cardano al campo ( a small town 5 km away by car from the airport) and get a bus that will take you directly to the airport.

Tell me where exactly you have moved 'cause Malpensa airport is not in Milan!
A one way trip taxy fare from Milan to Mxp should be around 60/70 Euros.

As for parking fees in both airports, They are quite expensives. I heard of about 70 Euros per week for passengers. I can't tell if you are entitled to any discount as cabin crew.

If The option of parking your private car in Cardano suits you, note that via Vicenza in Cardano is full with cabin crew inhabitants who park their cars outside their accomodations and the bus stop is right there.

Hope to have helped you out somehow!

Benvenuto a Milano. ciao!

flyblue
24th Nov 2008, 07:01
i have heard that unlike in the uk airline staff in mxp have to pay for they car park at the airport although a reduced amountIt is only a few airlines that make the staff pay for the car park, it is not the norm. The majority have free staff parking.
About the rates, you can check with SEA SEA - Aeroporti Milano Malpensa (http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/it/malpensa/index.phtml)