PDA

View Full Version : Emirates ID card / who pays?

shortfuel
20th Nov 2008, 06:46
EY: I am under the impression that according to the last corporate email...EY employees are to bear the cost of the new Emirates ID card!
What do you think? Oversight or another tricky way to cut costs to break even in 2010!!! :ugh:

This new ID card should have the same status as the working permit/visa...For me, the company shall pay for its employees.

What's the situation in Emirates or Arabia?

break dancer
20th Nov 2008, 08:18
Yeah, EK the same....Dhs40 to lodge the application (us paying the government department to do their job!!! But what's new there?) and then Dhs100 when finger printed etc. The GN said (which must be true), that employers were to bear the cost of the card for their employees. We'll have to wait and see. The latest is that it's all been put off until 2010 anyway.

Short Approach?
20th Nov 2008, 14:03
The latest is that it's all been put off until 2010 anyway.

Is it? There seems to be some confusion :} According to the newspaper yesterday it was put off till 2010, but the same paper reported that applications still had to be handed in before 1st Jan 2009, and then it was ok if the cards didn't show up until 2010 :ugh:

If you'll excuse me, I'll go pull my hair out...

Leito
20th Nov 2008, 14:52
hey brake dancer, I think that there is also a * 20 DHS * to pay to the courrrier guy when it gets delivered :confused:

Totally agree, it should all be done through our airlines and paid by them, just like the e-gate cards.