PDA

View Full Version : Crew Management / OPS Systems

Corger
20th Nov 2008, 04:26
Hi All,

I'm looking for info on the Flight Pairing / Crew Pairing / Rostering process, etc, as well as day of operation management. I have some books, and have googled for info until my fingers turn blue, but there seems to be a lack of info out there about this whole process.

The systems that handle this is also very specialized and getting hands on a demo version seems all but impossible unless you are affiliated with a bigger airline.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could point me in a direction which would give me some info on these topics.

Best Regards

//Nerd

Left Wing
20th Nov 2008, 07:13
Its seems everyone is going thru the same pain....we are in discussions with some developers to build our own.

Left Wing
20th Nov 2008, 10:47
Corger

pls check your message

lotta_kan
24th Nov 2008, 01:08
Learning from your email, you are not very much familiar with the procedure of the crewing process in your company. Suggest you to seek for the advice from the available vendor in the market who will provide you the similar service; however it would be an expensive option.

The alternative is to hire an expert locally to study your internal process and make recommendation to you.

If you choose the 2nd option, I may be able to offer you some useful information.

Cheers

mutt
24th Nov 2008, 04:27
The alternative is to hire an expert locally to study your internal process and make recommendation to you. ..... be careful, some consultants realize that they are paid to provide a result, regardless of the result.

A certain company called b.h comes to mind........... :(

Mutt

lotta_kan
24th Nov 2008, 14:53
Obviously this is experience talk; however there are some experienced users who are willing to share their experience rather than selling their expertise are available when time suits them well.

Given crewing is rather unique and is a matter of local knowledge, this is always useful to share with other similar users to work your way out to suit your business needs. That's why AGIFORS keeps running the working group meeting almost once every year. It was another useful forum to learn from others painful exerience.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :)

merlinxx
24th Nov 2008, 16:13
lotta good post:ok:

Ten West
24th Nov 2008, 18:46
You're very welcome to borrow my everyday reference manual on the subject of course... :ok:

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo77/Graha0808/Work%20related/Crewing-1.jpg

merlinxx
25th Nov 2008, 04:29
TENy, I've been looking for that since it was nicked in 1971, thieving b'stard:=, that'll cost ya 10 pints:E

Ten West
25th Nov 2008, 12:20
I would give it back to you, but I haven't finished colouring it in yet. :p

merlinxx
25th Nov 2008, 16:36
Right Teny that's bloody it, crayons out me pram now:{

S'pose it's back to chucking beer mats instead:*