PDA

View Full Version : Swiss European Flow-through

GrkPilot
19th Nov 2008, 14:27
Would appreciate any help,

Was contacted in taking a position with Swiss European flying the AVRO 100.

My question is if direct entries that take the position will they be able to flow through to Swiss International and possibly fly or get on with the Airbus fleet?

Thanks!!

Mister Geezer
21st Nov 2008, 17:08
There has been little movement from the RJ to Airbus but that is due to change, with a more structured system being used for moving between fleets.

Not a bad time to join if you don't mind the long wait for the left seat.

alkor
21st Nov 2008, 19:18
I am considering of applying. But the job advert says that there is a chance of going to airbus.
personally I dont care about the plane I fly, but the upgrade should be sooner. As I remember I read that it takes as long as 8 years:\. Is that for real??!!!:eek:

what about the fo pay. Is the one mentioned on the ppjn corect?
What is the difference between FO and SFO.
And the roaster at swiss?

cheers,
a

GrkPilot
22nd Nov 2008, 08:51
Thanks for the reply guys,

I am NON-GERMAN speaking, don't know if this will be a problem to flow through to SWISS INTERNATIONAL ??

From the site, because I am TYPE RATED, it means I will enter as a 5th year SFO ???

Hope we could get more information ... :cool:

ICEMAN757200
22nd Nov 2008, 10:28
I´ve heard from them that apart from your A levels, you need a 3 year university or a 3 year aprenticeship experience to join.

FI 21
22nd Nov 2008, 12:13
Look! they sent me this mail a few days ago:

Dear Mister XXX:

We thank you for your interest and your request/ application referring a pilot position within SWISS.

The category direct / ready entry for Swiss International & Swiss European Air Lines is open at the moment. Be informed that SWISS pilots are required to speak German and English fluently.

Currently an additional category is open: “Direct Entry F/O - Swiss European Air Lines AG - non-German speaking”. All information regarding requirements is published on the internet:
https://www.swiss.com/web/DE/about_swiss/careers/job_opportunities/cockpit_crew/Pages/pilot.aspx

Please note, that we will not accept any e- application.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.

Sincerely,

XXXX

Mister Geezer
22nd Nov 2008, 15:37
8 years for a command.... double that and you may be close!

irishone
24th Nov 2008, 15:55
FI 21 I got the same reply as you from Swiss. Non-German needs 1000TT I think...not in my range, that's for sure!