PDA

View Full Version : 8% salary cut...no make it 16%

Frogman1484
19th Nov 2008, 12:46
Great no 13th month = 8% salary cut plus no 1 month profit share= 8% ok lets add 6% inflation= 22% salary cut from last year.

Oh yes let me also mention the 850+ hours I have flown this past 12 months, and while I'm at it what about my 20 days leave I cannot get because there are not slots available.

Thanks Tony I'll make sure you gratitude payment goes straight into the coffee mug we got from Phillip :eek::D

mephisto88
19th Nov 2008, 13:04
Was that like the same mug that everyone else got with our names on them.:ouch: (Apart from those pesky troublesome un-named pilots who received twenty cartons of un-named mugs in great appreciation of all their un-appreciated efforts).

Nice work!

pacific blues
19th Nov 2008, 13:26
Two weeks profit share at the start of the year over and above what the formula accounted for plus two weeks ex gratia bonus = 13th month. Doesn't it? Assuming you didn't upgrade within the year. Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me considering...

Azamat Bagatov
19th Nov 2008, 13:52
Fac6,
As much as I hate to admit it, and only because I was flicking through the COS, 13mth is, sadly, referred to as a Discretionary Bonus...
The 'ex-gratia' way of expressing it though is another thing, but I've written another post regarding my thoughts on this...
Again, that warm, fuzzy feeling within seems to be overwhelming my senses...:ugh:

Frogman1484
19th Nov 2008, 23:11
ummm...it is 8000 or half a month, so unless you are paid 16 k per month , it is not 2 weeks! for a bscale capt it is 7% of one month or 2.17 days.

You can also say it is .5% of your annual salary.:uhoh:

To take it farther considering I have done 850 hour in the last 12 months, that is $9.4 per hour!:yuk:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

betaboy
19th Nov 2008, 23:32
I think B-scale Capts make more than 16k per mo! Duh...

The 13th mo. amounts to 1/2 a month for all of us, regardless of rank.

404 Titan
19th Nov 2008, 23:37
Frogman1484

ummm...it is 8000 or half a month, so unless you are paid 16 k per month , it is not 2 weeks!

Ah yes it is. I think you will find it says:

However, we will make an ex gratia payment to all such employees of half a month’s salary or HK$8,000, whichever is the greater.

Therefore all HK based cockpit crew will get half a months salary.

The Messiah
20th Nov 2008, 00:18
22% salary cut from last year.
Don't know how you worked that out. I earned 11% less this year from last.:confused:

Frogman1484
20th Nov 2008, 10:21
you are right the double negative got me!!! it is half a month I thought it was 8000 or half a month which ever was higher.

Sorry:\:\:\:{:{:{

The Messiah
20th Nov 2008, 10:37
I thought it was 8000 or half a month which ever was higher.

That's exactly what it is.:confused:

Frogman1484
20th Nov 2008, 13:09
too many beers tonight. I thought it was 8k:cool:

Yeager
21st Nov 2008, 03:36
gidday maaates,

So we are getting half a month. Could have been worse too. Right. Could have been nothing.

Anyways. Instead of bitchin why dont you fellows just go and cash in the other half yourselves. The Christmas month is coming up now. Take Christmas off for the other half. I for one is gonna do that. And there is no tax or anything on being on sick leave. Its really up to yourselves to show this pathetic management how it works. Merry Christmas everybody.

Y.

The Messiah
21st Nov 2008, 04:51
Take Christmas off for the other half
Great idea Yeager, leave your work mates to cover YOUR work over Christmas :rolleyes: that's the spirit.:mad:

cluin44
21st Nov 2008, 13:45
"work mates"??
Hohoho Messiah.
Look forward to flying with you in the New Year Yeager.

Avius
21st Nov 2008, 14:47
Yeager,

what an attitude you have...Frankly, your sense of entitlement is quite sickening. But then again, life will always backfire on people of your kind.

When hardship comes, as it inevitably will to the likes of your mindset you will of course feel, that the world is "out to get you" and that "everybody is against you" and not recognizing, that you are the maker of your own misery.

I feel sorry for you....

geh065
21st Nov 2008, 21:51
So whats this increase of 2% or an incremental point? Does it mean we suddenly become say Captain Yr 4 instead of Yr 3?....or as usual does the pay rise not relate to the pilots?

(Ref: DFO's friday newsletter)

FYI
21st Nov 2008, 23:11
don't get too excited there geh065. The way I read the DFO's blurb was that everybody will continue to receive their incremental payrise or for those who don't have any incremental payrise as part of their contract (maybe some cabin crew or ground staff), then they will still receive their promised 2% payrise anyway.

The unnerving thing I found about his statement was that he had to reassure us that we will still continue to receive the pay increment increase.

N1 Vibes
21st Nov 2008, 23:21
I'm surprised none of the whingers has mentioned the increase in price of bananas eroding your ever shrinking pile's of cash yet. You only seem to be interested in what's going (or not going) into your pocket. Rather than removing your head from the sand and seeing the extra money that's going out.

Shoppers set to count rising cost of bananas - Times Online (http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article4151774.ece)

Whinge-on! This makes such entertainment...

Wishing your pockets the best of health at all times,

N1 Vibes

Busbert
22nd Nov 2008, 00:26
It's been rumoured that the inflationary pressure on bananas has been exacerbated by the pay rises in Maintenance Control. Folk have been splashing out and driving up prices.