PDA

View Full Version : Business Air/BM commuter turns Regional

KADS
18th May 2001, 18:40
It was announced today that former Business Air, later British Midland Commuter is now going to be bmi Regional. New paint scheme is to follow and the Fokkers are to operate as "Regionals" wetleased by bmi Mainline.... More to come....(?) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

PaulDeGearup
18th May 2001, 19:33
Registered Office according to Companies House of British Midland Regional is in St Vincent St in Glasgow

First Officer Horrendous
19th May 2001, 20:30
So, here we go. British Midland are following in BA's footsteps in creating an effective 'B' Scale operation in the same way BA are doing with us, - (BRAL) - Brymon, and BA CitiExpress. It should prove very interestin to review both of these Companies in, say, a year's time. I wonder whether all the expected benefits of re-branding will have REALLY appeared in the form of improved T's and C's for the pilot workforces of both Regional/Commuter/Express operations. I don't intend to hold my breath !

------------------
Yours,

HORRY.

INKJET
19th May 2001, 21:48
FOH
I may have missed something here,but no one said re branding was to improve pilots T&Cs.
The big plus for everyone (inc pilots) is that re branding make you look at all parts of your operation (image thing)and that by " turning stones" you tend to find a few things that need changing,and because they benifit the company, it does not mean that they need to be bad for the staff (inc "YAWN" the pilots).
At the very least i will know what to call the company when i do my welcome aboard bit.
I will very much miss the Kirkwalls, but i guess thats progress.
The FOKKER issue is very interesting, and must mean that down line we will get the EMB170/190, which looks great and some more interesting routes, in all good news me thinks(for pilots as well)

First Officer Horrendous
20th May 2001, 02:31
Oh heck - let me guess, you still believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy as well.

------------------
Yours,

HORRY.

INKJET
20th May 2001, 13:19
F O H
Nope, i don`t believe in father xmas, but i have been around a bit and know how the real world operates. As for BRAL/BRYMON i`am not sure,but if were running things at BRAL the first thing to go would be base captains company cars(why do you people clutter up busy ramp areas with FORD EXPLORES)and no i`am not jealous as my M`class doesn`t have BRAL plastered all over it.
Also explain why your jetstream drivers get the same pay(captains)as your EBM145/BAe146 guys,remember it`s the people down the back that pay, and the more of them`then the bigger the pot to pay out of.
Oh FOH just remind of what price BRAL floated at, and the average share price uptil news of BA`s purchase broke!!! the only person who made any money out of that was sir MB, and he got shot of it when he saw the Aussie was interested. Guess what FOH,he runs (and owns)BM.
So FOH what does the future hold for you,£50 says you will never get the chance to transfer to mainline, that your pay rises will be RPI if your lucky, and i bet the big red 4X4 don`t stay long. In bmi the future bright, the future is red,white&blue.

Use the force Luke,use the force

PS i like a quite life, so please stop powering back off stands

FOH you are the weakest link "GOODBYE"

[This message has been edited by INKJET (edited 20 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by INKJET (edited 23 May 2001).]

146LUKE
20th May 2001, 17:49
Inkjet

With me its more like use the farce!

Nosferatu
20th May 2001, 22:00
Goodness me Inkjet, you sound like a typical BM employee, I must say. I would point out that BRAL made 25% more profit (net, pound notes) than BM and BMC put together this year.
We DON'T pay our Jetstream or any turboprop guys the same as our Jet guys. Further, anyone working for BM has no room to slag other people's Company Car policy. You have clearly never been to Castle Don and looked at the rows of exotic Company machinery parked in front of that particular building !!

As for the share price, $1.50, and £0.60.

Now, to me, any businessman who persuades the institutions to cough up the capitalisation at £1.50 for a £0.60 share is obviously gifted at something. This was our own Terry Liddiard, and the profit from that initial float also lined the pockets of your boss. Further, it may be fairly said that the share price only fell following an unnecessary profit warning. Whatever, he certainly made a pile for Bish again didn't he. I wonder how long the cash will last oversupplying an already crowded transatlantic sector?

bmi, now that's rebranding, when even the staff, from the hangar cleaner to the board cant say what it stands for. At least we don't have the chop-happy, pessimistic overworked culture that has existed in BM for the last fifteen years.
Get a life. I've worked for both Companies, and I know which I prefer. I also make sure I get my facts right before I start spouting off and slagging other operators innaccurately.

[This message has been edited by Nosferatu (edited 20 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 21 May 2001).]

INKJET
21st May 2001, 14:36
"any business man who makes institutions cough up more cash",and then issue profit warnings won`t get to do it offten, perhaps TL should take over where Mr Palmer left off and start selling timeshares. On the share price please use either £ or $ or state the e/r. As for company cars what you can do in a private company is very different to what the shareholders of BA will accept,as you and your "C" scale nigel wanabees will soon find out. I do agree with your comments on longhaul,even BA`s pax numbers are down on flight accross the pond, still its SIR MB brass,and he can afford it.

PS you guys are so easy to wind up, you really should get out more

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 21 May 2001).]

INKJET
21st May 2001, 20:25
enough said!

First Officer Horrendous
23rd May 2001, 00:39
Hey Inkjet, get a life old sport !!

You've obviously never been to Waterworld and seen the Company Car park there either.

I notice you don't actually respond to any of Nosferatu's points (not a politician perchance??) and furthermore, if we are talking about businessmen and share selling, perhaps you should review your boss's dealings with SAS - just as a start.

I bet you're a BMC pilot, not long in, and still thinking loyalty and spouting the Company line will get you a Boeing, or one of those shiny new Airbi. Dream on, or talk to someone senior enough to have collected their second shirt issue!

------------------
Yours,

HORRY.

INKJET
23rd May 2001, 13:21
F O H

Wrong,wrong and wrong again. as for shirts i used to wear the blue ones,as for bmi i was there when it was Bizzy Air, and as for the bus, well i think its a great bit of kit and i enjoy flying it, so next time your thro MAN look up and look me up.

KADS
23rd May 2001, 15:15
FOH,
What dealings with SAS? Could you enlighten us who are unaware?

Stu Pidkent
23rd May 2001, 15:36
Inkjet - minor point, business process re-engineering turns stones over - re-branding differentiates your offer from competition in the eye of the consumer.

Is bmi bad to work for ? I've applied for a non-flying post (Castle Don) with them and I'm interested in this - it would have to be pretty bad to be worse than where I am to be honest though.

Lloyd's Broker
28th May 2001, 21:56
Apparently the Fokker Concorde pilots will be wearing the Biz.Air uniform as punishment for the fuss they made when BMC started wearing the Mainline uniform( minus the hats of course)last year!!!!!!!!!

RAFAT
29th May 2001, 06:14
INKJET,

Here here on the powerback comment. BRAL, you really do p*ss everybody off when you do this, not least the poor marshaller whom I've noticed gets showered with crap.

Moan over, back to the point.

First Officer Horrendous
29th May 2001, 12:17
It will get better when we are issued with our Dorniers.
In the meantime, if you and your mates want to come and pull on a long rope, I suppose that would be one solution. Alternatively, I suppose you get the Airport to change its policy on stands. Until then boyo, you're stuck with it. It does make us fairly versatile though, unlike yourselves!!

------------------
Yours,

HORRY.

RAFAT
29th May 2001, 16:50
Our DHCs are fully capable, but for one reason or another, (Pratt & Whitney advice I think) the Company doesn't allow it.