PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL in Dallas with B737 Recency!

ZAZOO
16th Nov 2008, 12:15
Hi, currently looking for a center to do my B737 recency in Dallas Texas or its environs! Can I do my ATPL at the same time. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

z
PS: I do have a FAA CPL.

con-pilot
16th Nov 2008, 16:13
Try Dalfort Aviation located at DFW, it is the old Braniff Airlines training center. They had 727, 737 and 747 simulators/training available. I say 'had' as it has been ten years since I used them for 727 recurrency. I am unsure of their current status.

MarkerInbound
16th Nov 2008, 16:36
Dalfort has been gone for years. It was renamed Alteon and then Flight Safety took over but the sims were pulled out a couple of years ago.

Higher Power Aviation is just south of DFW airport and has done a lot of 737 type ratings.

NG ExPat
16th Nov 2008, 16:37
You will also need to complete the FAA ATP Written Exam. You will not get an FAA ATP Check without the Certificate stating that you passed the written.

con-pilot
17th Nov 2008, 17:57
Dalfort has been gone for years.

I was afraid of that. It was a great school, the instructors were excellent and really knew the aircraft and their systems.

BelArgUSA
17th Nov 2008, 19:46
Zazoo -
xxx
If it is a "must do it in DFW - DAL or FTW area", visit AA Academy in Euless.
They have 737NG simulators.
They certainly might introduce you to a local FTO that uses their simulators.
Last resort, call PAIFA PanAm Academy, they have training many suitable locations.
The PAIFA phone number is (800) 874 6064 - ask for Matt Tierney.
Yes you can do the FAA ATPL at same time, but need do written.
Will take you 2 or 3 days to study + written test. PAIFA can arrange.
:ok:
Happy contrails

NG ExPat
18th Nov 2008, 00:21
AA will absolutely not let anyone, and I mean anyone who is not an active AA Pilot, or with a company that is contracted to do training with them into the Training Center.

I speak from experience, as I am retired AA, and wanted to use the NG Sim to get current about 2 years ago, and was not allowed to do so. TSA has to approve you and they arent interested in doing that.

I also suggest PAIFA.

Stupidpilot
18th Nov 2008, 02:20
Almost everyone gets their 737 type ratings for SWA from this company:

Higher Power Aviation (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.DsMyJJFTMAsHZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnZlZnRlBHNlYwNzc gRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11bpa57g0/EXP=1227064684/**http%3a//www.jetcrew.com/)

Mullinax
18th Nov 2008, 12:33
I went through Higher Power to get my type rating. Great experience. You will need the FAA ATP written as someone else said. I'm sure Higher Power could hook you up with a two or three day course to get it done. You take the class and then do the test on site via computer. You will definitely pass the test based on the prep you receive.

Higher Power Aviation (http://www.jetcrew.com/)

MarkerInbound
18th Nov 2008, 16:44
Con-pilot,

Some of the Dalfort staff moved to HPA, it's still like a Braniff get together. I think one of their sims even came from Dalfort/FS.