View Full Version : New Cypriot BAe 146 operator

Mister Geezer
15th Nov 2008, 00:06
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a new BAe 146 airline that is due to start up soon in Cyprus?

Any details would be appreciated.

Teddy Robinson
15th Nov 2008, 17:25
My understanding is that they are taking 2 146's.

Mister Geezer
15th Nov 2008, 22:40
Do you have any more details?

OTHELOS
17th Nov 2008, 20:07
Dear Collages,
KEEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ""AIRLINE COMPANY"" HAS LOST IT'S AOC AND COMMERCIAL LICENSE VERY RECENTLY DUE TO FINANCIAL AND OTHER PROBLEMS.
IT WAS TO OPERATE A FOKKER 50 WHICH WAS ALSO GROUNDED BY A COURT ORDER.

500 above
24th Nov 2008, 11:03
Hi guys

Well the only FK50 on the island was operated by Freedom Airways, which many local chaps paid good money (circa 15k) for TR's and received no jobs as promised. 'Management' absconded with bags of cash...apparently.

This was at least a year ago. Is this, per chance, the same operator?

Plenty of Cypriot RJ100 ex Aegean Air F/O's on the island out of work.

Also, not much hope of finding work there as a non Cypriot F/O, they protect there own pretty well - just look at Eurocypria and Cyprus Airways.

Also, with XL going, there are plenty of 73NG guys there according to a mate on the island.

Good luck.

WOD-DET-DVR
24th Nov 2008, 13:36
Is this rumours or news? Would be interested to know who is behind it and what is the status of the Fokker 50 and the AOC.

OTHELOS
29th Nov 2008, 19:21
Dear friends speaking to a Cypriot friend of mine just told me that the Manager Director and Owner of this ''Company'' was arrested today for embezzlement of a million euros from the football team at which he is the president.

So what was said for this Airline Company is true.