PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Here Help?

VFR Transit
14th Nov 2008, 10:07
I have no idea where this is best placed to be, and I am sure if it went in to jet blast then i would just be feeding myself to a pack of wolves :}.

I am looking to get a look around either a Boeing or Airbus as i feel this would help a great deal with my commercial pilots training. However everytime i get a flight deck visit when on the ground i have very little time to ask questions or view, due to a quick turnaround.

I have a clean record and have had a temp airside pass about 1 year ago for STN, so was wondering if anyone here could help arrange a visit to an aircraft in the hanger or parked up somewhere else.

I 100% understand that i am onto a no brainer, but you never know until you try.

Thanks
VFR

cessna24
14th Nov 2008, 15:05
You could try calling some maintenace companys like ATC Lasham at Southend or KLM at Norwich. But if you visit an aircraft in the hangar it will probably be either stipped to nothing or at least something not complete. But if you get the chance, it will be a worthwhile visit. Maybe get your flight college to arrange it and get some others with you. You might stand a better chance. As for getting somewhere like Stansted airside, you might not be so lucky as for security reasons.

Not much help i know but a suggestion

Cessna24