PDA

View Full Version : Four-ship over London

SpringHeeledJack
14th Nov 2008, 07:48
Have any of the eagle-eyed ppruners an idea what the 4 ship was that overflew central London today at 8.30am local time. I looked up in the blue sky and there tracking from NNE to SSW were 4 parallel contrails moving a little bit faster than normal. Now I imagine that it was a military flight, unless Ryanair have started simultaneous take-offs to save on overflight charges :}

They looked (to the naked eye) to be light grey in colour, but we all know about things from a distance not being what they seem :p My guess is probably a transit flight from Lakenheath out to somewhere in the Middle East.

regards

SHJ

Toodle
14th Nov 2008, 13:56
4 x Italian Air Force Typhoons heading home from Conningsby evidently, Saw 4 x vapour trail o/h myself here in Fleet unfortunatly didn't see the aircraft that made them :\

SpringHeeledJack
14th Nov 2008, 16:11
Thanks Toodle!

I can't really guess at their height but they were 'different' in shape and colour than any civvie crafts that pass overhead. It was very impressive as the sky was pretty blue at the time. Would they have enough fuel to reach Italy in one go (with perhaps external tanks ?) or was an aerial or land based refuel necessary ?

Anyhow, it brightened up my morning! Grazie Italia :ok:

regards

SHJ