PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance/Accident Insurance

Rook
14th Nov 2008, 06:18
I know we have 60mo salary life insurance included, but it doesn't seem like much if something really happened to me. Can anyone suggest anything to buy in the way of insurance on top of that? Is anyone buying the accident or critical illness insurance through Rightchoice or has anyone found a better program(s)? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Humber10
14th Nov 2008, 07:29
You're also covered, if you're in the AOA. Otherwise there are several policies out there, depending on where you're from will determine which is best for you.

I have a policy obtained through financial partners in central;

Financial Partners - Home (http://www.financial-partners.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=74)

ask for Kevin McGlynn.

I'm sure there are plenty of other places out there, so shop around, and ask crew you work with. Make sure to have a good read of the policy and make sure you are not paying too much, over insuring yourself.

JoeShmoe
14th Nov 2008, 15:49
Can you please substantiate/prove what you state?

Thanks

Rook
15th Nov 2008, 00:19
Ok thanks guys.

Sleeve_of_Wizard
15th Nov 2008, 01:02
My policy throught the above mentioned Broker gives me around 150k USD until 55 if i can't work as a Pilot. He seems to show more interest in you than others, ( but no matter who you go to, it's still commissions that pay their bills) and has a lot of CX guys as clients.

Good luck to us all, seems Insurance companies don't like paying these days anyway!

LostinAirspace
13th Dec 2008, 05:11
As someone who is in receipt of the Top Cover $2000us a month, i think it's quite reasonable. You have to wait 180 days, send lots of paperwork, which is fair but the payments coincide with going to half pay with Cx which is convenient. Every bit helps and considering what little you have to do to be entitled ie join the aoa, i think you'd be daft not to do it. oh it is valid for 5 years of payments too.