PDA

View Full Version : SIA not renewing 70% Expat Contracts

Pages : 1 [2]

777vs330
8th Dec 2009, 04:43
Parabellum, (http://www.pprune.org/members/91090-parabellum)
According to my mates, don't think you need to worry about that as there's hardly any chance that you may be called back, even after a day after the lapse of your contract. Apparently, if Flight Ops does so, all pay cut and no pay leave implementation with the union is considered void and no longer in effect.

parabellum
8th Dec 2009, 09:46
Thanks 777v330, my question was academic where I am concerned, I was lucky enough to have ten great years on the 744 and retire on a high eight years ago but I simply cannot imagine SIA reinstating departed pilots at their old scales etc. they couldn't miss such an opportunity to lower yet further the terms and conditions, it is in their blood.

faheel
8th Dec 2009, 10:38
I believe 70 plus local guys a year are getting commands and there are not that many retirees per year,you do not have to be good at math to figure out whether expat recruitment wlll ever occur again.
I did a flt recently with a cadet on the js he had finished his ground course in Jan and still no sim.They keep churning out cadets.
Once again figure out the numbers.
Couple that with the the 3 new (relatively) mid east carriers running over SIA routes over the past 3 years and the situation is very very different to what it was 9 or 10 years ago.
You do not need a crystal ball to see whether SIA will need expat pilots again,I would be comfortable laying off bets that they never will again.
Once again I would love to be proven wrong :suspect: