PDA

View Full Version : recall of interessting

flying.fantomas
13th Nov 2008, 08:25
My apologies, the intended thread was :

Visiting another part of the middle of nowhere, and some people i know, i couldn't help thinking :

How do you get about one hundred american pilots to divorce ?

Answer :

You bring them in the company accomodation that is located one bridge away from horny/dumpster/favella/bidonville/what is this/45 minutes away from anything city.
You tell them life is beautifull.
And you wait.
About 1 month for East/West coast girls, and a bit more for the other ones.

Congratulations, Hudini and Copperfield now look like idiots.

And some of us think we have housing issues ( 6000 ? )

sharksucker
13th Nov 2008, 14:04
What is your problem ff?
Divorcerate among pilots is high in general, worldwide.. You cannot blame it on the housingsituation or the middle of nowhere alone...
I know a lot of guys here in the middle east being happily married and, of course this place is different to home, but there is lots to do here..
Try to get a life.. ..or buy yourself a dog for company if it doesn't work out for you with the girls....
If you don't like it here, go back home, nobody forces you to be here..
Cheers
Sharksucker

skyvan
13th Nov 2008, 15:03
Come now sharksucker, recognise the humour.

It may be black humour, but it is humour, and I doubt it is intended to offend or annoy (although it his posts do both quite successfully).

And, as much as you say that if he doesn't like it he must go home, how about, if you don't like what he writes, don't read it. It is a voluntary (for both reader and author) board after all.

flying.fantomas
13th Nov 2008, 16:07
Dear All,

Obviously for what ever reason i am offending people when it was not my intentions...
In my own words i was trying to say that i saw another company accomodations and a few guys are bound for a surprise when they join...
But when somebody writtes about married guys in a funny way...it must be because he is divorcing.
When somebody writtes about life down here, again trying to do it in a different way...He must be a maniac depressive surelly not in command of anything.
When somebody writtes about single guys, it must be because he is unable to get out and have fun, to get a girl, or get laid, or whatever.
So, i am both at the same time ? a dream of a lot of guys i know.
When somebody writtes in a language that is not his own, he is dislexic.
Sorry, its true, english is not my mother tongue.
But then again,since i speak 4 other ones, i am not ashamed of it.
At least i show some interest in other cultures.
Some of you guys are really uneducated and showing agressivity when there is no reason.

i should have written about the scandal of my company changing the color of the toilet paper without asking my authorization.

so long.
You win, it took me one week to be fed up of you.

FlyingCroc
13th Nov 2008, 16:25
Don't give up just because a few frustrated humorless old farts. We need any kind of cheer-up here in the sandpit. :cool:

sharksucker
13th Nov 2008, 16:48
Fantomas, my apologies, read my comment once again and agree, was a bit harsh with my words!
It was not my intention to insult you personally and I am aware of the fact that your post are not reflecting a personal situation of yours and I should have understood that this was satiric fiction.
Still I believe in who doesn't like it here, nobody forces you to stay here..
All medals have two faces, a good and a bad side.. I do miss my homecontinent as well for some reasons, but on the other hand from the careerprospect I am much better off here in the ME. So I try to make the best of it, and you will find out soon that not everything here is crap, that there are quite a few good things as well, you couldn't do at home..
Once again, didn't want to offend you and really feel sorry that I did so.
Now as it was posted I do not want to edit it again.
I offer my apologies and hope I didn't scare you away from pprune.. Yes we do need some funny stuff here as well. So please keep up with your work and let us know about a day in the life of a cabincrew!
Cheers
Sharksucker

skysod
14th Nov 2008, 07:17
FF stay! please don't go!!

What will I do during the long cold (oh alright then mild) wet winter nights here in England with my head full of dreams of living in the Middle of Nowhere?

I need your amusing posts together with the angry responses they produce to pull me through!

Keep posting FF!!:):)