View Full Version : Obsolete Advisory Circular 29-2

Two_Squirrels
12th Nov 2008, 16:06
Does anyone know where I can get, or if anyone has an electronic copy they are willing to send me, of AC-29A, Advisory Circular for the Certifcation of Rotorcraft? I've found ac 29-B on the FAA website, but they don't have older versions than that.

212man
12th Nov 2008, 21:55
Is not the earlier content contained in the latest version (AC29-2C)?

Two_Squirrels
13th Nov 2008, 10:52
Yes, but I am currently looking at an aircraft that was certfified to older versions of FAR 29, and I would like to look at the corresponding AC-29 if posisble. i could probably review AC-29B, and see what changes they made, but it involves a lot of faffing.

No_7DAD
17th Nov 2008, 00:52
There is historical FAR on the RGL.
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet

then step down the appropriate amendment level.

Two_Squirrels
17th Nov 2008, 11:06
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I knoew about this source already thanks. However, it only goes back to AC-29B, and not A. However, I may just be slightly stupid, and I can't find it!

Lutefisk989
27th Nov 2008, 01:55
I understand that AC29-2C contains all the old advisory material, in addition to the later, amended guidance material.

For example, paragraph AC 29.865 would correspond to the original guidance; paragraph AC 29.865A would reflect new/amended guidance that changed with a later amendment to this rule (the amendment level is cited in the AC); and paragraph AC 29.865B would reflect a second change due to an amendment to the rule.

I think the AC is designed to reflect the guidance pertinent to ALL amendment levels, since some aircraft will inevitably carry an old cert basis...