PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Blue - CS Positions CHC/AKL

kiwi_flyer787777
11th Nov 2008, 09:10
Hey all. I have just applied for the CHC/AKL Cabin Supervisor positions with Pacific Blue. Apologies, but my expertise on PB is somewhat limited.

Can anyone tell me the following about Pacific Blue:

Average CS Pay (base+allowances)?
Destinations?
Average O/N from CHC and AKL bases (including ports)?
Average allowances?
Pay differences between PB and VB?
What's PB like to work for?
What's the better base for flying - CHC or AKL? (why)
Basic contract conditions - rest periods/days off/allowances?

Furthermore, I am unfimiliar with the PB recruitment process, can anyone give me a heads up?? (Please don't say I need to sing! lol)

Thanks in advance - see you in the skies soon.

shiny_aviators
25th Nov 2008, 10:34
First of all insider knowledge tells me you can expect to earn aproximately 20 Thousand less at Pacific Blue than you would at Virgin Blue - Taking into account base rates/allowance arrangements/dollar difference AUS2NZ etc.

For example a cabin crew member at Virgin Blue would be earning more than a supervisor at Pacific Blue.

On the bright side PB has some lovely crew, if you work up in Auckland you will be working with a diverse group of crew and will get to overnight in Samoa and Sydney on a regular basis. If you are down in Chch you will end up in Fiji alot, brisbane and sydney. Crew I have "talked" to, have said as Christchurch was the original base, it has the most senior crew and a better environment to work in (+ nicer managers)

conditions are improving now Virgin has ditched Contract Aircrew Services..however conditions are still in vast need of improvemnt.

Wannabe23
26th Nov 2008, 00:12
Does anyone have any info on Pac Blue assesment days?