PDA

View Full Version : Sia Indian Cadets 2008

shuchim
7th Nov 2008, 05:42
HI guys this forum is for all indians who applied for SIA cadet pilot program :ok:and also for those who have earlier applied for this cadet programme..pls put on all your QUESTIONS:confused: ,ANSWERS:yuk: ,VIEWS:zzz: ,EXPERIENCE:{ RELATED TO SIA CADET PROGRAMME.........so that every body who applied this time can make its chances better to get selected in it:D

adnancoolin
7th Nov 2008, 08:54
hi... everyone.....i have also applied to this programme, but have not got any reply from them. just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for there reply. by the way anyone here who knows how much time does it take for the to reply to us. the last date has gone and its a week by now!!!

netfreak
7th Nov 2008, 10:14
They should be calling shortlisted candidates by the 15th Nov. Let's wait and watch.

Avesh
7th Nov 2008, 13:14
I'm praying this thing works out for me...well ..umm...for most of usI'm flying a freaking desk right now................Cheers........Avesh

shuchim
7th Nov 2008, 13:42
avesh r u pilot:confused:

grvailshery
7th Nov 2008, 13:50
hi everyone...hi avesh.... good an exclusive thread for indian cadet pilot.
All tthe best to one n all

ajinkyasawalkar
7th Nov 2008, 17:01
yah no reply as of now..whr did u get to know that they wud intimidate by nov 15??

adnancoolin
7th Nov 2008, 17:46
If its by 15th nov, then wait n watch! By da way anyone here who knows how many cadets are they going 2 select finally, i.e. how many seats do they have for this prog.

Avesh
8th Nov 2008, 13:23
Hi grvailshery
@shuchim
Nop dude...
I dream to fly ...
I am an engineer in a missile firm...

BTW blokes.........In my app, in the Jobs applied section it shows mine as...
No jobs applied......this happened sumwhere around the 1st of nov...
Anybody (except grvail) havin this issue ?

Regards,

Avesh

manjeet2253
9th Nov 2008, 08:44
avesh
did you fill up the application carefully..like not afraid of dark and all that stuff ...coluld be one of the reason..NOT APPLIED FOR ANY JOB...it only means that your application is not aprroved or it has crossed 120 days..just write to the people concerned...hope for the best

Good luck.

Lets hope its not one of those.

Avesh
9th Nov 2008, 10:41
@ ManjeetDunno man...I did take the assessment very seriously and it is only after the 1st of nov that the jobs applied section went bust.The application is left untouched though.Since I applied somewhere in the second week of October, the problem of my application crossing over 120 days does not arise.I wrote to them though, Let's wait and watch.Cheers,Avesh

shuchim
9th Nov 2008, 12:23
avesh good to hear u r engineer too..:E me to aircraft maintenance engineer in india.but the problem u r facing is not with me u just mail on add [email protected] ([email protected]). and see what reply u get....best of luck .

adnancoolin
9th Nov 2008, 14:59
Hi everyone!! Just 2 inform u all, dat i saw a mssg in -"sia cadet pilot, all batches merged" in which someone has posted tha sia has scrapped dis prog, and bla bla.... Jus go n check, i donno wether its true or not!!

ksharad
9th Nov 2008, 15:29
brother that post is dated somewhere in 2005 i guess..so dun worry..

cheers,

ksharad
9th Nov 2008, 15:37
is thea anyone who got any kind of update from SIA for the further process..??
I applied on 21st October...later on completed the additional second assignment too buh the workbench still shows nothing..

red gaint
9th Nov 2008, 15:49
SIA all batches merged thread was running since 2005.......and this is what been posted today....

SIA has scrapped the plans to induct cadets from India anymore .....
DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN...
They are going to induct cpl holders like airlines in India do and impart them
1 yr training instead of 3 .....so good news for cpl holders ....and they are working out a new selection procedure ..more technical oriented selection procedures ... good luck to all

I wish this shouldn't be true.....:ugh:

adnancoolin
10th Nov 2008, 04:05
guys .... i think there is no need to panic......what eva b the result they will reply 2 us.

red gaint
11th Nov 2008, 07:00
I hope this is what you people staring at, day in, day out.........:sad:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=11d8a8d33380b1d2

Oh my gosh! how long to wait....

shuchim
12th Nov 2008, 07:40
:confused:is any reply till now to any one:confused:

adnancoolin
12th Nov 2008, 09:18
nope no reply till now......just wait and watch

metallicwings
13th Nov 2008, 11:58
Hey guys,

Nice to see a forum for "SIA Cadets-India", guys, I need a help, in the "additional information", I have selected that I dont know how to swim, actually I dont, will that anyhow affect my selection. If you think that will actually effect, pls advise if u just think about it or you have any information about it, help me guys!!!

raj40149430
13th Nov 2008, 12:22
Hi Guys
First of all I Apprecaite tht some1 took an Initiative to Open
a new Thread .. Good Job!!

All rite ..
Tell me Guys ,, Is there some1 who's flying or a Pilot or may be belong to
a flying Backgrnd?

thanx wish every1 best In Life:ok:
Happy Landings!

adnancoolin
13th Nov 2008, 18:05
@metallic wings- well yes, if they have askd they surely want there pilots 2 know how 2 swim. Rest, just hope 4 da best

metallicwings
13th Nov 2008, 18:22
I just hope its not the case. I'm not sure if that is a pre-requisite for SIA group but I'm sure, no one in India really asks for swimming, anyways lets hope for the best.

shuchim
15th Nov 2008, 05:16
well swimming is not big thing that u should know to get selected:8if u dont know i think that they will also add swimming in the training part of cadets:}as it is basic part of cabin crew like that they will also teach us to swim.......... and raj i have no flying experience but having A320 maintenance experience and also worked on helicoptors:E....... but pls dont answer yes that u scare from height:= but ya if u scare u should also not opt for pilot training because plane dont fly on ground:ok:.......and well reply will be after 25 nov and only to those who r selected one for interview....:rolleyes:

adnancoolin
15th Nov 2008, 05:33
@schucim: hi there!! how did u know dat its by 25th that they will b replying???

SATC7
15th Nov 2008, 06:06
Hey Guys can anybody tell me more about OBS .....I have tried searching the blogs before but couldnt really find anything meaningful about obs .. thanks in advance

I_Follow_Roads
15th Nov 2008, 06:30
Hey Guys can anybody tell me more about OBS .....I have tried searching the blogs before but couldnt really find anything meaningful about obs .. thanks in advance

Unless I'm mistaken, OBS stands for Outward Bound Singapore. The following websites should be of some help:

Welcome to Outward Bound Singapore (http://www.obs.pa.gov.sg/)

Outward Bound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outward_bound)

hitmanishere
15th Nov 2008, 08:30
Hey Guys can anybody tell me more about OBS

:8OBS= Omni bearing selector...

bad_attitude
15th Nov 2008, 08:44
this is too funny! outward bound singapore!!! :ok::D

metallicwings
15th Nov 2008, 09:23
@shuchim,

hey buddy u did not say how did you come to know that they will be replying to selected candidates after 25th Nov, I mean how did you get to know the date, do u know anyone in there?

And ya actually it was quite funny "Outward bound singapore"!!!

on_the_right
16th Nov 2008, 01:41
OBS = Outward Bound School

shuchim
16th Nov 2008, 05:14
as i am related to aviation:} and in few jobs i and my friend applied to sia and only those person :(got reply who r eligible for interview and rest even dont get reply that u r not selected .and ya few of my engineers friends r in sia and from there i got to know that reply will be after 25 and they may also cancel this scheme because we r expats/non singaporiens for them and there r lots from there countries who r eligible to be pilot (but not so sure about it):rolleyes:...well we can just hope for best ..:ok:

shuchim
16th Nov 2008, 05:19
obs is there minimum qualifing education it is equel to 10+2 and like we have % of marks they have grade like 1 2 3 4 5.thats it champs dont think to much give rest to your brain:ugh:

shuchim
18th Nov 2008, 12:28
well guys any new news regarding sia cadetship:sad::sad::sad::confused::confused::confused:

adnancoolin
18th Nov 2008, 21:30
Nope no news till now. btw how long does da whole selection process take place? And when will da course start?

charmis
21st Nov 2008, 03:14
Hey heard that a guy from Goa got a call...interview on 6th december in Mumbai...ne1 else u guys know of got a call??....wondering if what i heard was true??!!:\

Mike_Kilo_Sierra
21st Nov 2008, 04:31
Yeah calls have started coming in. A friend of mine has received a call for 4th December. I am still awaiting a response.

777gnieob
21st Nov 2008, 05:10
Did they get notified by a phone call or email? Just curious and impatient !

shuchim
21st Nov 2008, 05:40
r u sure guys they recieve a call..they r not making a fool? and r they having prior flying experience?

Psnake
21st Nov 2008, 10:47
i got nothing... !! fingers XX !!!!!:uhoh::uhoh:

shuchim
21st Nov 2008, 13:43
kunal u having prior flying experience?

gurpreetnijjer
21st Nov 2008, 13:58
Hello friends
those of you getting call for the SIA interview (congratulations!)..do you mind mentioning your qualifications/achievments or something special about yourself which you think contributed to your selection(including flying experience)...so that the ones who won't get a call can personally compare and try next time-------because its sad that they are not going to give the reason for rejection of the application.

SATC7
21st Nov 2008, 15:58
Congratulations Kunal ...best of luck :ok:.....n one of the very obvious suggestions but might help ...... your interview is going to be based on what you have mentioned in your resume and obviously typical Qs like why do you wanna be a pilot n all ....
And did anyones job application states that your application has been rejected????

adnancoolin
21st Nov 2008, 16:14
Hi kunal!! Congrats on ur call. For prep check previous threads or go to airline portal forum. ull find a lot of info. Btw where did u choose ur centre? And do u have any prior flying experience? Coz im waiting 4 it 2. I think they wont start selection process at once on all 4 diff cities. Its gonna go one by one.

jet_air
21st Nov 2008, 17:37
All u aspiring Cadets just to give a heads up..
The Calls are being given as per your choice of city selection..
Started off with BOM and DEL could be next..& MAA is supposedly the last.

Keep your fingers crossed.

charmis
22nd Nov 2008, 03:37
:(..no calls yet...HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE :ugh: ??????

badalchetan
22nd Nov 2008, 06:12
hey did anyone of you got a call/ email regarding the interview of sia ???& one more querry that i've only 10+2 as my educational qualification.will that affect my selection in anyways?:confused:

red gaint
22nd Nov 2008, 06:56
@ badalchatan

as far as i heard from a SIA source, canditates are shortlisted based on their maths & physics grades in 10+2.......dunno how correct this info is ......

congrats to those got call!

fingers crossed....

SATC7
22nd Nov 2008, 07:55
Maths & Physics :{....really ?:ugh:
Damn .....
Anyways ...so how much you all think one should have to get a call ..

metallicwings
22nd Nov 2008, 08:18
I really dont think it shall be based on the 10+2 marks in Physics and Mathematics because it does not come under the mandatory information required.
It would be a great gesture from the cadets who got a call for the interview to disclose thier qualifications as already requested by the other aspiring cadets earlier. Any Idea when applicants from Bangalore will get a call. Cadets who have got the calls for interview, many many congratulations to you all, by the way, what is the status being displayed on your online career portal now?

red gaint
22nd Nov 2008, 09:07
@mettalic wings

Hey! am not telling it on gesture.....as i said i dunno how correct this info is....this is what i been told, by my chief ground instructor who have a friend in SIA....and mat & phy marks may be expected above 80%......anybody who have got the call correct me if am wrong....

still my status shows job application under job submittal history, what about others?..... I applied for delhi interview....

RG

adnancoolin
22nd Nov 2008, 09:10
thats great!!! I wonder, when they would start the delhi interview??? waiting for that and ofcourse my call. btw if u r good in phy and maths and have got good grades u r expected a call, but if anyone has done bachelors degree in engineering or currently undergoing or if he is a grduate from a science field then he is given more prefernce than u. :cool:

Left Wing
22nd Nov 2008, 09:26
Airline Pilot Asia - Ask Captain Lim (Mirror Site) (http://www.airlinepilot.asia/)

Flydamnit Forum - Learn to fly - Index (http://forum.flydamnit.com/index.php)

I_Follow_Roads
22nd Nov 2008, 09:44
Has anyone whose application 'disappeared' received a call?:sad:

hitmanishere
22nd Nov 2008, 12:40
:}Hey guys just relax... All of you will get your answers in about a week or so.. If you had the patience to wait for over a month,cant you wait another couple of days???

Regards:ok:

charmis
22nd Nov 2008, 13:29
If being a BE is an added advantage..y hvnt they given me a call???...this is hideous!!!....This wait is like day and nite!!!!...I wonder if i should wait nemore:rolleyes:.

chancitin
22nd Nov 2008, 14:29
ne 1 applied 4 chennai?ma status is still "job application"...

metallicwings
22nd Nov 2008, 16:29
@red_giant,

I did not say that you said it on gesture, I said that it would be a gesture for those who have got a call for the interview to disclose their qualifications which I'm still awaiting. Can anyone who has got their interview calls say something about their qualifications please?

SATC7
22nd Nov 2008, 17:39
did you apply for Cadet Pilot (Mumbai)???

777gnieob
22nd Nov 2008, 19:15
'btw if u r good in phy and maths and have got good grades u r expected a call, but if anyone has done bachelors degree in engineering or currently undergoing or if he is a grduate from a science field then he is given more prefernce than u. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/cool.gif'
'If being a BE is an added advantage..y hvnt they given me a call???...this is hideous!!!....This wait is like day and nite!!!!...I wonder if i should wait nemore:rolleyes:. '

Dont know buddy, my 10+2 maths and physics is not too flash, I have a BE Degree but no call.

'It would be a great gesture from the cadets who got a call for the interview to disclose thier qualifications as already requested by the other aspiring cadets earlier. Any Idea when applicants from Bangalore will get a call. Cadets who have got the calls for interview, many many congratulations to you all, by the way, what is the status being displayed on your online career portal now?'
It would be really kind of guys who got a call to give their general qual and 10+2 so that we know what they r looking for and can better prepare next time.

Thanks.

adnancoolin
22nd Nov 2008, 19:59
Yup dats rite. Those got a call plz say ur qualftn!! I don know when they r going 2 start delhi interview.

charmis
23rd Nov 2008, 04:18
@SATC7
Yep Cadet Pilots (Mumbai)...thats the one i applied to.

I cant help but wonder if it was the grades that i messed up in, 'coz here v do not have the grading system.
It would be really nice of those who got called for the interview to post their qualification and other relevant details which may be helpful for other candidates for future reference.

SATC7
23rd Nov 2008, 05:34
So does your status show Job Application ?

I_Follow_Roads
23rd Nov 2008, 06:06
Kunal, check the following threads:

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/185397-sia-cadet-pilot-all-batches-merged.html

Airline Pilot :: View topic - Interviewing process of the SIA cadet pilot program. (http://airlinespilot.com/viewtopic.php?t=2)

777gnieob
23rd Nov 2008, 07:13
Kunalpilot, adnancoolin did try to help you!

adnancoolin
Hi kunal!! Congrats on ur call. For prep check previous threads or go to airline portal forum. ull find a lot of info.

Here you go again.

try www.airlinespilot.com (http://www.airlinespilot.com), this is a really good site, specifically for SIA recruitment process. Thanks to Captain Lim, he has done a great job.

Now would you bother to let us know your quals(deg) and 10+2??

Thanks.

Left Wing
23rd Nov 2008, 07:17
see the links i have posted...ready up history of SIA...learn about the SIA current management...FLYING THE BIG JETS is the bible of all airline interviews.

777gnieob
23rd Nov 2008, 07:18
I follow roads
Has anyone whose application 'disappeared' received a call?http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif

Hi,
My application disappeared and I had Mumbai as my centre. Looks like they have done Mumbai applications, no call for me :ouch:

I_Follow_Roads
23rd Nov 2008, 08:04
777gnieob: I had Bombay down as my centre too. Like you, I also have a B.E. :confused:. Hopefully they haven't finished calling people for Bombay interviews :(

metallicwings
23rd Nov 2008, 10:54
@kunalpilot,

Hey buddy, why dont you post in your qualifications, it would be a great help for others and may be someone who is benefitted from you can help you out with your interview on 6th. Anyways, I wish you all the best for your interview!!!

adnancoolin
23rd Nov 2008, 11:07
Hey kunal! I send u all da details of interview thru PM. Hope u got it. Check ur reddiff mail!

shuchim
24th Nov 2008, 05:37
ok so its definate that till now only mumbai applicant got calls:D...if there any one from delhi or other 2 cities then pls let us all know so that we can see where to where SIA taking interview at moment....and on call they only tell u date of interview or also ask few questions:confused:

danny929
24th Nov 2008, 05:47
Hi everyone,

I am from mumbai and I have an aeronautical degree but still didnt get a call.
So what qualification do they require ?

And good luck to those who got a call.

danny

I_Follow_Roads
24th Nov 2008, 07:31
Apparently they haven't finished shortlisting candidates for Bombay. For those of us who haven't yet received a call, it might be a long wait. Still, you've got to be in it to win it and we're still in it :ok:

Good luck to everyone going to the interviews next week.

EAPENJJ
25th Nov 2008, 03:37
Congrats to all the Bombay Cadets who got calls for an interview. This is indeed reassuring considering some previous posts about SIA cancelling the cadet program for India.

Bangalore Cadets - If you get called for an interview, please let us all know.

I'm sure the airline is looking for people with little or NO flying experience. The reason being they want to train you from scratch they way they want to train you. They don't want you bringing in your own ideas from past flying schools etc.

Preparation would be to know what the airline is all about, why you want to fly and of course any knowledge you have about aviation, aircraft and the general principles of flight. If you have MS flight sim experience or any flying experience this would be your chance to showcase this.

Good luck to everyone. From what I have read, cadets in Singapore are those individuals chosen with some work experience, as well. Not sure if this applies to Indians.

John

adnancoolin
25th Nov 2008, 04:39
hi everyone!!! just to inform u all, i think the last center for interview will be delhi, coz they'll be finishing of the south ones first and then move to north, so i think it would go like - mumbai - banglaore - chennai -delhi!! take care!!! and plz yes--- for tose who get called say ur centre so we may know where they are headed too. cheers....safe landing :ok:

adnancoolin
25th Nov 2008, 05:35
hi there!! did u recv any email from them??

adnancoolin
28th Nov 2008, 06:37
Hi all!! The mumbai centre guys- have u got any mail 4m them abt wether they r taking interview on dat same date or is it changed??

hitmanishere
28th Nov 2008, 09:05
They have postponed the interviews. it will be conducted until further notice...i received an email from them this morning

Yep! I got that too... Probably the recruitment team is too scared to come down to india for now atleast...:} Damn,terrorists!!!

adnancoolin
28th Nov 2008, 14:49
Allrite! So then da interviews will b like at the end of december? Huh!! More waiting.....damn

southernmtn
28th Nov 2008, 15:10
It's not just the recruitment team being chicken, nor the terrorists in India, that is the cause. If you were to put the blame on economists, perhaps you can be forgiven; because most of the world is in a recession, and SIA has stopped recruitment.

You boys sound like you are living under a coconut shell, and are clueless as to what is happening in the world around you. Wake up, if you are hoping to be in a major airline flying all over the world.

metallicwings
28th Nov 2008, 15:13
Hey Guys,

Do you all think that they would start their interviews with other bases and then arrive Mumbai after all these have settled down? If you have noticed the online portal where we login from, the recent positions appear above and now only "Cadet Pilot(Bangalore)" appears although even yesterday all the bases were seen, do u think that has got any significance?

metallicwings
28th Nov 2008, 15:22
@southernmtn,

And how did you come to know that SIA have stopped recruiting anymore? Are you just guessing it due to the prevailing economic conditions?

metallicwings
28th Nov 2008, 15:38
@adnancoolin,

Hey buddy I just sent you a PM, did you receive it?

adnancoolin
28th Nov 2008, 19:58
Hi buddy! Replied ur mail. Check ur PM

southernmtn
29th Nov 2008, 04:55
And how did you come to know that SIA have stopped recruiting anymore? Are you just guessing it due to the prevailing economic conditions?

Fact + rumours + deduction

And how did you come to know that SIA have stopped recruiting anymore?:=
The above would be better written as, "And how did you come to know that SIA has stopped recruiting?"
It can also be written as, "And how did you come to know that SIA is not recruiting anymore?"

I_Follow_Roads
29th Nov 2008, 06:56
southernmtn: You're forgetting the fact that people who are accepted into this cadet program will only make it to the RHS in 2.5-3.5 years, depending on experience. I doubt they would cancel a long-running program such as this on the back of a temporary downturn in the economy. Moreover, their quarterly report (which showed a decline in profit and load factors) was released in early November, so why would they postpone the interviews now? From the facts at hand and my powers of deduction :cool:, I would say it's more than likely a response to the terror attacks.

Anand_Chennai
29th Nov 2008, 06:57
Hey Hi...

Is there anyone who has got call from chennai... And could anyone let me know why chennai was been removed from the HOT JOBS List in the website.

Thanks

adnancoolin
29th Nov 2008, 09:13
Donno y the chennai centre has been removed btw even the new delhi centre is not there, which was till day b4 yesterday. Currently showing only banglore centre. Lets c!!

I_Follow_Roads
29th Nov 2008, 09:17
Click on "View all" and all the hot jobs are displayed.

Psnake
29th Nov 2008, 09:38
exactly !! Click on "view all" ... all locations are still displayed..

Apply some common sense before you start whining on public forums!! :ugh:

Anand_Chennai
30th Nov 2008, 10:35
Oh really... Neways I was asking the ones who know and not the one who pretend to know:= I am damn sure you to didn know about that lolz.. Neways thanks I_FOllow_Roads

Forums are meant to share and know informations what ever it may be.. so don't try to be over smart..
Cheers Psnake..

Thanks

Psnake
30th Nov 2008, 12:37
u live in your own world..!!! assume whateva u want to.. I DONT CARE..:}

I was not trying to be oversmart... and it was just common sense... not even worth writing a post which I am write now.. if u can't even figure that out .. Best Of Luck !! brother :ok:

cheers

ngirish1986
30th Nov 2008, 15:05
Hey guys!! I have an appointment scheduled for the 5th of Dec 08.but i havent got any email regarding any cancellation or delay! Any mumbai cadets out here,could you confirm the news?

ngirish1986
30th Nov 2008, 15:07
Best wishes to all selected guys/girls!!

prachat
1st Dec 2008, 02:14
go to view all
all the centre are here
its just the case that it display onl five at a time
so better to apply some common sense before posting
as you are going to be a pilot
the most sensitive job
:ok:

aviationdebrousse
1st Dec 2008, 15:09
hi...jst checking if anyone who has applied from bangalore has got a call as yet...all the best to the guys who have their interviews coming up.

bombayhues
1st Dec 2008, 15:51
hey giirish ... I too had an interview on the 5th of Dec but I got an email saying that the interview had been postponed indefinitely ... I know I am not the only one to get that email since a friend of mine got the same mail ...

grvailshery
1st Dec 2008, 16:41
@aviationdebrousse (http://www.pprune.org/members/181549-aviationdebrousse)

No calls for Bangalore yet.Eagerly waiting. Hope calls begin by this month. Good Luck:ok: n join you too in the wait.

Regards,
Romell

ngirish1986
2nd Dec 2008, 01:08
Hey thanks for replying bombayhues!! I guess we have some more time to prepare!! :ok:

ngirish1986
2nd Dec 2008, 01:16
but the workbench indicates a " confirm" status!! plz help.

ngirish1986
2nd Dec 2008, 01:18
hey aviatuer i didnt receive ur pm,plz try sending again!! thanks!

bombayhues
2nd Dec 2008, 04:13
I think they have not bothered to change anything online hence the "confirmed" doesn't mean anything now ...

Girish, I hope we do get an interview date ... from the sound of it I felt that we might have to wait for a long time to get another date ...

Aviateur85, prep was going good till I got the email ... so as now put all of it on the back burner ... will take it up once again a lil later :)

metallicwings
2nd Dec 2008, 07:58
Hey guys,

Viewing the hot list of the jobs(even on "view all"), yeilded nothing about the cadet pilot(India) and moreover my status have been removed and it now shows that I have not applied for any job, can anyone help, plssssss!!!:rolleyes:

hitmanishere
2nd Dec 2008, 08:15
What part of "interviews have been postponed indefinitely" dont you understand?:}
I'd say, just forget it for the time being and carry on with your life...

Goodluck:ok:

Psnake
2nd Dec 2008, 09:09
even my application is removed.. and yes all the job links are also gone :\

I'd say, just forget it for the time being and carry on with your life...

completely agree !!

prachat
2nd Dec 2008, 10:14
hey hi to all,
today only they have removed the application status from my workbench and now it shows " no job applied"
can anyone help me out in this case
thanking you in anticipation

shuchim
2nd Dec 2008, 10:30
i am also having same condition as prachit. but i was already knowing about it as i told everyone of u in my earlier post that sia my stop recruitment because it already having lot of cadets with it to train.

grvailshery
2nd Dec 2008, 11:44
:eek: My application has disappeared too...Hope this a glitch in the portal. Well, keepin my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I speculated that the terror attacks are to be blamed :*. Probably a security measure in abstaining from coming to India. Could also be the same as shaucim had warned :(. Stay positive guys, its not the end of the world but a bump on the way. :ouch:
Good luck n join in the wait :confused:
Romell

cockpitviper
2nd Dec 2008, 14:53
Oh my gosh! my application too disappeared today.....It shows no jobs applied. :ugh:

Bye Bye SIA........

aviationdebrousse
2nd Dec 2008, 16:00
Thanks Romell...wish u d same as well. Seems like everyone is having the same issue...Job Title under workbench says "You have not applied for any positions".

ngirish1986
2nd Dec 2008, 16:26
:eek:
hey!!!! everything including interview& application has disappeared!!
what a huge disappointment!! i went and bought myself a brand new business suit just yesterday for the interview and this happens
:{

adnancoolin
2nd Dec 2008, 17:27
Yup! My appln is gone 2. Donno wats da prob. Lets c, now jus wait 4 their mail in ur inbox. If n if it comes. Damn it!!

Anand_Chennai
2nd Dec 2008, 17:51
:sad: My application also has got disappeared.. I hope they will at least send us an email regarding these issues.

red gaint
3rd Dec 2008, 10:00
Don't need to panic people :=.......My application too was disappeared yesterday........But now the workbench has reverted to normal.......It might be a technical glitch......

Let's keep our hopes high.....

Good luck:D

aditya340
3rd Dec 2008, 10:50
Hey guys,

I had a similar experience....yesterday, my app disappeared....and it said no jobs have been applied for....and today, its back to normal...i can see my app again.

Interesting! I applied for the B'lore centre...hope there's some response soon!!

~A.

grvailshery
3rd Dec 2008, 13:31
hi guys,
Its back for me too....Technical glitch it was.
All the best co-aspirants.

vayuputra
4th Dec 2008, 06:00
g'day all,
Anyone from Chennai, Delhi or Banglore have got a call so far?

adnancoolin
4th Dec 2008, 11:43
Dats nice 2 hear 4m all of u, dat your appln is bak on da sia website. Now, i hope dat they will be starting calling the individuals by da end of dec or so. Lets c!

antigravity61
4th Dec 2008, 15:09
its nice to hear that the ppl are getting calls for the interview in mumbai, it gives us hope to the applicants for the rest of the centers.
Does anyone have a slight idea about how many applicants will be selected by SIA from India.
My status says " Job application " still. Please do let us know if any call comes for Delhi applicants.
Thanks, btw nice thread.

metallicwings
4th Dec 2008, 17:56
gosh, its gone again, "the application", i hope its the same technical problem and resumes back soon as before!!!:confused:

adnancoolin
4th Dec 2008, 18:08
Yup, it will b bak, check it tomorow. Its a technical prob. Btw whats ur centre, where have u applied to?

Anand_Chennai
4th Dec 2008, 19:23
i don't think they have started calling chennai... no news frm south..

metallicwings
4th Dec 2008, 20:38
I have applied for Bangalore!!!

chancitin
5th Dec 2008, 08:24
i applied 4 chennai...ma application got disappeared on dec 2nd....but wen i checked 2day it again says"job application"

captain_jim
5th Dec 2008, 15:56
All i know is even cadets in their final phase of training are getting chopped , SIA has stopped trainee recruitment as of now , Cargo is in loss , 22 captains and 36 first officers are in surplus , So be afraid people be very afraid

Hakeem
8th Dec 2008, 14:09
Hey guys today i received a message from them pointing out that the Indian interviews are postponed due to some unforeseen circumstance.
They said that they will let us know after the app. have got short listed.
Any one got the similar mail.

adnancoolin
8th Dec 2008, 17:35
nope ... no reply from them, till now!!!!!!! lets c!!

Hakeem
8th Dec 2008, 19:51
Hey guys hope for the reply soon.......
Don't get depressed hope will get the reply soon.......

Anand_Chennai
11th Dec 2008, 11:30
I was wondering why chennai was not been called, so you are the first from chennai i guess.. Did you get a call ? or an email stating about the delay and those stuffs?

Can you let me know about those details?

Thanks
Anand.

grvailshery
13th Dec 2008, 10:14
Dear co-applicants,
I came across this news report on Aviation Week website.

"Singapore Air: Blue sky, black ink
While others cut routes, services and aircraft, Singapore Airlines expands and profits, leading AW&ST's list of top performing major carriers with a young 100+ fleet including the A380s."

So I guess the real reason for their delay in Indian Cadet pilot program interviews had to be the recent attacks in India....ironically, the Mumbai office is located at Taj Mahal Palace hotel,the very same to be attacked.

So its only a matter of time and patience. Cheers to all of you and best of luck :ok:

Hakeem
13th Dec 2008, 11:13
Thanks man........
I've got it from mail man........
Hope every one of us will get it soon........
I pray god for :ok:our success.......
Thank u for your greetings man.......

Anand_Chennai
14th Dec 2008, 09:04
:)sounds good... and let's hope for the best..

grvailshery
14th Dec 2008, 11:31
Hello again co-aspirants,

One more article related to SIA's training policy.........

" Continuous Training. Training is not a "one time affair." SIA understands that daily customer contact can be draining, and that customer expectations are on the rise. To meet this challenge, four training centers within the company (Cabin Crew, Flight Operations, Commercial and Management Development) offer a wide range of inspiring and demanding educational programs. Whether in the classroom, on the job, or through full scale simulations, SIA staff members are continually motivated to upgrade and improve their performance.
Training is not just conducted during robust economic times. Even during the downturns, SIA's investment in training goes on. This gives the airline a two-fold advantage. First, it allows SIA to surge ahead in service quality when other carriers may be cutting back. Second, it demonstrates to all staff that continuous learning and improvement are essential principles for success, not just "nice to have" additions"

Referred from[ http://www.trainersdirect.com/resources/articles/BusinessManagement/HowDoesSingaporeAirlinesFlySoHigh.htm] (http://www.trainersdirect.com/resources/articles/BusinessManagement/HowDoesSingaporeAirlinesFlySoHigh.htm%5D)

So, cheer up !!!:O!!! Keep the forum alive and discuss about the interviews scenarios. Lots can be learnt by sharing info....

All the best co-aspirants

Hakeem
16th Dec 2008, 14:13
I would like to ask you guys to keep this forum update no one is sharing their thoughts for past one week except grvailshery and anand.....
Please make on ur comments regardng........
So that new viewers can make use of it and even us........
Wishing this forum "Long Life" till SIA Interview.........
Thanks guys.....

grvailshery
16th Dec 2008, 14:55
Greetings co-aspirants...
Thanks Hakeem for making an effort...
Well, In case SIA cancels interviews all the candidates (atleast the contributors of this forum) should forward a petition for giving us a chance. We should stand by our rights of atleast an interview... Its sad that such a golden oppurtunity is shattered by these heartless terrorist. In a way, even we are victims. :{
Has anyone attended SIA's interview before? From the previous threads its obvious that this is not the first Cadet Pilot program for Indian nationals. I request the previous cantidates to please throw some light on this matter... If one gets through the 1st round, do we have to attend the 2nd round in India os Singapore? :confused:

Kindly reply if anyone has even the slightest idea....thanks in advance....

Hakeem
16th Dec 2008, 17:21
Hey buddy i don't think so that they will cancel the interview just for this reason alone........
Cheer up man........
Hope for the best......
Let us Cross the fingure hopefully.....

adnancoolin
16th Dec 2008, 18:57
Hi all!! Well as per the old threads n from previous year experience, i think the second round interview will b in singapore, but donno its detail. Secondly, i think that they would start calling the candidates by jan or so, coz dec is almost over n then u have christmas n new year. Thats all folks, eagerly waiting for there call :) happy landing.

sq111
17th Dec 2008, 00:41
Greetings co-aspirants...
Thanks Hakeem for making an effort...
Well, In case SIA cancels interviews all the candidates (atleast the contributors of this forum) should forward a petition for giving us a chance. We should stand by our rights of atleast an interview... Its sad that such a golden oppurtunity is shattered by these heartless terrorist. In a way, even we are victims.
Has anyone attended SIA's interview before? From the previous threads its obvious that this is not the first Cadet Pilot program for Indian nationals. I request the previous cantidates to please throw some light on this matter... If one gets through the 1st round, do we have to attend the 2nd round in India os Singapore?

Kindly reply if anyone has even the slightest idea....thanks in advance....

Oh please, petition? SIA do not owe u a job! They have every right to cancel the interviews and so what u inititate a petition? DOnt forget, this is not an ordinary job, SIA has to cough out huge amount of $$$ to train cadets, even if u stand by your rights for at least an interview, so what?

grvailshery
17th Dec 2008, 03:15
Thank you for the advice...I agree with you on SIA not owing us a job, therefore I suggested a petition..which is a form of request...Since the advt was published on the National newspaper I am sure its a worry for aspirants all over India.

As you know, the cause of the delay was due to an unprecedented terror attack and not the direct fault of any candidate. This makes it all the more frustrating at the loss of an excellent opportunity.

Thank you again sq111...It would be really helpful if you also advice on the current situation of the interviews. Will the norms be stricter for Indian cadets? Has the Singapore govt lifted the Travel restrictions to India?

sq111
17th Dec 2008, 04:57
I am not the interviewer so I cant comment.

But as an aviator, in no ways should Indian cadets be subjected to anything more stringent compared to Singaporeans. Be it technical skills or aptitude.

But of course Indian cadets will have to relocate to Singapore in the long run and that will be an important factor to consider.

Its an aviation bad patch now, I dunno whether recruitments for cadets are put on hold, but whether it is due to terror attack or downturn, there is nothing u can do about it, so instead of speculating, I suggest just keep waiting.

grvailshery
17th Dec 2008, 05:27
Thanks a million sq111.. Do any of you have a sample of the pilots aptitude test? I am referring to the simulation tests like spatial recognition or something.

sq111
17th Dec 2008, 05:32
dun have any sample. Its those kind of things where u cant prepare, either u have it or u dun. No point asking around for it, most of us flying did the test without preparation.

If u dun have the aptitude, no amount of preparation can help. things like physcomotor skills are inborn, not taught!

grvailshery
17th Dec 2008, 06:07
okie.. does ETOPS apply to the older aircrafts as well?

Hakeem
18th Dec 2008, 14:12
Thanks man.....
But it is my duty to do so.........
Its being bit happy too seeing you guys submitting your thoughts........
Good being.....
Safe landings........

R777
18th Dec 2008, 15:17
Hi all,after going through the experience earlier in 1996, i would be delighted to answer all your querries.

Hakeem
19th Dec 2008, 12:51
hi,
Thanks for ur inerest in this forum........
Thanks.........

niranjan85
19th Dec 2008, 16:39
Hi all

Has anyone with a CPL from India or elsewhere attended the SIA interview last year?
If you could just share your experience it would be a great help. Thanks.

EAPENJJ
19th Dec 2008, 18:29
Guys thanks for sharing all the info.

As far as I have read from the thread, a few people in Mumbai and even Chennai got interview slots (which due to the Mumbai incidents) which have been postponed.

Has anyone from Bangalore been called yet?

If anyone from Bangalore has been notified, please do share. I think all of us from Bangalore want to know.

Thanks and let's hope the recession and the terror attacks don't stop SIA from hiring from India.

Hakeem
20th Dec 2008, 10:02
Dude no one from chni or banglore got the interview dates where as thy hav informed about the delay thats it.....
Even i'm 1 among them to get it.......
So don't get confused........
Cheers........
Safe landings:ok:

prachat
22nd Dec 2008, 02:21
hi hakim
if you dont mind then can you fwd me the mail what SIA people has send you
as till now i have not got any mail reg postpost .or you can say no communication from them reg any issue
thank

Hakeem
23rd Dec 2008, 09:40
I'm sorry dude i deleted it and its even nothing just mentioning that due to some reason, They've postponed it. I'm sorry again........
Safe Landings...

shuchim
25th Dec 2008, 13:39
hi guys merry cristmas

cad123
25th Dec 2008, 17:06
Hi guys .... didn't anyone get a response yet frm SIA regardin interview dates in Chennai?????

grvailshery
26th Dec 2008, 14:45
hi co-aspirants,
Firstly, SEASON'S GREETINGS to one n all.....

My workbench say's not applied for any jobs again. This is thrice in two months. Are any of you facing the same problem???:ugh:

dragstar
26th Dec 2008, 18:14
even my workbench is clean, completely wiped out. Says not applied for any positions.

Pardes
26th Dec 2008, 19:34
Great... just what SIA needs, more 250 hour hero's.

cad123
27th Dec 2008, 04:40
Hi AVIATEUR85....when did u receive this mail frm them ??? i was one among u all who was eagerly waitin 4 their call.......:ugh:...really frustratin ......

Hakeem
27th Dec 2008, 12:11
Guys same prob. even my app has been washed out. I think they stopped the recruitment. But i didn't get any mail at all. Aviateur85 may i know to whom you mailed to?:{

adnancoolin
28th Dec 2008, 06:27
finally now its confirmed .......... := "no more SIA". my application has gone too..... sheh!! all rite guys.... go on for your private flight training.....:)......dats the only option left....cheers:ok:

Avesh
28th Dec 2008, 18:32
Guys ...
I may sound a bit of a pessimist here..
But..
Looking back at the history,

In 2005 (I guess..) SIA, came to India to pick up some cadet pilots, But people were left in a lurch after some assessments and letters......
And it seems that this time too SIA has dishonoured its commitment....

I think its time for plan B ....

What do you guys think ?

Regards,

Avesh

prachat
29th Dec 2008, 02:27
Hi all
:confused:
my workbench also shows the same that you have not applied for any job
lets hope for the best as it may be due to some problem as last month
can any body let me know that to whom we have to mail regarding this
thanks

hitmanishere
29th Dec 2008, 12:26
can any body let me know that to whom we have to mail regarding this

Try [email protected] !!:}

Avesh
29th Dec 2008, 12:39
LOLzzzzzzzz
:}

EAPENJJ
31st Dec 2008, 04:59
Guys,

I got an email from Edward Tan in recruitment informing me that hiring has been scrapped and interviews are not happening. Same email that aviateur shared above.

I'm pursuing my ppl/cpl now myself - SIA let us all down.
Let's go get our licences and work for an airline that keeps its promises.

Good luck to all

John

ajinkyasawalkar
31st Dec 2008, 05:08
hi people,

Its pretty sad as it is true that SIA has got their required manpower, i too got a mail from them stating the same.

Well all the best people!

aditya340
31st Dec 2008, 08:41
did everyone here get emails from Mr.Edward Tan??

superliner
31st Dec 2008, 08:59
So, it eventually comes to an end. After so many months (three, right?) of hoping and praying.... the bubble has finally burst. I got that email as well. Anyways, this marks the end of this year. Everybody, brace yourself, 'cuz the coming new year has to be great. We'll see the industry pick up once again!! (That's my new year wish to everyone.... have a great year ahead!) :ok:

Superliner.

ngirish1986
31st Dec 2008, 10:50
Guys, I have received the email from SIA regarding the cancellation.Its the same email which has been received by Aviateur85. So I guess this time ,its an end for the SIA story, for year 2008 ,for me. Dont fret, Hopefully they might come again next year to undo what has been done.

Avesh
31st Dec 2008, 11:26
I got that mail today...
I wish Air India had something like this....

Hows the Indigo cadet pilot program ?
Anyones got any info on that ?

Regards,

Avesh

sq111
1st Jan 2009, 02:47
Did SIA promise u a job? Did SIA promise u an interview?

SIA did not promise u all anything!!! And say SIA let u down? In what ways does SIA let u down? by not offering u an interview? In what ways do you think SIA owes u anything? bear in mind that SIA is not Indian owned and in no way owes u a living!

Lets face it, the fact that SIA does go to India to recruit cadets is they can't find enough Singaporeans or Malaysians to fly for them. Now that its a downturn that affects everybody, not just Indian cadets are affected, even Singaporeans and Malaysians are! This is a Singapore national airline, and like any other airlines in Asia, preferences for cadetship will always be for their own nationals.

I am so glad that I know I wont be flying with you, by blaming SIA for not keeping their promise which they didnt promise in the first place!

ULH Extreme
1st Jan 2009, 06:47
Your coming over as the nasty Singaporean. Take it easy on these guys, their young and keen and very disapointed by the downturn, arn't we all. It's very easy to see from their posts that most don't have a clue what's going on in the world right now.
When did you join SIA as a pilot? back in 03 you were an outsider, now you talk to wannabe's as if your an old pro. Doubt it.
With your last post, I don't really want you in my cockpit either.

sq111
1st Jan 2009, 08:27
I am not a Nasty person. But they way the wannabes are talking here, dont you think its like thinking SIA owes them a living?

I wont go into any arguments with you, everyone can see for themselves how these wannabes post. See also the respone to Avesh in the SIA Cadet thread

Hakeem
1st Jan 2009, 10:02
Hey man,
I don't know how'll you pursive in your profession.
Your words are not like a pilot where as a person living in the ditch.
Don't even think and try to blame Indians any more.
Stop thinking in that way,
Once they announced for the programms, people will be having hope for the interview.
Why did SIA informed for the program without thinking of manpoewr.
Do you know one thing even when SIA announced for this programme by the time itself downturn was there.
So please try to mind ur self.
Don't try to blame others for ur fault.
Anyway thanks for ur comments and gave the oppurtunity to know about the singaporeans mentality.
Thanks.

sq111
1st Jan 2009, 10:22
Manpower planning for pilots is not as simple as u think. They may announce since the downturn but the magnitude of the downturn did not become evident till late Oct where global financial institutions started collapsing one by one.

Singaporean mentality? In wat sense? In telling u that u think SIA owes u an interview and a job? I am just pointing the obvious to you young man, not just SIA, jet airways, air india or for that matter, any company, has the right not to conduct any interviews despite posting for the job vacancy. Just by posting and inviting applications does not mean they have the obligation to conduct interviews.

FYI, SIA cargo is staring at asking pilots to go on no pay leave, likely to park some aircraft in US deserts. Cadet intake is rumoured to be from 350 per year to 250 in 2009. The reduction plus potential large number of unemployed will mean SIA has the larger pool of cadets wannabes to choose from just in Singapore and Malaysia alone. Yes, its a fact, if SIA has enough pool of singaporean and Malaysians to choose from, they are not likely to consider Indian cadets. I am not speaking for management but its a fact of aviation, Malaysia Airlines will recruit only Malaysians, Thai Airways only Thai nationals. Ab initio cadetship will open to foreigners only if they can't find enough of their own nationals to fill them.

Avesh
1st Jan 2009, 12:30
@ sq 111...

Get a life man !!!

This is the second time SIA has done this and this is no way a company should behave
I hope I won't be having with a M#R&N like you on the right seat.....

I guess you would be the happiest to know that SIA won't be recruiting from India...
I read a lot of hate mail agianst Indians in the original SIA thread.....

That shows how insecure you'll can get...
And yeah why shouldn't you be ? If YOUR NATIONAL AIRLINE GOT TALENT IN YOUR COUNTRY ITSELF, IT WOULDN"T BE LOOKING ELSEWHERE RIGHT ?

I do understand your emotions....
But Insecurity does not take you anywhere.....
Grow up !

Regards,

Avesh

southernmtn
1st Jan 2009, 12:34
Avesh: "@ sq 111...

Get a life man !!!"

A, you don't even know what you have or don't have.
SQ111 already has a life (in SIA). You don't.:ugh:

Avesh
1st Jan 2009, 12:43
@ southernmtn

Oh !we have some more kids here......

what is SIA ? The only airline in the world ?

And with regards to my life, Trust me, with the kind of job I have right now, I would be called an Idiot if I left it to become an airline pilot....

But I wanna do it for the passion....Cuz I need to feel wind beneath my feet to be happy.

I can be happy flying dead fish in a old run down Cessna 150, trust me...

Now you decide who does not have a life....

Its a big world, Mate...........
You need togrow up as well...

Regards,

Avesh

sq111
1st Jan 2009, 13:14
Avesh

It is not lack of talent in Singapore, Singapore is a open economy and SIA competes with all sectors for talent. Past few years where bankers and lawyers earn a hell lot more than pilots, it is not easy to recruit. If u have been to Singapore, u will know that seeing Lamborghinis and Ferraris zooming around town as a common sight for past few years, and yes, these drivers are not Pilots.

Oh, purlease, security? I need to feel insecure with u who dun even know how to fly a cessna? Please do not assume. And also please do not put words into my mouth by saying I am happy to see SIA not recruiting cadets from India. Please do not think highly of yourself, you guys are no threat to any of the pilots, both locals or expats alike.

You need to grow up young man... u havent even flown and you are now talking like a Captain?

quote:

just SNOOPING around to find out if you stand a chance against Indians at all ?
unquote

Ha Ha Ha, joke of the century. Do I stand a chance against u? Have already flown for few years, perhaps its more like whether do I stand a chance to be your captain if u ever make it to the right seat!

sunny441
1st Jan 2009, 15:42
SQ111:

why don't you take the higher ground and let it pass man. People will always think that when they send an application - it automatically means 100% job guaranteed. Now the SIA cadet pilot program has come to an abrupt end - dashing my hopes along with my compatriots hopes. Frustration is high among the younger crowd who have no understanding about the global situation. In a few days some other airline will start a cadet program and you will find these individuals applying and venting there as well!

back to the desk job for me on Monday morning!!:ugh:

Cheers and hang loose

sq111
2nd Jan 2009, 00:44
Well, I have nothing against new wannabes, but as new wannabes, Avesh needs to reflect on his attitude.

calling all Singaporeans A$$ H0les, or saying Singaporeans are feeling the threat of Indian cadets? Is it becoming of a pilot to be? much that I wish all of u good luck, I certainly do not hope to see Avesh in any of the flight deck in any airline! In no way he will be a threat to Singaporean cadets to be, and lets face it, if there are enough Singaporeans and Malaysians willing to fly as a career, there wont be a Indian cadet program at all. So he should get the sequence right, he (or for that matter any indian wannabes) is of no threat to the locals, but he seems to talk as if he is God's gift to aviation (when he cant even fly a piston engine cessna). Oh yes, may I also add, Singaporean and Malaysian cadets when they checked out as FO, it is highly likely that they remain with the airline even after the bond, as for Indians, I suspect more will not stay beyond the bond and seek greener pastures, now u tell me, if u are the management, what is your preference?

My friend, when the door is closed, another door is opened, if SIA stopped this time round, try again next time round, or maybe another airline. No point whining and blaming the company for not granting a job!

overmars
2nd Jan 2009, 01:10
SQ111, let's just leave these guys alone ok? They have already been disappointed enough and I am sure they are letting their emotions get the hold of them when they are posting. I hope they don't mean it when they said things like all Singaporeans are @$$holes and the lot.

Avesh, you're still 22 (that is if your profile is accurate). You have LOTS of time left for you to achieve your dream of flying. If not SIA, then other airlines. Like you said, SIA is not the only airline in the world. SIA went over to India to recruit pilots and not to waste your time, and theirs. I'm sure they also spent a whole lot of money doing that, money that could have been spent on expensive Jet-A1. Things just didn't work out with the economy so they are not taking anyone in now. If the economy was booming, trust me, you would have gotten your interview. Anyway back then in 2005, they did bring in some pilots. They are doing well in SIACargo.

Last, but not least, happy new year guys.

sunny441
2nd Jan 2009, 01:16
Well.. when one door closes another one opens. You hit the nail on the head with that one. Opportunities come by, but not all work out. People have to understand that.

Its quite unfair to say where the candidates will go after the bond ends. One might stay or one might even look for greener pastures. But as an employer I will look for the one who fits the job requirements and has some good work ethics.

Cheers

sq111
2nd Jan 2009, 01:27
Hi Sunny

Well, as I said, I dont speak for the company and HR. But the way I have seen it, every company will have a group of core staff/crew. In Asian Airlines, this group of core crew will likely be locals, and then they will be a group of non-core crew, which are on short term contracts (say 5 years) and usually are expats (more expensive). In bad times, the expensive crew will usually be high on the list of those being laid off. While potential Indian cadets will not be on expat terms, HR managers will likely to factor the fact that you have higher mobility in future in planning their future crew needs. Its not a matter of whether its fair or not to say whether u will move after the bond, but in aviation, where training a pilot takes 2-3 years, such things have to be considered.

showtime777
2nd Jan 2009, 01:35
we all understand disappointment. But does that warrant the language that Avesh used in his posts? I don't think so.

Jayles
2nd Jan 2009, 01:55
Chill guys.... cool down.... :bored:

prachat
2nd Jan 2009, 02:51
Guys, I have received the email from SIA regarding the cancellation.Its the same email which has been received by Aviateur85.
so guys lets hope for the best
as behind every step their is always some good steps hiding
regarding the indigo cadet pilot
they have the option but you have to arrange your own fund
also SPICEJET have the same provision

sunny441
2nd Jan 2009, 04:28
Do indigo and Spicejet still have the cadet program going on?

grvailshery
2nd Jan 2009, 05:15
hi one and all....
@ Avesh
Buddy you need to watch you tongue..er ..fingers in a public forum.Its no place to vent out personal remarks. SIA does not suck in terms of global market holdings in the aviation world. We should actually be grateful for them for atleast giving us a hope to fly. I don't see a single Indian aviation company extending such a generous program to us Nationals itself let alone expats... Cut some slack!! I am sure at the present scenario you are at best at your work.Criticism has its ways but venting out anger is not advisable at such a premature stage. Believe me i m equally devastated at what happened! But i think my fellow Indians r more uncomfortable at personal spat at this level of civilization. Cheer up buddy!!!

@SQ111
You seem to be more of an immature bully than a smart pilot with an SIA badge. Trust me, I expected you to be more of a composed person having respected you for the fact that you have undergone such a disciplined and most-sought-cadet pilot program. As a sane being, i respect the views of all the contributors of PPRuNe, so its kinda unethical and unprofessional of you and avesh turning this into a personal BATTLEGROUND. I agree with you hell-bent-upon rule that SIA does not owe us a job. But apart form the disappointment of the prospective candidates,I believe the SIA's recruitment policy image raises doubt. Its one of the biggest carrier in the world and it published an advertisement on the biggest and most read media newspapers about a job announcement. Dont you feel that THAT itself is a kind of commitment the AIRLINE itself is offering? Its like SIA offering you a certain Salary Slab and at the end of the month you are waiting for you paycheck!!! If the airline does not give you the said amount will you just say to yourself " the airline didn't PROMISE me but only published the Salary Slab" or "****! where the hell is my money???""
You see? Tense situations are not just an opportunity to take advantage of. Trust me, If I were on the left-hand seat, I would not be shouting out WHO i would like sitting next to me, but rather doing my JOB with perfection, because I OWE the airline my services than my EGO clouding the cockpit. Sq111 , i respect you as a pilot and appreciate you advices, but the kiddish behavior???Sorry. So please exchange personal brawls over PM and the best tips at the forum.

Cheers to all the contributor out there.

sq111
2nd Jan 2009, 05:56
Contract Law

Advertisement are considered invitation to treat under English common law, it is not an offer. As for salary, it is a contractual obligation and scale of which is agreed upon between the company and union. Its a contactual obligation, unlike the job ads, there is not contractual obligation. So if SIA didnt pay its crew its promised salary, they are in breach of contractual obligations, but if SIA didnt go ahead with recruitment, they have every right to do so!

Fact no. 2

The global recession intensified in November and early December, but so did the policy response by governments around the world. SIA did what they need to do, to cut costs, cut back on staffing needs. I have already said upteen times, advertising in national papers is for impact, but at the end of the day, its beyond SIA that they have to cut back on cadets, so who is unprofessional and immature to criticise a company for not continuing with the recruitment? Get real my friends, jobs are gonna be lost everywhere, I suggest try to keep your job and hope things turn around. meanwhile, if you can jolly afford it, go take your own CPL and ATPL.

Btw, do I need to waste my time in a cadet wannabe thread to be a bully? Thrust me my friends, such attitude displayed by many of the cadets will put the interviewers off, you never know whether do they come to this forum. If u had seen past threads, I have been here helping many wannabes and many are already in the right seat now, not forgetting countless PMs that I responded to. And yes, I respond to Indian wannabes as well.

grvailshery
2nd Jan 2009, 06:14
Exactly what i wanted. A good professional reply. My respects to you remain. And yes, In today's world one needs to works his/her a** off to get that paycheck...unless, your grandpa was gold mine owner..LOL!! So, i too need to get on with it. No hard feelings taken, and yes, an experience indeed.
Cannot afford a CPL, but a PPL yes,...but i rather finish the unfinished and then look up to splurging my extravagant desires. Keep flying SQ111, cheers to u and see you around.

Psnake
4th Jan 2009, 12:18
@SQ111

Well, as I said, I dont speak for the company and HR

after reading all your posts it rather seems opposite..

I am not a wannabe.. but I surely remember that I 'was' a some time back.. I agree tht the attitude shown by Avesh was not right.. but yours was not perfect either..I wanted to write more on this but grvailshery has already said most of it beautifully.

right now you are just an F/O considering your posts with a couple of years of experience.. but you speak as if you are one of the pro selectors of the company.. Mr. please cut back a bit on your ego ..!!

I appreciate your initiative to help wannabes out here and you also seem a bit concerned too.. but bringing in the Singapore Vs Indian Issue was absolutely immature.. wht do you expect.. tht you would post something offensive about the Indians in the "Indian" forum and would receive appreciation in return..???
maybe they are wannabes and know nothing right now .. but believe it you are only a few years ahead.. there is a lot to come..

choosing your mates on the right side.. huhh.. tht was a nice one though.. believe me.. after reading tht comment of yours I would not be very happy sitting with you in the cockpit either.. but I knw you are not the replica of your posts here.. u are a much better person who cares about the wannabes and his comany so much tht he is taking time out to fall into all such discussions.. so in the end I would not mind sharing the cockpit with you... infact I would not mind sharing it with anyone.. like you I'm also a loyal employee and believe that anyone who has been selected to accompany me in the cockpit is capable of being there !!!

although your last post was much better than your previous ones.. :ok: Its a request not just to you rather to everyone following PPRune to please be a bit professional while writing comments here.. this is not a general Social Networking Website.. its meant to discuss issues on Aviation.. not to shout on each other like kids..Thnx

Cheers :)

sq111
4th Jan 2009, 14:24
There is no ego here. I am just contributing my point of views. If it is too offensive, its cos of Avesh who thinks SIA owes him something.

I dont choose who to fly with me, its the system that we rely on whoever is in the cockpit to ensure safe flight, everytime. Of course at the end of the flight, I can choose whether to go out with my crew.

And please look at the post carefully, its Avesh who labelled Singaporeans immature and also other comments. In no way did i bring about Singaporeans issue, and whenever I brought up, its factual information.

prachat
5th Jan 2009, 02:11
yes sunny spicejet and indigo has still the programme

sunny441
5th Jan 2009, 04:37
what are the terms of this program? and is it worth it??

cheers

hitmanishere
5th Jan 2009, 05:03
and is it worth it??

Most definitely not!! :}

spedfast
5th Jan 2009, 05:46
The programs of both spicejet and indigo are very much grounded.

Psnake
5th Jan 2009, 12:15
SpiceJet no more conducting.. the program is grounded for now..

Indigo ..yes still On

but both of these are self sponsored Programs not like the SIA cadet program..

sunny441
6th Jan 2009, 17:48
that's good to know. I am currently in US been working here for last few years. No idea about the cadet programs in India. at least there is no fake logging involved i hope.....

prachat
9th Jan 2009, 02:24
hey guys,
SIA have stoped the prosses of hiring as a cadet pilot as we are discussing here in this forum,our workbench are also showing the same thing that "you have not applied for any job",even we got the mail from them,
BUT guys have you gone throught the other forum like "all batch merged'SIA"
through that column you can see that SIA is hiring the people in other countries interviews are going on and for some they have even taken the medicals and second round.do anyone have any idea regarding that.
anyway i have just crossed my fingure for the best to come,and hope the same for all
BEST OF LUCK GUYS
Cheers

sq111
9th Jan 2009, 02:35
SIA did not stop cadet program, but has reduced intake.

Current requirements can be met by Singaporeans and Malaysians candidates alone, it is only if current requirements cannot be met by Singaporeans and Malaysians, then they will look for alternatives, like India.

singapore001
9th Jan 2009, 08:07
Agreed with SQ111, SQ recently had interviews for the cadet wannabes on the 9th jan.

VT-ASM
11th Jan 2009, 16:41
To the best of my knowledge,Spicejet scrapped its cadet pilot program sometime in August.Indigo has its program still running and I'm planning to apply for that, Besides the Etihad program for which I have already applied.Hope SIA comes to India soon.Cheers,VT-ASM

prachat
15th Jan 2009, 02:41
Besides the Etihad program for which I have already applied.
hi VT
can you please tell me about the EThiyad Programme
thanks in advance
:\

VT-ASM
15th Jan 2009, 14:12
Department: Flight Operations
Expiry Date: 31/12/2009
Description:

If you’ve ever dreamt of becoming a pilot, then this could be your chance to train for a prestigious career with Etihad Airways.
Our new cadet pilot training programme based in the UAE will be a full-time, 18-month course. Successful graduates can look forward to a rewarding career with Etihad Airways.
We are inviting applications for this programme and will commence assessing candidates throughout 2008.
Training:
Flying and theoretical knowledge training shall be to the standard required to pass successfully Abu Dhabi General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) approved examinations for obtaining a frozen airline transport pilot license (ATPL). The cadet pilot shall be flight tested to the level of CPL (UAE GCAA approved commercial pilot license (aeroplane)) and IR (UAE GCAA approved instrument rating (aeroplane)) skills test. On passing successfully all relevant examinations and fulfilling all applicable requirements of the GCAA, cadet pilots will be awarded CPL licenses with IR privilege and frozen ATPL.
The cadet pilot’s license will be upgraded to an ATPL only after fulfilling all requirements of the GCAA including but not limited to achieving minimum flight hours applicable at the time of issuance of the ATPL and provided he/she attained the age of 21 and passed the IR skills test. These entitlements are subject to change by the GCAA as necessary.
Minimum Service Period
Cadet pilots are required to serve the company as a pilot or any other position determined by the Company in its sole discretion, for a minimum period of 60 months from the date of successfully completing the training and receiving frozen ATPL.
Medical Examination

Cadet pilots will be required to undertake and pass the company’s standard medical and dental examinations prior to joining. Cadet pilots will also be required to undertake and pass the UAE government standard medical examination and the GCAA medical examination. Details will be given during a briefing prior to joining the programme.
Sponsorship and Guarantees
The company shall sponsor the cadets participation in the programme by covering the cost which shall not exceed a maximum amount of AED 500,000 (the “sponsorship cost”).
The company shall be entitled to recover from the cadet on demand the sponsorship cost on a pro rata basis (i.e in proportion to the sponsorship cost incurred by the company to sponsor participation in the programme). If, prior to the successful completion of the programme the cadet:
-fails to comply with any of the employment obligations and training attendance requirements;
-is for any reason expelled or prohibited from continuing the training and/or fails to complete the training within the period specified;
-fails to pass satisfactorily any final GCAA examination given by the training provider as per the GCAA regulation and as a result participation in the programme is discontinued;
-fails to achieve the minimum requirement of the training; make unsatisfactory progress with any aspect of the training or fails to display the necessary aptitude for the training; or discontinues, suspends or terminates training at any time before completion of the programme.
The company shall be entitled to recover the sponsorship cost in full (and subject to any right of set off as stated in the joining contract) if after completion of the programme, the cadet fails to comply with any of the stated obligations in the joining contract.
Participation in the cadet pilot programme is subject to (a) ability to obtain all required security clearances and medical approvals from the GCAA or other relevant authorities as may be required fro

Qualifications:

Etihad is an equal opportunities employer and encourages both male and female applicants to apply. Candidates should be:
• Between 18-26 years old
• Not holding either a CPL or ATPL
• Medically fit to fly
• Accredited secondary school diploma or higher with proven pass grades in Physics, Mathematics and English
Please note: Candidates with a CPL, Frozen ATPL, or those who have completed their Commercial Pilot training are not eligible for this programme.
Salary & Benefits:

Salary
A monthly stipend of AED 6,000 will be paid to cadets subject to the cadet pilot’s participation in the cadet pilot programme in accordance with the employment contract.
Accommodation & Transportation
At no cost to the cadet pilot, the company will ensure the provision of accommodation in Al Ain United Arab Emirates and transportation from the place of accommodation to the place where the training is given. The cadet pilot will not be entitled to any housing or transportation allowances in lieu of the accommodation and transportation offered under this provision.
How to apply:
In 2009 we will be conducting initial assessments in London(February),Frankfurt(March),Johannesburg(May),Sydney(J une),Abu Dhabi(July),Toronto(August), New York (August) and Singapore(September).
Due to over subscription we have stopped taking applications for assessment in London, Frankfurt, Johannesburg, Abu Dhabi and Singapore, New York (August) and Sydney (June). However, we have seats available for assessment in Toronto (August). If you wish to be assessed in Toronto please send us an email to [email protected] ([email protected])

Regards,

VT-ASM

hitmanishere
16th Jan 2009, 05:27
:}So anybody smart enough here to go up to toronto just for the assesment??