PDA

View Full Version : QF CC: lwop, vr, cr?

indamiddle
7th Nov 2008, 03:55
22 l/h crew took the vr option. the co. was looking to get in excess of 250. mgmt are now offering reserve line holders lwop for the rest of bp260, also the opportunity for cabin crew to bring forward annual/long sevice leave on an ad hoc basis. once this stage has passed it will recommence directed long service leave for those crew dumb enough not to have allocated all
their lsl to somewhere in the future.
will CR be the next/last option?
can anyone out there, e.g pegasus, guardian, eden et al, tell me how CR works for all the bases?

speedbirdhouse
7th Nov 2008, 04:04
Quote- "once this stage has passed it will recommence directed long service leave for those crew dumb enough not to have allocated all
their lsl to somewhere in the future."

I resemble that statement :{

speedbirdhouse
7th Nov 2008, 04:16
Very interesting times ahead.

If the world wide economy takes a serious dive and the demand for air travel takes a resultant serious hit Qantas it seems is well placed to retire older, fully depreciated aircraft like the 743s 767s and older 747s.

Assuming commitments made to Airbus and Boeing for the Dugong and Dream[ing]liner are to be kept what will it do with all those pesky [$$] surplus QAL cabin crew?

Now that the rodent is no longer in power QF can't very well sack surplus QAL crew and hire cut price QCCA at the same time.

Maybe QAL CC will be forced to migrate to the A380?

Tears for all concerned..........:{

mrpaxing
7th Nov 2008, 21:09
the true figures how many took redundancies but my senority number went down by 60. go figure!:sad:

indamiddle
8th Nov 2008, 01:08
hi speedbird,
it appears QF are still going ahead with training schools for more qcca, another school starting dec 3. as usual, snafu, no-one knows what will happen.mr paxing, how many years have you been flying? ....no need to be too specific.
747-300s to be retired dec 31 this year