PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Air

denalidon
7th Nov 2008, 00:45
I'm a new Pprune user and just wanted to ask for some help regarding the track record of Emirates Air. I am a retired Delta Captain ('03) and got a call recently from my Brother-in-Law re Emirates. He is considering sending his daughter to Tanzania from the US on Emirates (for an International Studies program). He asked me if I had any background info on this carrier (ie. quality of service and overall safety record). I was totally unfamiliar with this info, especially since I've been out of the business, so any amplifying info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Don

fatbus
7th Nov 2008, 00:52
H e should not have any concerns, more tha likely a training flt for Etops IE TRNG Capt

White Knight
7th Nov 2008, 01:31
To be completely blunt Don - better service than any US carrier by far (ie no crusty old bats down the back:}) and safety wise, well at a 100% safety record better than the US majors too:ok::ok:

Cheers

SOPS
7th Nov 2008, 05:59
And it has one or two 777s and a few airbuses....or so I have heard:E

repapips
7th Nov 2008, 07:35
SOPS,

I think you better add the word "hundred" to your:

[And it has one or two 777s and a few airbuses....or so I have heard]

...preferably after the word one...
I believe they have around 120 aircraft now, if not more, including 2 A380s, which I believe no US airline has at the moment. Their fleet is all widebody aircraft, mostly A330s, A340s and B777s.

tbaylx
7th Nov 2008, 08:01
Pretty sure SOPS knows that...it was tongue in cheek.

SOPS
7th Nov 2008, 11:28
It was meant to be a joke.....:ok:

repapips
8th Nov 2008, 09:53
Oops!
Sorry SOPS!
I got you mixed up with denalidon, the thread starter, who said he's a new pprune user.

Pardon monsieur!

Mr Good Cat
8th Nov 2008, 17:26
Surely this was a wind-up by the thread starter...

Surely a pilot from an international major like Delta would have at least a basic understanding of the big airlines outside the US. Especially one that will be the world's biggest operator in three years!

Apologies to the OP if you were being genuinely serious...

White Knight
10th Nov 2008, 05:14
'Basic understanding' of the world outside the US:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confuse d::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confuse d::confused:

Oh well - I suppose it wasn't Delta but United who ended up in Brussels thinking it was Frankfurt:}:}

PositiveRate876
10th Nov 2008, 08:41
You sure that wasn't TWA?
(a.k.a. The Wrong Airport) ;)

Rule3
10th Nov 2008, 09:15
Remind them that there are no Kangaroos in AUSTRIA.:rolleyes:

davkatdyl
10th Nov 2008, 14:18
That was Northwest.

You'd think someone with so much global experience would know that. :ugh:

White Knight
10th Nov 2008, 14:43
Got the global experience fellah - just couldn't really care less if it was United, American, Delta, Whatever!!!! We just like to take the mick out you yankees:}:}

davkatdyl
10th Nov 2008, 14:59
I don't know what that means. But I'm guessing you won't be buying us yanks any beer at the pub.

Cheers.

White Knight
11th Nov 2008, 01:28
Heh - I'll always have a beer with a yank, didn't say I didn't like you guys, I just like taking the mick:ok::ok:

allaru
11th Nov 2008, 12:12
Never mine about the flight the standards are OK, but I would never send my daughter to anywhere in AFRICA!!