PDA

View Full Version : From worst to worsterer!!!!!!!!!

gipilot
4th Nov 2008, 09:47
Hey guys,
Considering everything that's going on in the financial market and of course the aviation market, things are not looking very great for our company(CX) this year.

But today I read about more Beijing-Taipei agreements on cross-strait flights even quadrupelling the amounts of flights across. How much of a MASSIVE impact is that going to have on us?
And considering all of this and retiring of some 772 aircraft and also a reduction in Cargo demands across China and asia do you guys reckon Cx is going to start offering furloughs?? Cause I don't think the company's thinking about expansion anymore.

your thoughts please.

p.s. 13 month, I am not elligible(eu base) but I wish all the hkg based guys lots of luck.

Jn14:6
4th Nov 2008, 10:26
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!!:)

ACMS
4th Nov 2008, 13:03
CX have known about cross strait flights coming for years and years and are ready for it.

We will still be one of the best performing Airlines in the world, don't worry about that.

moosp
4th Nov 2008, 13:14
Philip Chen has relationships with those in Taiwan negotiating the cross strait aviation agreements. I suggest that this is part of the reason it has taken soooo long to develop. Don't worry, minds way above yours have a handle on this.

gipilot I think you need to be in Asia for much longer before you realise that as Machiavelli observed about his own city state, nothing is as bad as it seems...

Oasis
4th Nov 2008, 13:28
As you are eu based, isnt the 13th month factored in you salary already?
In that case you might luck out this year!

trevfly
4th Nov 2008, 18:30
"minds way above yours have a handle on this" Denial is such a wounderful thing. I sugest that the handle is becomming ever so slippery .

Whatever the outcome, it MUST have an effect on KA more so than CX, but undoubtly have an effect on the group.

After all, wasnt this the "golden route", the worlds highest grossing $/mile?
Good for Pax if nothing else.

Furloughs? Nah, just the usual panic for a couple of years, then a mad scramble for increased flights.

Kitsune
7th Nov 2008, 13:38
InvestEgate - China fear spreads ? update (http://www.investegate.co.uk/invarticle.aspx?id=64513)