PDA

View Full Version : loads of jobs in asia/middle east

leebee85
3rd Nov 2008, 19:31
doesnt any body want to work there

fadedfootpaths
3rd Nov 2008, 20:10
I do! Where are the jobs???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::co nfused:

skywalking
3rd Nov 2008, 20:50
me too...
only seem to find jobs where you need to be local or experienced... i am neither...
if you know different then please give details!!!:ugh:

tony2F
4th Nov 2008, 18:42
Skywalker, here here. I'll second that, I cant find anything for less than 1500 hrs type rated or a national. Nothing for me! so yeah , please share!!!!!I'll go tommorrow. Any takers????

aviationluver
4th Nov 2008, 23:03
I think LeeBee is messing with you. I've been trying the M.E. alot lately and haven't found anything. Also, most places in Asia want a type rating on a 737 or higher with time in type.

TheFlyingDJ
5th Nov 2008, 02:33
only seem to find jobs where you need to be local or experienced... i am neither...

very true at this time.

I did here one story of a 320 rated pilot who got hired at Qatar on the 330, but this was in May 2008.

boogie-nicey
5th Nov 2008, 10:03
I think you'll find that there's probably still a fair few jobs in the Middle East and Asia however they will most likely go to the ATPL brigade i.e. time in thousands not hundreds of hours.

This is always evident of an economic downturn and with things so dry here in Europe and North America even if you do strike it lucky then I'd doubt you'll simply be returning anytime soon to your native countries.

Yep type rating, time on type, lower salary expectations and general curtailing of moving up the food chain seem to be the order of the day for sometime to come. Unfortunate but that's certainly how I see it, just one more point the old view of getting a job and making it to the land of milk and honey isn't true anymore. What do I mean by this? Well you could find your beloved employer going bust and you being discarded in the blink of an eye, I'm sure that's got to hurt but this game was never meant to be easy. I realise now why the CAA/JAA make trainign so cumbersome it's not the technicalities they're teaching you it's the culture of this harsh business. ANy big break is a bonus but not the expected norm.

;)