PDA

View Full Version : Annoying TV screen banners

modtinbasher
3rd Nov 2008, 16:38
Can anyone advise please how to hide the "HDMI" banner at the top of my Sony KDL-40W4000 TV screen whilst I'm watching a pre-recorded programme from my HDD/DVD (RDR-HXD995).

Please note the TV and HDD/DVD are connected by HDMI lead.

It's so irritating and I've scoured the manuals and even resorted to much Googling but no success.

Thanks

MTB

frostbite
3rd Nov 2008, 16:48
You probably stand a better chance of a solution on here

AVForums.com : The UK's biggest and best audio visual home consumer electronics forums (http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php)

modtinbasher
3rd Nov 2008, 18:56
Thanks frostbite, I've posted on there as well, but no luck yet!

MTB

Loose rivets
4th Nov 2008, 01:02
You've scoured the player manuals as well...question mark.:confused:

modtinbasher
4th Nov 2008, 09:02
Sorry Loose rivets, I confused you, but thanks for your response!

What I meant was, that I've read the instruction booklets from cover to cover for:

the HDD/DVD recorder player (displays TV banner HDMI 1 when watching a HDD recorded programme)

the Home Cinema System (displays TV banner HDMI 2 when playing a DVD)

and the TV as well!

The reason that I'm asking this question is that this is a new purchase and although it took me 6 hours to put it all together, apart from THE BANNERS I've no other issues with it at all. It works perfectly!

OK, thanks again, any further ideas please?

MTB

modtinbasher
4th Nov 2008, 13:27
Found it!

on the remote control

top button

on the left

too easy

What a dummy! What I really needed was the advice of a six year old

MTB

Loose rivets
4th Nov 2008, 15:25
I've given up on what they put over the broadcast programs here. A little person can walk across the bottom of your screen on their way to the next 'show'. :ugh:

The simulated Hi def off ordinary DVDs has been quite good, but I'm poised to get a hi-def now, so that I can see the telly on full whoomph. 1080p I assume that Blue Ray is the way to go.