PDA

View Full Version : How is working for Lion Air?

sunking
3rd Nov 2008, 15:46
I know that they ordered 154 Boeing 737-900s. I havent heard much about them so Im very curious. The contractor that I'm talking to says that the offer is 10,000 USD month plus housing. Will that go far in Jakarta? Eventually the bases will be in Vietnam and Australia.

AiRBuS_380
3rd Nov 2008, 16:00
hi there,

that amount will allow you to live like a king in jakata if your based in indonesia or vietnam but not so in Aus.

10k usd with housing is a good deal living in indo or vietnam where you will be able to save much more as living standards are low at that area.

cheers!

great way to fly

captplaystation
3rd Nov 2008, 20:11
That one passed me by. Which agency is offering this position ? :confused:

sunking
4th Nov 2008, 00:37
The contact is Kees Schmitz at Aircrew Training Center e-mail is [email protected] They were interviewing in Dallas Texas but cancelled due to the strike at Boeing.

SiNGH08
10th Nov 2008, 23:29
This is from the website you refer to. Can you explain how you find some information in english?

Het Aircrew Training Center selecteert gemotiveerde piloten en gaat verder dan een standaard vliegopleiding. Bovenop het JAA CPL Frozen ATPL krijg je bij het ATC de mogelijkheid om de opleiding af te ronden met minimaal 500 Boeing 737 of Airbus 320 vlieguren. Met ruim 20 jaar airline ervaring in Nederland en de USA kan het ATC inspelen op de aanname eisen van de airlines wereldwijd. Ons Professional Program gevolgd door het Heavy Jet Program garandeert je ruim 1.000 vlieguren.

Nieuw is het Accelerated Program waarbij de leerling vlieger na de opleiding in de USA gelijk op assesment gaat bij een Airline in Europa of wereldwijd. Na het succesvol doorlopen van de selectie en het behalen van de benodigde type rating gaat de vlieger gelijk aan de slag als First Officer.

Onze filosofie is dat motivatie en doorzettingsvermogen de belangrijkste eigenschappen zijn van een piloot in wording. Daarbij moet een aankomende leerling verder willen kijken dan alleen maar Nederland en de KLM. Vanwege onze eigen ervaring in de luchtvaart weet het Aircrew Training Center de voordelen te combineren van het FAA en JAA systeem. Het ATC is een goede opstap naar een succesvolle carrière als verkeersvlieger.

barrybeebone
11th Nov 2008, 13:30
If you live in an apartment in Jakarta attached to an international hotel chain like the Ritz carlton or Marriott, expect to pay around USD$3500 - $4000 per month. These will be the most expensive. Reasonable apartments can be found for USD$2000 or less per month.

You also need to think about where you live, unless you want to spend your days in traffic!

chrislikesblue
11th Nov 2008, 19:42
Anyone knows what is their requirements?Do they recruit expats or just pilot cadets on line training schemes?

B772
13th Nov 2008, 11:30
Lion Air is actually committed to 178 x B737-900ER's, some of this number are in service. I would not leave a current job no matter what it is to join Lion Air. There are rumours the expansion plans have slowed up and the strike at Boeing was to the advantage of Lion Air. Look for an announcement pre Christmas.

Nick Figaretto
1st Feb 2009, 15:59
Any news about Lion Air now?

supervla
15th Apr 2009, 17:53
Still no news yet guys ?

Cheers !:cool:

leondelfierro
15th Apr 2009, 19:35
They have a program trough CAE too.... pay to play

Capt.Morrgan
15th Apr 2009, 19:56
i'd applied through cae a while back but haven't heard back anything to date, except an email stating we will let you know oin the date/ place of assessment. That's about it, and tried getting a name or two at cae to speak directly to but that didn't happen...for whatever reason

good luck

Syrian Aviator
16th Apr 2009, 10:24
Last assessment was 26 March, next Assessment in Brussles 20.April

You have to pay 17000 Euros for B739 TR wih CAE

Salary 3600USD gross (tada!!!) after qualified on type (at current exchange rates)

Expect max flying, 2 years contract, if you brake contract then you pay 10K USD and not to mention the 6 months notice required

In other words, its a crab offer!

ClearedToCrush
16th Apr 2009, 12:59
Would they accept direct entry pilots?I sent CV to their HR address but no confirmation from them.Anyone has any tel contact so that i could follow up my application?

Kato747
16th Apr 2009, 16:33
Syrian Aviator has the numbers pretty much correct....... Capt MAX pay would be about $3500/month, including sector allowances.

One small problem is they are not yet sure if the Indonesian Government will allow them to hire additional ex-pat pilots................... that's a show stopper, Gents.

Don't know how CAE is promising jobs after training with a straight face.:=

MAS Guy
21st Apr 2009, 01:28
USD 2K for a place in Indo? No way, that is way too expensive. I think you can find a good place for less then USD 500

aseanaero
21st Apr 2009, 04:09
USD 2K for a place in Indo? No way, that is way too expensive. I think you can find a good place for less then USD 500

If you're prepared to go out towards pondok cabe airport very large houses (500 to 700m2) can be rented for around $750 per month. As a rule of thumb $10 to $15 per square metre per year. Rents are paid yearly in advance.

supervla
13th May 2009, 13:56
Does anybody know how many 737-900's are being delivered this year to lion air ?

Btw more info about Lion air from the lion air men is appreciated :O

Cheers

fadedfootpaths
13th May 2009, 14:51
Does anybody have the email Id of the HR of Lion Air?

Thanks and Happy Landings:ok:

FFP

aseanaero
13th May 2009, 15:56
I saw a Lion Air 737-900 landing at Soekarno Hatta (Jakarta) this morning so they've started flying them

-

ecureilx
14th May 2009, 05:21
I was told Lion Air has absorbed two 747-400s of Hongkong Oasis.

Where would they be flying such mega-tops ?

Considering the Ban List of Indonesian aircraft ..

Curious.

aseanaero
14th May 2009, 05:25
Where would they be flying such mega-tops ?

Jakarta to Jeddah Saudi Arabia

ReverseFlight
14th May 2009, 16:32
One thing I have learnt from previously working in Jakarta is that you must communicate your destination to your cabbie in bahasa indonesia, otherwise they just nod and take you for a ride without a clue where you want to go - that applies to airport as well as city taxis.

aseanaero
14th May 2009, 16:48
you must communicate your destination to your cabbie in bahasa indonesia

Write the destination address in full down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver