PDA

View Full Version : Ek GCAA eye exam and Chest xray

sunking
3rd Nov 2008, 01:18
Maybe some of you EK gents can help me out. I've been asked to provide the eye exam for the GCAA and The Cheif Medical Officer at EK wants me to do a chest xray.

From what I found out in other post, the eye exam is required by the Government of Dubai, how about the Chest xray? Is that a requirement as well? In the medical the RN thought I didn't blow hard enough for a non-smoker, but the Doc said I did great.
Chime in please,,,,

Thanks

Fart Master
3rd Nov 2008, 05:12
The eye test has been stopped as far as I know, I did my medical a month ago and didn't have to do it. Also I was due a chest x-ray which wasn't done even tho' I asked them about it.

clevlandHD
3rd Nov 2008, 05:26
The X-ray is for TB, required to get your residence visa (with a repeat every 10 yrs I think). TB is alive and kicking in many parts of the world that provide workers to the GCC.
The big eye test has been removed as a regular test for all but kept for a few (such as if you had Lasik before).

Thridle Op Des
3rd Nov 2008, 05:34
According to the AME who did my last medical at the EK Clinic an eye test is still required if there is a change to the prescription of the licence holder. I'm getting to that age where I have to squint to see the PAPI's and it looks as if I will need to do the full test next year when I go from needing no correction to requiring a prescription.

Regards

TOD

Wizofoz
3rd Nov 2008, 07:59
I think the gentleman is talking about initial issue of the license, in which case yes, both an opthalmologic exam and chest x-ray is required.

If you want the job, do the x-ray, it's all part of the price of admittance.

sunking
3rd Nov 2008, 10:55
Many thanks guys, It seems like a normal request, I was a little paranoid that something was wrong with me.

Fart Master
3rd Nov 2008, 18:42
Sunking..... interesting handle........... Is that what a boat does in NZ (Un Zud) when it's got a hole in the bottom of it:}:O

sunking
4th Nov 2008, 00:46
Now that there is funny , I don't care who you are.:8

It's actually a very old call sign from a previous airline that is now defunct. I don't have the creativity to come up with one my own, but it does fit nicely on this particular forum don't you think?

arcticspud1
4th Nov 2008, 01:24
What airline?

sunking
4th Nov 2008, 11:29
Southeast Airlines out of Clearwater Florida.

Von Richtofen
4th Nov 2008, 12:09
To come here definetely there is something wrong with you. Guys don't trust anybody cause they all get Stocholm syndrome here.
This place is the biggest ****hole on heart..but well perfumed. Oil down aviation up..stick to your place ..you will regret it otherwise..

regards

Manfred

tuskegee airman
4th Nov 2008, 13:16
I take it you are on your way home then, Manfred?

Voodoo 3
19th Jan 2009, 11:08
Hi all,

I have been asked to do the GCAA eye test also but ringing round various opticians they don't know what the requirements are. Is it just a standard eye test or is there more involved. If there is could someone point me in the right direction of someone who could do it. (North UK).

Thanks V3