PDA

View Full Version : Ambeo

SlingsbyT67M
1st Nov 2008, 12:44
Hi all

I recently applied to an advert that I saw on Flightglobal for a company called Ambeo. Not sure but apparently these guys are going to based out at Cranfield and have ordered a fleet of Hawkers. The reason I applied is that I have just finished and have a reasonably low amount of hours but their advert seem to indicate that they were willing to look at anyone and were offering a type rating at the end. The questions that I have are as follows:

1. Has anyone else applied and have you heard back from them?
2. Does anyone know anything about them? Hard to find info.
3. What are their entry requirements and are they going to hit us wannabees with a deluge of phsyche tests?

Thanks all looking forward to hearing back from you.

Lost man standing
1st Nov 2008, 15:53
Currently under discussion in Bizjets, GA, Ag

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/348800-ambeo-based-cranfield.html

Aegean100
7th Nov 2008, 12:38
Yes, I've applied and got an email from them outlining the scheme. It looks interesting but they are asking a lot of money to be paid upfront!!
For example, you pay for the sim ride assessment.
If pass you pay for a personality assessment(!)
If you pass you pay for the formal interview(!!)
If pass, wait for this, pay for a pre-type Type rating/MCC course (this is applicable even if you have an MCC!!!)
And finally if pass, you sign a 3 yr bond agreement to pay for your type rating(!!!!).

However, the pay is going to be relatively good by Airline standards.

nick14
7th Nov 2008, 13:02
Realy would advise you look in the bizz jet forum for more info on this as you will find it interesting reading.

I will not be applying.
N

ps Im pretty sure the TR cost comes out of your wages for the 1st three years.

Dimbleby
11th Nov 2008, 20:20
Ambeo is a total sham. A ruse for raising cash for a localy based third rate training guy. Let me state clearly - there is no aircraft, no ops room, no offices, no credible business plan - only a scam. Let me repeat, it is a scam.

Superpilot
11th Nov 2008, 20:58
Wow, we really know how to debase these wannabe exploiting scam artists these days. Keep up the good work! :ok:

SlingsbyT67M
13th Nov 2008, 14:12
Oh dear. This is not good!! Do we know this for sure or is it just hear say. I really need the job, so perhaps I will still try, it's just I don't want to be scammed.

flightlevel1985
13th Nov 2008, 14:34
I applied after seeing the Flight International advert, and before reading this thread. I too have received the email asking for payment for the interview ... I'm not too fussed about paying for their MCC, as I have not yet done one. But paying for the interview and assessment seems a little steep ...

portsharbourflyer
14th Nov 2008, 18:43
Even if this wasn't a scam the majority of these proposed VLJ operations very rarely ever see the light of day.

Executive charter companies looking for high calibre crews will not charge candidates for a selection process.