PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah gets loose in cargo hold

oldtora
31st Oct 2008, 23:34
On Halloween, a cheetah got loose in cargo hold of a Delta 757, flying from Portland, Oregon, to Atlanta, Georgia. When the cargo door was opened, the cheetah was running around. :eek:

I apologize I do not know how to post the internet site to read the story, but it is a newspaper story, titles: "Cheetahs on a plane", and "Cheetah gets loose". If someone wishes to post the address, thank you very much.

twest2
31st Oct 2008, 23:37
Cheetahs on plane: Animal gets loose in cargo hold - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081031/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cheetahs_on_plane)

john_tullamarine
1st Nov 2008, 00:43
One has to have appropriate strategies for such events.

I recall, many years ago, a wizened and knowledgeable freighter captain who, when quizzed during a regulator audit as to what he would do if his live cargo (of oysters) broke free of their constraints ... replied .... "the flight crew would defend themselves gallantly by means of plates, forks, and twists of lemon"

HP115
1st Nov 2008, 14:59
Only one? An Anson had two,one on each wing!

W800i
3rd Nov 2008, 12:17
I forklifted a couple of Cheetahs a few years ago. When I asked the handler why they were snorting at me she stated that they wanted to eat me. Twas a very carefully lifted load.