View Full Version : Egnatia Aviation School?

SilveR5
31st Oct 2008, 17:57
Hello guys

Egnatia Aviation School in Greece.

Does anybody know about it or have been there?

I might be joining them soon...your opinions and feedback will be of great value.

Thank you

G CEXO
31st Oct 2008, 18:56
please dont lol trust me on that. Do a search for them, they are a bunch of cowboys.

G-XO

skysiren
31st Oct 2008, 19:56
Don't go, avoid it at all costs, it is not worth the risk. Check out the other threads.

SilveR5
2nd Nov 2008, 12:08
Yeah..i've reviewed the threads!!!

too risky choice...:ooh:

thanks guys :ok:

CB-LOVER
3rd Nov 2008, 08:11
Hi,

I have a heard from a friend of mine who is being trained there at the moment that everything is absolutelly running very smoothly. They provide quality training and they even ordered a simulator. I just do not see why why people just looking for answers in here. Why dont you just call them direclty or visit them? During my training in a well advertised and known school i had some bad experiences. This is the reality to everything and noone can be just so perfect. I will never regret my time there even though i had some rough rides. I am making this point as i hate the one word answers 'NO DO NOT GO THERE'. Share your experience and please let it be a current one. If i had to decide now about my training i would have choosen them as i get very good comments form an insider who is studying there at the moment. Unfortunatelly i spent twice the money they are asking and achieved the same result.
I am trying to give some advice to wannabes and nothing else. I will pay a visit there soon for a weekend and i will post back if i see something something wrong. Do a proper research for every school before you join them. Let the others have their say but mind you each individual situation is different. Us people we tend to criticise schools first and not ourselves.

Thank you and happy flying to everybody!:ok:

SilveR5
3rd Nov 2008, 08:46
My friend CB-LOVER

sadly I have to say that few unpleasant things also happened with me like all those people who are against Egnatia!!

It has all began on a Monday morning when I sent them an email to ask about that Ikaros program...but unfortunately there was NO REPLY..

On Thursday afternoon, I called them on the phone to make sure that everything is ok over there...and an angery lady has answered me..I asked if she's got my email...she replied in a very tough way saying "yes yes..we will reply in the weekend"!!:confused:

and again..when I received the reply on Tuesday (2 days after the weekend) I had still few things to inquire about...but it seems that the guys there at Egnatia do not offer more than one email per month!! or may be they are not really in the mode of welcoming expats..so I never heared back from them again...:ugh:

The end piont is: if that's the way they treat strangers when every1 seems to be relaxed, then how possibly this could get better when i'm stuck with them in a busy hangar or a crowded classroom??!! ABSOLUTELY NOT ENCOURAGING!:=

I'm sorry if it looks harsh but the truth is when some people give positive opinion about one thing and others give negative opinion, then choosing that thing is truly risky...plus that my own little experience in communication with them was really terrifying! you know my friend it's a lot of money and the last thing you wanna do is to waste those thousands around and take the risk of "they might be okay"!:suspect:

all the best for you and for those who are already studying at Egnatia...:ok:

skysiren
3rd Nov 2008, 09:43
You are making the right choice not to go there. Things at that school are really not running smoothly, if they were why would so many students have asked for refunds and left, why are they're intake numbers so low, why is student moral so low, why do they never have a full fleet of planes, why are they using PPL students to teach ATPL subjects. These are questions you should be asking before you spend any money. :bored: