PDA

View Full Version : AlWafeer Air

spacenavigator
31st Oct 2008, 17:40
Does anyone know about the new start up in Jeddah named AlWafeer Air ..?
What i Have heard so far : A330 or 744 fleet, impressive crew package (no details unfortunately) and 6-8 days off in a row. I checked their website and they have posted a pilot application form which I downloaded, completed and emailed back to the shown email address....

Anyone here knows anything else?

spierpoint jones
31st Oct 2008, 17:46
Is this the mob that will specialize in Umra and Hadj flights? Whats the web address.....

Thanks
jones

mutt
31st Oct 2008, 18:12
They wont be flying Hajj this year as they dont have an operating certificate, so thats 2 years in a row that they have failed to achieve their goal..... Word on the street is poor management who have bitten off more than their capabilities!

Mutt

ShinjukuHustler
1st Nov 2008, 09:00
What?? The fancy brochure was all lies? Wow, that never happens around these parts... :}

Met someone from there last year...a swish brochure and alot of hot air..

Cabin Safety
1st Nov 2008, 11:01
Hello everybody,
I am new here :) ..this subject attracted my attention while surfing the net.

I have good news....

few things are changing ---positively ---in alwafeer air

I'll keep you updated next week

Rivera
1st Nov 2008, 12:19
what is the present status

spacenavigator
1st Nov 2008, 18:08
OK .. here is the latest:
After snooping around and talking to some "Informed" players, the consensus on Al Wafeer Air:
Targeting the Hajj and Umrah markets,
Sizable capital,
Saudia air is a strategic partner,
Other Influential share holders,
Talented management,
Actively pursuing the AOC (expected early 2009).
Presently interviewing by invitation...

I had an automated reply from the website [email protected] (http://www.pprune.org/[email protected]), after emailing the pilot application ... so we'll see what happens ... :cool:

mutt
1st Nov 2008, 20:42
Actively pursuing the AOC (expected early 2009) Thats the 3rd target date, 2007,2008 and now 2009........

Mutt

_FL600_
1st Nov 2008, 22:08
Mutt,

When you say that, do you refer to GACA being too slow? Or, is it laziness of the airline?!

Any body know what kind of airplanes they'll operate? Requirements? How's their package?

Thanks,

spacenavigator
21st Nov 2008, 17:45
Hey everyone ... been a while ..no? (ok.. ok.. i hear your whispers: "not long enough) !!
Gloomy Mutt :{ and the rest of you :bored: : here is the latest:

Its either a 777 or a 330: the verdict soon to be revealed;
Starting recruitment in January 2009;
Will be willing to type you for a bond.
Oh yes.. and seriously hunting for Cabin Crew.I'll update you on the aircraft type as soon as i know something ...
Happy Flying ...

spierpoint jones
21st Nov 2008, 18:27
Their web site is asking for B737 NG or A320 pilots .Not the B777, A330...You got the manufactures correct.... So where 's the beef ?

Careers (http://www.alwafeerair.com/careers.html)

jones:ok:

mutt
24th Nov 2008, 03:57
Spacenavigator, do you remember Capt Abdullah W? Or was that before your time? Some of us know a lot more about this company than you might realize....

Gloomy, not I, especially as i didnt take him up on his offer to fly the 777!!!!

Mutt

spacenavigator
27th Nov 2008, 11:32
An acquaintance i know for many years working for a recruitment agency, informs me now they are looking for B777and A330 pilots. But quiet rightly, the website does say A320/ B737NG !!
Hmmmm...:confused:
I guess the economic situation made larger jets readily available, and sent everyone back to the drawing boards...

Cabin Safety
31st Jan 2009, 12:32
Hello..
This thread has been dormant for a while :sad:

Is Alwafeer Air going to fly soon or not?

I heard they have several offers from aircraft brokers, for 747-4
I also know that they've recieved plenty of crew resumes from Jeddah and different places in Europe. but no interviews so far :ugh:

rumors say that getting their AOC will expedite after the recent GACA management change.

anybody have more info?

Payscale
31st Jan 2009, 15:54
Does anyone know the package?

Payscale
31st Jan 2009, 16:00
Following are the required employment prerequisites for Flight and Cabin Crew:

1. Captains: B747-400 or B777:

a. Total time: 4000 hour, of which: PIC Jet time with Commercial Air carrier operations: 2000 hours, of which : PIC Time on type: 1000 hours

b. Fluency in English. Current on type, Age 58 at the time of joining.

2. Co Pilots: B747-400 or B777:

a. Total time: 1500 hours of which: Time on type with Commercial Air carrier Operations: 500 hours

b. Fluency in English. Current on type, Age 58 at the time of joining.

Competitive tax free benefits package, 2 years contract, 13 salaries per annum, generous performance incentives, Education assistance, single and family accommodation, life and medical insurance for self and family, and more.

To apply, please download the pilot job application from here and send it as an attachment to [email protected].

3. Cabin Crew:

a. Minimum age 21 years at the time of application, Minimum arm reach of 210cm (on tip toes), Weight proportional to height.

b. Educated to at least high school standard. College degrees / diplomas are a definite advantage, Fluent in written and spoken English (fluency in another language is a definite advantage) Previous experience in the airline service/ hospitality industry is an advantage.

Competitive tax free benefits package, 3 years contract, 13 salaries per annum, generous performance incentives, single accommodation, life and medical insurance, and more.

To apply, please download the cabin crew job application from here, and send as an attachment to [email protected].

- For all Ground Staff and Management job application, please download the application form from here and send it as an attachment to groundcareers@al

Cabin Safety
31st Jan 2009, 19:34
Payscale,

I got some of the Cabin Crew package....I can tell you that they pay more than any other Airlines in Saudi Arabia or Gulf region

4PW's
19th Feb 2009, 02:06
The link to their homepage has just been suspended.

Make from that what you will, but it doesn't seem inspiring.

Cabin Safety
23rd Feb 2009, 13:56
It was probably an internet server maintenance or something..not directly under their control.

It's working fine now

mutt
12th Mar 2009, 05:21
Things have gone very quiet...... word on the street is that they havent got the capital....

Mutt

Thermal
16th Mar 2009, 14:53
That's a pity, Mutt. Not surprising however in the current world economic climate.

anthony.andora61
17th Mar 2009, 12:08
I heard they are looking at the Singapore bunch since they are current on equipment.

anyone can confirm this rumor? and if so, do the rest who are not current have any chance?

AA

mutt
17th Mar 2009, 13:52
The original plan was to take retired SVA pilots who get a massive state pension.... but they dont seem to be interested!

Mutt

yum
31st Mar 2009, 18:17
Dear Cabin Safety, any news to alwafeer air?when does the operations start?appreciate your feedback.;)

mhel
31st Mar 2009, 21:18
anybody knows when will start the training for cabin crews!?:O:D:D:D

Paradise Lost
1st Apr 2009, 20:41
I hope no-one has been holding their breath for the last 5 months since this thread started! AOC looking good for 2010 now?

mhel
8th Apr 2009, 19:41
:bored:gUYS!!! any news about alwafeer air!?
when the operation will start!?

pls advise:ok:

THANKS!!!

yum
9th Apr 2009, 20:19
:{dear mhel, tell it to the marines..of all your grievancies hahahaha:ouch::sad::E:O

PHAROH
10th Apr 2009, 00:04
they'll get airborne by Aug

yum
11th Apr 2009, 17:22
Dear Mutt, do you have any idea regarding the latest status of alwafeerair?:)

mutt
11th Apr 2009, 18:44
They are rumored to be presently inspecting 744 aircraft in KL, guess that if they get them they will start, but if not!!!

Fingers crossed that they will convince GACA that they know what they are doing and obtain an AOC, the strange part is that after all the money they spent on SH&E, its surprising that they are having so much difficulty.

Mutt

yum
11th Apr 2009, 20:59
dear Mr. Mutt, many thanks for the very detailed information. pls if you have more news to share, pls let us know. ;)

Cabin Safety
12th Apr 2009, 07:31
Hello everybody,

I'm sorry for not showing up recently....I've been away from the net for some time:ugh:

The News:

training will start during the last week of May 2009
Job offers are under processing for those who have been accepted
Obtaining AOC processes are going on..no difinite date
Dear yum (http://www.pprune.org/members/296319-yum) ,

No difinite date for commencing operations..but I think they willl not be ready before August.

Dear Mutt,

you are right about the B-744 being inspected in far east. however, I disagree with your point of retired pilots....as a matter of fact, some pilots are RETIRING just to join Alwfeer.

mhel
14th Apr 2009, 10:58
Mr. Cabin Safety,

How true is it that the training will be in the last week of May!? is it by BATCH or just one time including the expatriates? we are not formally inform yet about this...However, since the training will be starting soon as what you have said, is it possible for us to know where might be the location for crews accomodation...!?,
another thing is that why it took so long to receive the Job Offer Letter.

Hoping for your kind feedback Sir:D........

Many thanks in advance!!!

MHEL

Podunk
14th Apr 2009, 11:50
Have they begun interviewing for cockpit crew... or is that already done via the SV grapevine?

Kato747
14th Apr 2009, 11:57
Cabin Safety.....

Can you confirm that said training commencing end of May is ONLY for Cabin Crew?

Any idea when the flight deck crews will be brought on-line? Your desk isn't that far away from the Boss', is it? :}

mutt
14th Apr 2009, 12:19
ONLY for Cabin Crew Nope......

Mutt

Podunk
14th Apr 2009, 12:34
NOPE...............?????????????? ..... Intimating that selection is complete and that training for Cabin AND Flight Deck crew training will begin in late May....????

Have the flight deck crews started training? If not, when?

Mutt, you're usually a bit more forthcoming with the good info. Are you chowing down on a Showarma, or what? :bored::ok: Nope, cannot be, it's not Maghreb yet.... :}

yum
14th Apr 2009, 14:59
Dear Cabin Safety,

Thanks for the reply.

Also, please find time to answer the following additional quiries:

Visa for expats.
Estimated date in calling those selected candidates with regards to their training.
The venue for the training/ timings.
Accommodation (expats)
What about the uniform to be used during the training.
transpo (pick & drop VV) during the training.Any additional information you wish to include would be helpful for us to prepare and plan for our exit formalities from our present employer.

Many thanks!:ok:

mutt
14th Apr 2009, 16:43
Hey I was using my phone :):)

I dont know if any crews have received JOL's, certainly not the ones that i know.

AFAIK, they are planning training for Pilots and Cabin Crew in May.

Mutt

frawla
14th Apr 2009, 22:36
please any one know if there is any interview soon in egypt for cabin crew. i sent my cv from 2 months ago.

Cabin Safety
15th Apr 2009, 11:41
mhel,
How true?
as true as any other info posted here :) ...
it all depends on your conception of the subject.
Having said so, any subsequent answer to your queries about accommodation or job offers would be questionable.
Podunk,
The interviews were completed for pilots who had been available in Jeddah during Feb. & Mar.
To the best of my knowledge, they are still welcoming more 747 400 pilots and Cabin Crew for interviews –
Kato747,
Nobody can confirm any info around here...please read my above reply to mhel.
Distances between desks –when exists- is not a base for knowledge nor a criteria for proper judgment.

Yum,
Thank you for trust, but your questions are far away from my ability to answer.
wish you all the best

Cabin Safety
15th Apr 2009, 11:44
Hello Frawla,

all interviews are done locally in Jeddah. currently, there is no plan to go to crew domiciles for interviews.

wish you the best

yum
15th Apr 2009, 16:18
Dear Cabin Safety,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will just wait for further instructions from the Management.

Once again, thanks for your time.

With best regards,
Yum

Podunk
18th Apr 2009, 17:42
Which aircraft were they looking at in KL? ex-MAS?

mhel
22nd Apr 2009, 17:21
guys,
any news about alwafeer?:ugh:....

tnx!:D

mhel...

yum
5th May 2009, 19:56
i think alwafeer air is still not yet ready with the training period nor the operation. seems everybody's quiet now adays...:zzz: if really there's a plan to push-through with the training during this end of May, well there would have been an endorsement call recieved-but no to avail.

Cabin Safety...do you have something to say? thanks!

yum
31st May 2009, 07:53
.............rumors...says (and as confirmed by a source)...that the training of alwafeer crews will start end of May (2009)... but till now nobody called regarding the same...its misleading! correct me if im wrong..perhaps May 2010 that is?!?................:{

FlyB744
6th Jun 2009, 08:55
Latest... heard Al Wafeer taking long lease of 3 B744 for delivery next month... so they must be taking off soon... They have also asked for some B744 Trainer to come with the aircraft to assist with initial training.

Paladini
6th Jun 2009, 15:46
Are they still taking on B742 Classic guys?

mutt
6th Jun 2009, 15:59
Classics????? Never heard about them, -400's.

As far as i can see, training hasnt started.....

Mutt

TckVs
6th Jun 2009, 18:54
Hi Mutt, any idea on T&C. Or indeed anyone who has a clue. not saying anyone else doesn't. Cheers in advance:D

FlyB744
10th Jun 2009, 02:43
Apparently, initially al Wafeer will take delivery of 1 B744 mid-July for route prooving - as part of process in getting AOC.

Van Pelt338
17th Jun 2009, 12:39
I just received an invite for an interview the last week of June. Any other's out there get the same? Any other word on this operation?

Cheers, VP

skysx33
17th Jun 2009, 19:48
B744 F/O

I have recieved a screening date as well ...but no idea about T&C ....
what is the best ?? emirates or alWafeer ??:*

hectopascal
18th Jun 2009, 05:11
Hi guys, i got an interview/medical/sim session as well the end of June.
Anybody got some info on the sim stuff/interview questions etc.

Appreciate it.

Hectopascal

Krypton
18th Jun 2009, 21:15
skysx33 747 F/O

Heh heh what a comparision, Alwafer is an experiment waiting to prove itself, while Emirates despite all its troubles is the numero uno in the Middle and Far East

skysx33
19th Jun 2009, 07:11
you're right but what are chances to upgrade LHS joining alwaf with command time > 50 t. ??
They are excepting 3 acft , impressive package (word of mouth) ....

figleaf
19th Jun 2009, 09:08
I am always suspicious of a 'package' that you don't get told about until you get there, if it was so good why not enhance recruiting by letting the details be known, they dont seem keen to fly anyone to interview, looking for
so it all comes over as a bit tight if you ask me.

cf680c2b
19th Jun 2009, 14:52
I don't think they are cheap. From what I understand, they are paying for everything during these interview dates (Air, hotel, meals, transport). With almost 30 invites it amounts to a good chunck of change.

Shoot! Saudi's flag carrier doesn't even do that. They make you pay for your own hotel.

mutt
19th Jun 2009, 16:22
Saudi's flag carrier doesn't even do that. They make you pay for your own hotel..... they now pay for the hotel....

Mutt

cf680c2b
19th Jun 2009, 21:10
Hey Mutt,

reading your previous post on the subject, I get the sense that you have alot of hearsay info. on the company. Yet, you are not willing spill the beans.

Is it because Alwafeer is going to be paying their expat pilots a whole lot more than your airline......and that bothers you in some way? ;)

4PW's
20th Jun 2009, 01:34
Low blow.

Unnecessary.

Take your chance and join up.

Qualified?

mutt
20th Jun 2009, 03:55
Ha ha ha...... look at it this way, I know where my salary will come from next year, do you?

Mutt

cf680c2b
20th Jun 2009, 04:22
Damn!
I guess it didn't work. Knowing you (mutt) are the foremost authority in SA aviation, I figured the only way to get some info out of you is to rattle your cage and hope something good falls out. Too bad you didn't fall for it.
No disrespect intended.
............................................................ ...............................

4PW..

Don't be such a effn boyscout.

and to answer your smug question........Yes, I am qualified. your not the only 400 driver(or should I say Ex 400 driver) out there, we're dime a dozen these days (if you havn't noticed).

mutt
21st Jun 2009, 04:12
Truth is i dont know anything about them, I lost interest when it became clear that it wasnt going to be a joint venture with SVA.....

With Air Atlanta, Phuket, Atlas, Lion Air, Hellenic, Mahan, Onur and Eagle Europe (new) all seeking the same market... it will be interesting to see how much of the "cake" is left....

Mutt

Van Pelt338
24th Jun 2009, 15:28
I received an email today stating the interviews have changed from JED to KUL and they are now July 2nd thru the 6th. They are also requesting the I pay for my ticket to KUL to be reimbursed at the interview.
I cannot make the dates plus do not want to pay up front for a ticket.
Good Luck All.

VP

figleaf
24th Jun 2009, 17:30
These guys seem to have a problem organizing a piss up in a brewery. I expect its KL because the sim is there and they are having difficulties with visas. Not impressed that they claim a great package (which is not revealed) but cant fix flights and interviews. This is Saudi money isnt it? Shambles.

Van Pelt338
25th Jun 2009, 10:04
I can understand this not working this time as the lead time to get the visa's was very short. Hopefully the next time they will plan this a few weeks in advance so folks can adjust their off days to attend. On another note, I spoke to a friend that attend an interview in China and they also had him buy his own ticket to the interview city. He was paid cash in the interview. I was able to attend the June dates but alas not these in July.
We shall see if I get an invite after this first turn down.

Good luck all.

Cheers, VP

Krypton
26th Jun 2009, 00:27
skysx33, I think given the background of the Alwafir co-founder and the present managment they will most probably follow the pattern of Saudia in regards to LHS movement as soon as possible, namely Saudization, in other words I would think you would have a better chance of lateral movement at Emirates who does not follow a nationalization pattern. Otherwise whenever it actualy launches I think it is quite a promising experiment (uhhh I mean airline:E)
I dont know about the package they are offering but i heard an ex-Saudia 777Captain mentioning a 47000 SR per month offer, dont have more details

John d
3rd Jul 2009, 10:47
Hi everyone,
Just wanna ask if training for Cabin crew has already starter, are they hiring non saudi male cabin crew? i will appreciate your feedback guys

email me
[email protected]

mutt
3rd Jul 2009, 12:58
John_D, i dont know if they will hire foreign males as FA's due to visa/saudiization issues, but they are hiring right now, with training starting in about a week. So give them a shout.

Mutt

John d
4th Jul 2009, 10:25
Hi Mutt,
Thanks for your reply, i am currently working for an airline as a cabin crew and i am based in Jeddah, i have a transferrable iqama so theres no problem with the visa issues, i have already forwarded my application, just waiting for my luck to come. Will appreciate your reply. tnx

John

Van Pelt338
6th Jul 2009, 09:33
If anyone attended the pilot interviews in KUL, please post some info on the company, etc.

Cheers VP

sunchaser
7th Jul 2009, 20:29
Hello all,

Have been contacted by Wynwith Flight out of the UK for positions with Al Wafeer Airline. Apparently they are telling pilots that they have the contract with Al Wafeer but the truth is they have nothing. Infact spoke with 2 of there recruiters, Cathy Butler and Iram Zaman and they haven't a clue. They are basically requesting documents from suitable candidtates in order to see what they will work for, they actually ask that question. But the fact is they do not have the recruitmenet contract and seem to be a very sady and amaturish outfit. take heed.

mrmoo
10th Jul 2009, 05:18
747-400 HZ-AWA1 painted in Al Wafeer colours in MAS hangar today.

figleaf
18th Jul 2009, 13:04
Has anyone got any info on pay and conditions with Alwafeer?

Van Pelt338
19th Jul 2009, 13:26
Anyone with any info yet?

mutt
3rd Aug 2009, 17:40
Airplane #1 is in Jeddah, 9M-MPI, but as someone has already said, it should be registered HZ-AWA1

Interesting and nice paint scheme, extremely different to the draft scheme that i previously saw.

Congratulations to those involved in this project for the last 2 years. Good Luck with the future.

Mutt

nr23
4th Aug 2009, 08:42
my sister wanted to join this airline. the other day she went for the interview and got in... since the based is in jeddah, should i be worry about her safety?

Sushi Muncher
4th Aug 2009, 08:50
Hi mutt, can you expand on your thoughts on the paint scheme and condition of the aircraft. Just wondering what image they are projecting

mutt
4th Aug 2009, 09:05
since the based is in jeddah, should i be worry about her safety? Nope....as long as she behaves as if she was in KL, she will be fine!

Sushi Muncher, its an awesome scheme, but lets just say its more and AIRLINE scheme than an ACMI operator. So i guess that indicatest that they intend to get their own business.

Mutt

Sushi Muncher
4th Aug 2009, 12:54
mutt, I take it by what you say is that they have spent a lot of money on the paint job. not the usual basic white with some sort of logo on the tail. Might indicate that they have committed a lot of money to make this all work and are even trying to establish branding from the start.

spierpoint jones
4th Aug 2009, 16:31
Any pictures available so we can see the cool livery everyone is taking about??

jones:ok:

frawla
4th Aug 2009, 20:07
is there any information about cabin crew from outside saudi.like egypt couse i waited them too much

nr23
5th Aug 2009, 10:28
U serious.. if anything happen to her, i'll be devastated. by chance does anyone know they uniform for the cabin crew?
are they flying this year?

mutt
6th Aug 2009, 17:51
U serious. yes i am, i dont joke about serious issues like this.

are they flying this year? The aircraft arrived a few days ago, so i would expect to see them flying by Eid.

Your sister will be fine as long as she applies the same standards to her behaviour that she has in KL.

Mutt

B-HKD
12th Aug 2009, 19:55
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/3/6/1564638.jpg

Zoni

pjvr99
13th Aug 2009, 15:46
A quick (and poor quality) shot earlier this week .....

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/pjvr99/Wafeer001.jpg

nr23
26th Aug 2009, 09:50
after they held the interview in Kuala Lumpur, i heard they are coming to Egypt next for flight attendant intake. but honestly, the malaysian intake have not flew to Jeddah yet but anyhow it is supposed to be anytime soon.

Cabin Safety
4th Sep 2009, 17:16
HZ-AWA1

Parked in Ramp 11 at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah
http://up4.m5zn.com/9bjndthcm6y53q1w0kvpz47xgs82rf/2009/9/4/10/3wbbdx0f5.jpg

Cabin Safety
4th Sep 2009, 17:23
http://up4.m5zn.com/9bjndthcm6y53q1w0kvpz47xgs82rf/2009/9/4/10/9drm4f3ps.jpg

mutt
4th Sep 2009, 17:44
Congratulations, its really nice to see them take to the air :ok::ok:

Mutt

Old Parr
4th Sep 2009, 19:12
Looks like an ex-MAS scoundrel and Korean Air reject is joining Al Wafeer's ranks......watch out guys, he will arse lick and weasel himself into some management position and screw you guys. For more info, look up the MH 653 hijack thread and the Jet Airways recruitment in malaisia thread i the SEA forum.

Cabin Safety
5th Sep 2009, 16:51
Alwafeer Air ICAO code (Call Sign- Flight No..etc) is:

WFR

:ok:

Cabin Safety
9th Sep 2009, 00:32
First Flight in Proving Run Stage:

WFR1500 JED-CAI/1501 CAI-JED on 8th Sept. 2009

cp35
17th Sep 2009, 03:16
so how did the first flt go?

Cabin Safety
4th Oct 2009, 11:45
Just in...

Cabin Safety
4th Oct 2009, 12:17
Today 4th of October 2009 afternoon, Mr Dabbagh; Alwafeer Air CEO , officially recieved "Air Operator Certificate" number 019.

more to come soon......................

Cabin Safety
5th Oct 2009, 18:11
Air charter service for pilgrims
K.S. Ramkumar I Arab News http://www.arabnews.com/images/pixel.gifhttp://www.arabnews.com/images/pixel.gifhttp://www.arabnews.com/2009/10/wafeer.jpg
TIMELY FLIGHT: An AlWafeer Air aircraft being readied at the King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah for the upcoming Haj season. (AN photo) http://www.arabnews.com/images/pixel.gifhttp://www.arabnews.com/images/pixel.gifJEDDAH: The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) awarded an operating license to AlWafeer Air, a specialized Saudi charter carrier, on Sunday to operate Haj and Umrah flights.
“We chose to grant a charter operating license to AlWafeer only after we were fully satisfied that it had complied with all GACA regulations and requirements in order to obtain the Air Operator Certificate and had the ability to operate charters for Haj and Umrah pilgrims,” GACA President Abdullah M.N. Rehaimi told reporters at a ceremony here.
AlWafeer Air will transport pilgrims from Algeria, Niger, Senegal, Ghana, Mali, Kazakhstan, Sudan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt and some European countries. “We hope to cover all Islamic countries with a bigger fleet in the next three years,” said Adnan A. Dabbagh, president and CEO of AlWafeer Air.
“We are working toward operating the first pilgrim charter from Pakistan on Oct. 20,” he said, adding that the airline would commence operations with three Boeing 747-400 aircraft and soon increase the number of aircraft to eight.
“The aim of AlWafeer Air is to set the standard of service for pilgrims with safety, reliability and on-time performance,” Dabbagh said, adding that the airline would outsource all its required services and directly employ pilots and in-flight personnel. “The result will be partnership with the service providers and the ability to select the best service providers while concentrating on the core business of providing pilgrims with the best service,” he added.
On the impact of the global downturn on the aviation sector worldwide, Rehaimi said the Kingdom had acted well in advance, taking into account the need to change its business model to ensure better performance with emphasis on the interests of shareholders, airlines and passengers.

Source: Air charter service for pilgrims (http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=127057&d=5&m=10&y=2009)

a picture from a Saudi Arabic Newspaper:

http://ksa.daralhayat.com/files/imagecache/medium_thumb/files/rbimages/1254676833478342000.jpg
Source: Dar Al Hayat (http://ksa.daralhayat.com/ksaarticle/62610)

Cabin Safety
5th Oct 2009, 18:23
Sorry CP for my late response...
all flights (7 round Trips and 4 Layover flights) went very well..

read this, please.
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/391087-alwafeer-air-gs-its-o-c.html

cp35
7th Oct 2009, 10:19
Many Congratulations

Van Pelt338
7th Oct 2009, 15:31
Are there any plans for more pilots to hired yet?
Cheers VP

Cabin Safety
8th Oct 2009, 18:57
Van Pelt338 (http://www.pprune.org/members/36376-van-pelt338)

yes there are...

pls visit the career page in this link: http://www.alwafeerair.com

Van Pelt338
9th Oct 2009, 19:29
Thanks for that CS. This employment notice has been on their website for quite some time. I was trying to find out if there are any upcoming pilot interviews.
I appreciate your efforts.
Cheers, VP

mutt
26th Oct 2009, 13:05
Somewhat disappointed to see both of their aircraft sitting on apron 11.... Its HAJJ season, if they dont make their money now, its going to be a difficult 1st year for them...

Does anyone care to comment as to why they arent flying?

Mutt

cantbeafoolinlove
27th Oct 2009, 11:22
the piece of info i got which might not be true is that most of the crew is waiting on some kind of documentation from GACA and GACA is going through the Audit until Wednesday, nothing should be happening down there.
More info can be shared by anyone working with AlWafeer.....
CBAFIL

metro301
27th Oct 2009, 19:46
Mutt, 3 or 4 days ago, I was behind them as they were departing JED for CAI. Later that same day I saw them again in RUH. So they are flying a little bit, proving runs still?

mutt
28th Oct 2009, 22:21
Airplanes still parked on Apron 11, VP Flight Operations changed 3 days ago....

Mutt

cp35
29th Oct 2009, 22:54
Is that good or bad, where was VP Ops from?

metro301
2nd Nov 2009, 05:59
Yesterday, 1 November, one of their planes was in MED. Came in with Pax (I was told), left for JED empty.

What is with MED? Much busier than I have seen it in previous Hajj's. At any given time, day or night they have at least 10-747's plus other aircraft. Seems much busier than JED for Hajj traffic.

AEB747
3rd Nov 2009, 02:35
AlWafeer is flying hujaj from NIM to MED.That's why you see them in Madinah.

cp35
11th Nov 2009, 21:16
Is that the only flight they do, they don't appear to be very busy.

mutt
12th Nov 2009, 08:13
Coffee shop rumor is that the big boys are giving them a hard time....... Everyday at least 1 or both of their aircraft are parked on Apron 11...

Mutt

azlee_19
12th Nov 2009, 15:18
mutt do u know where they send those without 747 rating for conversion?

mutt
12th Nov 2009, 15:26
I believe FA's train in Jeddah with Saudi Arabian and Flight Crew train in KL with Malaysian......

Mutt

flyheavy
16th Nov 2009, 14:05
Does anyone care to comment as to why they arent flying?

Mutt

Dear Mutt,
I do have a lot of information on Why / How / What / etc...about them, BUT I don't like it now to bring these issues to light. Unfortunately the BIG boss there is affeliated with a SCAM operations before in a country not too far from Saudi Arabia, he is very wealthy but he was promissing a lot of crews about something and never happened. Another guy was in the show with the other outfit and he is involved now with this Boss. As everybody knows, when you LIE, your life is short. Both of them were warned about the issues but it went from one side out the others.
As of the questions on where do they do the training and conversion, it has been done in Kuala Lumpor, Malaysia.
send me a message if you like more info.
Fly safe

figleaf
17th Nov 2009, 14:00
what was that all about?

fruityPCH
20th Nov 2009, 09:13
Anyone know if there is any interview soon in Malaysia for cabin crew? I already sent my cv 3 weeks ago and still waiting for them to inform me regarding to the interview.

fruityPCH
24th Nov 2009, 04:05
Dear Cabin Safety,

Please advice me on these.

Thank you.

Cabin Safety
24th Nov 2009, 19:54
Hi fruity,
sorry for delay.

no info so far on the next cabin crew recruitement plans.

fruityPCH
25th Nov 2009, 08:28
Dear Cabin Safety,

Thank you for the info. And will you update me later about the interview in the furure? It would be great if you inform me sooner or later.

cp35
21st Dec 2009, 11:21
I hear waffeer is planning to get cargo ac as well, anyone confirm this?

EY763ER
22nd Dec 2009, 07:00
Does anyone know if Al-wafeer are recruiting F/o's for the B744 who are not type rated?

any company contacts by any chance??

thanks in advance!

esirgo
25th Jan 2010, 15:29
Hello Everyone,

I will probably have interview with AlWafeer Air soon, Could i have any details about it?

Any idea about T&C .

Thank very much!!:ok:

fruityPCH
26th Jan 2010, 11:16
Dear Esirgo,

Any recruitment soon? May I know for what position is it?

Thanks.

yum
10th Feb 2010, 10:39
Are there any plans to recruit cabin crews for non-muslim and non-saudis? any update will be appreciated.:ok:

AEB747
22nd Feb 2010, 07:52
Highly unlikely they'll recruit non-Muslm cabin crew due difficulties in logistic when laying over in Medinah where. If there is non-Muslim crew, they'll have to put him/her outside the holy city - additional work for AWA.

mutt
22nd Feb 2010, 08:50
when laying over in Medinah We do it all the time, its not a major issue....

Mutt

metro301
22nd Feb 2010, 18:37
Everyone does it during Hajj as all downtown hotels are full.

cantbeafoolinlove
22nd Feb 2010, 18:56
saw AWA1 at apron 11 for past couple of days and today heard, it was towing back to West Hajj Terminal? whats up with them, gonna fly them anytime soon?
CBAFIL

slatanmhor
27th Feb 2010, 12:56
Hi all.....

I applied to Alwafeer air in december for advertised position of non rated FO 74-400. Heard nothing from them for long time so called them up. Got speaking to a very nice chap there who said interviews would be held "shortly". Havent heard anything since a month now.

Does anybody have any idea what it is like to work for this airline???

Does anybody know if they still in operation????? I see their web page has been closed down for at least 3 weeks now.....

Desperate to get flying the 74-400 but am non rated. Anyone any idea how I can go about getting on this machine without having to fork out a mortgage for training????? 2000hrs on F100/FO

figleaf
27th Feb 2010, 21:17
I think it's a lovely aircraft.. :ok:

AEB747
1st Mar 2010, 10:45
In the case of other airlines non-Muslim could be the majority. In the case of al Wafeer there isn't a single non-Muslim flt attendance at the moment. Last Haj al Wafeer put up their crew at the Intercontinental by the Prophet Mosque.

slatanmhor
3rd Mar 2010, 17:32
Hi Mutt,
I see from previous messages you appear to be "in the know" as they say, re Alwafeer air....! Any idea whats happening with them at the moment??? I applied for one of the non rated positions on the 74-400 but have heard nothing back from them. Also, I see their web site is under maint. for the last 4 weeks. ... D`you know if they still operating???
Thanks man...

mutt
4th Mar 2010, 02:56
They are still "technically operating", that means they still employ people but their aircraft haven't flown in about 3 months! The Umrah season has started so this is unusual.........

They have also implemented a midnight curfew for cabin crew! AEB747 is correct, they dont hire non-moslem cabin crew as the airlines whole purpose is to carry religious traffic, this rule was also implemented for First Officers, but i dont know if it lasted :)

Mutt

400tons
6th Mar 2010, 18:21
slatanmhor
Be very careful,the conditions we got when we sign our contract were good,but since few weeks HR cut down many things:*
No first class compound (in hotel since months),useless medical insurance,no dh pay, salary not paid on time...:E
For cabin crew, midnight curfew every day even on days off!!!
You better think twice before joining,there is plenty of flying jobs in the gulf with at least some freedom and flying.

AEB747
8th Mar 2010, 11:18
Cabin crew curfew was probably imposed because some of them got into trouble for misbehaving. You can't treat Jeddah like Kuala Lumpur. If they don't know how to behave then don't blame poeple for makiing them behave. After all they must remember Wafeer was formed to carry people going to fulfill their religious obligation.

cp35
10th Mar 2010, 19:41
would anyone like to comment on why they are not flying at the moment?

slatanmhor
17th Mar 2010, 07:46
Hey,
Thanks for yr response.
Do you still fly for Alwafeerair?
I am non rated on the 74-400 but saw last december that they were interested in taking in non rated FOs so I applied.
I heard nothing back so I called them up one day and got talking to a very pleasant guy from the HR department.
He seemed very positive until the end of the conversation when I answered his question concerning my country of origin.
He said unfortunately I would be moved onto a "standby candidate list" as regretfully my country "did not have a business and political arrangement" with Saudi Arabia!!! Could this be true?? Surely business arrangements between two countries should not determine whether the citizen of one may take up employment in the other...????
Then I thought perhaps the main reason i was "moved" was because I put down my religious beliefs as "Roman Catholic" on the online application form.....

400tons
17th Mar 2010, 13:54
slatanmhor
Before signing any contract,ask HR to show you the official life and lost of licence insurance,you will be very surprised (nothing to do with what we were told) same as medical insurance.For 1 class compound ask the name of the compound and check on internet,another surprise..we are in a hotel since August :ugh:
Flights NONE (1 per week)
Check SA,at least you will get better than here

slatanmhor
18th Mar 2010, 18:13
Hey 400tons....
thanks again for the beef!
I just wish i was at the stage whereby they were actually offering me a job. I dont think that will happen for a very long time somehow.
I am particularly interested in Alwafeerair cause they would actually provide the applicant (me) with the rating on the 74-400. I dont know of any other carrier out there willing to do that.....
What star hotel are you staying at there??? Is it at least luxurious???
I know what you mean by having to stay in hotels instead of your own apartment...-I have lived in hotels now for at least 15 years now so fully understand how boring that becomes!!

400tons
19th Mar 2010, 09:31
Slatanmhor, check your PM;)

mutt
19th Mar 2010, 11:07
Latest rumor is that AlWafeer are getting 777's........ sounds like an extremely interesting business plan, personally i would have thought that it was more logical but get their present aircraft flying and making money :):)

Mutt

jetstreamhoney
23rd Mar 2010, 14:56
I have just been on their career website. It doesn't specify nationality for cabin crew. Does anyone know if they employ cabin crew from the UK. Are the current cabin crew based in Saudia City?
:)

Adrianaabd
8th Jun 2010, 07:06
Dear Cabin Safety,

I wannna know if there is any cabin crew intake in Malaysia for 2010? Do reply me on these matter. Best regards and thank you. :)

Adriana
Malaysia.

Cabin Safety
13th Jun 2010, 16:40
Dear Adriana,

Currently, Alwafeer Air hs NO recruitment plan for cabin crews and it's not expected to have one in 2010. Maye they would consider such a plan when the operational demand increase and aquire more aircrafts.

regards

Adrianaabd
14th Jun 2010, 04:37
Owh really? If that so, thank you for the information btw.Hope someday they want to recruit more crews.I'm looking forward to it :) Do inform if there's any will you? Have a nice day!

mutt
14th Jun 2010, 12:05
Cabin Safety, is it true that you are only operating 2 flights a WEEK? Soon to be increased to 3? Considering that you have 3 aircraft, that cant be extremely economic!

Mutt

mutt
14th Jul 2010, 16:19
Newspaper reports today that they are starting flights to Baghdad and Basra. Nice to see them operate:ok:

Mutt

fruityPCH
24th Jul 2010, 18:44
Is it true that Alwafeer Air will not hire any cabin crews for this year? Anybody know about it?

Thank You.

carlimti
31st Jul 2010, 11:06
hey dudes everyone should SERIOUSLY research this company BEFORE joining

here is some help

1. LATE Salary since January 2010 ( from 10 days to 22 days late)

2. No flight pay has been paid(operated since haj last year)

3. Accomadation: NOT provided as promised in the contract or what was said at the interview, still in hotel, IMPOSSIBLE to take family and live a normal life.

4. Flight time: if looking for hours, this is NOT the place, lucky to get 100 hours in a year.

5. Operations: standards of a weak aeroclub, disorganised, unprofessional, not a good career move.

6. Lifestyle: NO LIFESTYLE HERE, eg: single men cannot go to the malls in the evening, with the accom in the hotel u cannot bring your family, therefore you will be single and wont be able to bring guests to a hotel without getting arrested.

7. Days off: most months=NO ROSTER=DAY TO DAY FLYING, therefore no days off are given or can be planned. The rosters given so far have been all STBY-ALL MONTH, 1 day off on 7 days.

8. Annual leave: cannot be taken when you want it, must take it when company tells you in the amount dictated by the company, therefore impossible to plan or commute.

9. This is NOT a commuting job, dont be fooled

10. No tickets and no ID Travel.

11. Training: one pilot has waited one (1) year to START TRAINING.

12. a big percentage of original pilots have left or are leaving soon

FLIGHT ATTENDANT ISSUES:

a. Live downtown in a very bad old compound.

b. curfew of midnight=EVERYNIGHT NO EXCEPTIONS, MARRIED OR SINGLE.

c. poor training and standards

d. very badly treated, constant late pay, no vactaion when you want it

e. during flight saudi stewards do no work=girls are expected to worked like mules

f. girls that accomadate Cabin Crew Manager advances are traeted well and given prioerty for flights (wich=more pay) and vacation wheneber they want.

g. if you want to come here and get expeirience for anoder airiline, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.

Some good points:

aircraft are pretty paint job

and.....ummmmmm....that all folks!!!!

ShinjukuHustler
2nd Aug 2010, 05:51
A little research done before joining an outfit like this would stand to any would-be incumbents; chances are they'd think twice.

This 'thing' has been years in the making in fits and starts; just look at the hodge-podge of goons that are behind it :ugh: There are no profitable airlines in KSA, all are on some sort of life support from wealthy benefactors or from gov handouts.

You need to be one of the 'habeebees' to prosper in a company:} like that.

Hustle On :ok:

mutt
2nd Aug 2010, 09:19
To give credit where its due, they are finally operating flights which they should have flown two years ago......

Mutt

MMBenar
3rd Aug 2010, 04:48
What? Didn't the infamous lowlife lato g string ( of the MAS MH 653 hijack thread ) work wonders with the management to get a " great deal " for those guys? I heard he has a sidekick formerly of KAL, Kuwaiti and East African Airways to " sniff " out the best deal!

Bwanah Kumbaya
3rd Aug 2010, 19:06
You mean the devon dole arse ya is in the pilgrim transpoting business? Over in kimchiland, this snake was the most vociferous anti muslim big mouth and now he is in the holy land...if the current kaffiyeh wearer employers of his actually know about his past, they will probably put him on the friday market show!
Small wonder the g string character is with dd, forktoungues twine together!

Vel Paar
9th Aug 2010, 21:14
Bwanah......forked tongues indeed. These two low lifes will be brown nosing all the way, conning the poor sods looking for a gig in the desert. The hajj season will bee coming in about 2-3 months, just watch out for these two conning forked tongues around the MAS sim in Subang, WMSA

ipohmali
12th Aug 2010, 03:32
Did lato kuru aka gstring promise anybody fast track recruitment ala the jet airways recruitment caper he tried to pull off several years ago? Be careful guys, don't get suck into it especially when he starts his recruitment drive at MAS sim or KL Hilton.

MMBenar
17th Aug 2010, 00:14
****ty bai and fellow viper soiling the holy sands of Arabia?

Well it's now Ramadhan and the umrah is in progress. In about 2 months, the hajj season will begin in earnest. It remains to be seen how many unfortunate chaps will fall for the trap of flying for this outfit.

flyinghawk
3rd Oct 2010, 15:42
This is what to expect from a scam operator who is telling everybody the good news, BUT he put the $$$$ in his fat belly. There was a thread earlier mentioned that he has a good share of another scam operator close to Saudia and went down. Think before you apply there.

jetflyger
3rd Oct 2010, 19:30
Unless you want to 'self-fund' your employment there you might be better off just avoiding this company. Even the local Saudi pilots are having a hard time getting paid. Latest is little to no pay for the last 2-3 months.

tarmaruddeen
7th Oct 2010, 03:06
My good friend Dato' Gurcharan Singh of MAS is the man to save Alwafeer; he had great experience running Jet Airways during it's inception. Don't knock this outfit if you know nothing about it's operations. The hajj season is coming soon and you will soon see a lot of Alwafeer drivers at MAS sim building.

FlyB744
17th Oct 2010, 15:54
On the contrary, al Wafeer saved your friend... given him employment opportunity.

Old Parr
21st Oct 2010, 00:19
Now, now...he can save MAS too if he play his cards right. How about getting a filthy rich saudi prince boyfriend to buy over MAS and it's woes? I promise not to ask and not to tell!

mokham
22nd Oct 2010, 20:29
I wonder what is their core business, hajj charters only or all other kinds of charters like umrah. Ihave some Goans asking about cheap charters to the holy land during easter.

gerago
26th Oct 2010, 03:20
Trust that kondehless bayee to do the " holey " charters! Holey jubur!

worldairgroup
8th Nov 2010, 11:18
They mainly specialise in Hajj, but also provide flights for Umrah. We have had a few dealings with them although they have gone very quiet on us recently.

Chris

mohdkarta
12th Nov 2010, 20:26
Hajj season is on; how are the pilgrimage charters going? From Indonesia we have hundreds of thousands of would be hajis paying almost the full fare ( no thanks to corruption ) to get on the hajj flights. It must be very lucrative; Garuda really has it's hand full organising these and I believe some of the pilgrim management bodies had approach Al Wafeer and Saudia for wet leases to run the hajj program. Any one in MAS seen Al Wafeer boys doing sim in MAS sim complex?

The G string fella must really be piece of work...we get to see him cropping up in many threads! The stink everywhere, sheeesh!

Mat Sapu
18th Nov 2010, 05:48
It's Eid Il Adha........let's stone the devil or that piece of work!

fruityPCH
28th Jan 2011, 11:42
Hi, is there any possible AWA recruit for cabin crew this year? I'm really looking forward to it. Anyone get any detail or updates?

Thanks

VVIP-Flight-Attendan
30th Jan 2011, 11:18
just wanted to warn everybody from this company to be honest i used to work for this airline as a flight attendant and the reason i got off this company they have not paid me since october 2010 so i just want everybody to know and to be caution about it and still no sign of my money from those guys bad managment thumbs down from my side to this company

Desert_Highlander
15th Mar 2011, 10:49
I was told Al Wafeer was hiring or at least looking for pilots. So, I have contacted a friend which flies for them and his words were: " STAY AWAY, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. WE HAVEN'T BEEN PAID SINCE OCTOBER 2010 AND NO ONE KNOWS WHEN OR IF WE'LL EVER BE."
Since I know him for a long time, I decided to take the advice and also share it with who ever might be interested in trying something there.
Regards.

mutt
10th Sep 2011, 14:36
Saw one of their B744's getting washed last night..... So what's happening, getting ready for Hadj 2011 or sending them back to the owners?

Local rumor is that they owe over $150 million to creditors and EMPLOYEES

Who will be brave enough to fly for them without payment upfront.

Mutt

fractional
11th Sep 2011, 18:30
they owe over $150 million to creditors and EMPLOYEES
It is just a small amount...:rolleyes: Nowadays, everybody owes money to everybody else...:*

mutt
20th Sep 2011, 13:22
It appears to be the end of Al-Wafeer, aircraft are going back to their owners.... It's a shame to see a concept like this fail due to pride :ouch::ouch:

Mutt

EY763ER
21st Sep 2011, 10:48
And they owe many employees about 12 months salary!!!! Most pilots and cc are ones who are owed!