PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mabey
30th Oct 2008, 06:23
Hello I am kind of new to this so please if there is somthing that I have done that you dont like please just correct me :ok:. Well I live in Canada at the moment an I have always like flying and pilots and I am currently in grade 11 taking all my science and maths and I was wondering how I should go about doing this??? Any good flight schools in canada? what high school classes do I need ???? Is there a demand for pilots in canada or will i have to move, is it steady work, will the fact that I am taking german as a second laungege help?? How would you guys suggest I go about trying t start becoming a pilot can any one discribe what the basic exsperince is like? ;) thank you

preduk
30th Oct 2008, 14:56
I wouldn't recommend a specific class to you in high school; you should study the courses that you're good at. an A in English looks better than a D in Physics.

All commercial pilots speak English, however having a second language doesn't do any harm always good to have. There are plenty of really good flight schools in Canada, perhaps if your a bit more exact on your location in Canada someone may be able to recommend one.

Best of luck.

mabey
31st Oct 2008, 02:06
Ohh my I just read over a few of them and it seems to me that to get a Flight degree cost lots of $$$$, so my qustion is would it be wise to join a military flight program ??? Whats the avrage wage?? Would this qualifie me to work on any large airline?? No here is the intresting thing I am pritty sure that I am a common wealth so I could eather join with the british RAF or the canadain CRAF and I am leaning more towards the RAF becaue acording to some canadains solders I know(not pilots infintry) there is many problems with the Canadain Royal Air Force one being that the Seaking Keeps seeking the ground(little humour) so does any one know if the RAF accsepts canadain aplicants? Thank you and I sould say that I could be between regina-winnipeg when I am out of highschool

wilky
31st Oct 2008, 07:57
Mabey,

If you want to be a pilot, then you must really really WANT it. It's not as easy as just joining the RAF, then jumping ship to the airlines, you need to do some research first, thousands of people from the UK would like to be a pilot in the RAF, they go to university air squadron, have to pass tough selection tests and even then the percentage that get through is low in comparison to the amount of applicants. Use the internet to search the Canadian air force, and I think it’s crazy that you are basing your reason to join the RAF because a Seaking went down, RAF aircraft can crash too.

Don’t take offence to this as none is intended, but you are still immature, I think you need stay in at school, keep researching all your options, think of secondary careers in case your flying one does not take off, get down the CRAF careers office.

To ask what the salary is, will it qualify you to fly the “large” airlines, etc etc are questions you ask later, once you have determined your route. You REALLY have to work on your spelling, and I’m not the spelling police but – “pritty” “aplicants” “accsepts” “acording” “avrage”

Concentrate on the basics, get through school, think about further education, and alternative career, do some research, take a trial flight or two, make sure it is what you really want as it’s a very expensive, long hard slog to gaining your licences.

What ever you do I wish you the best of luck!

:ok:

corsair
31st Oct 2008, 11:29
You can't join the RAF as aircrew unless you are British born. So not they don't take Canadians. So forget that. From your apparent attitude to the Canadian air force you wouldn't impress them either. Based on that and other things you say. You really haven't thought it through have you?

What wilky says is true, follow his advice.

And no, German is no use to except in Germany. But they all speak perfect English anyway.

mabey
1st Nov 2008, 05:30
Also as I have stated my Informtion on the state of the RCAF is from "INFINTRY" so if any one can correctly point out the state of it or how well there aircraft is thank you :D

preduk
1st Nov 2008, 13:05
Military flying generates some of the best pilots worldwide, the courses are fantastic HOWEVER the selection is very, very hard.

If your only interested on flying for the military to get into the airlines, forget it. You're going to be doing a minimum service of around 12years and not only that, if you're just using them you won't pass selection, you have to have a huge amount of dedication and mental determination to pass.

There are loads of information on these forums, please feel free to use the search tool.