PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways diverted to BUD

gallo
29th Oct 2008, 15:44
Hi,

A few hours ago a Jet Airways Boeing 777-300ER (VT-JEB) diverted to BUD due to oil pressure gauge malfunction. The plane was enroute to Mumbai from Brussels with about 220 passengers.

Avman
29th Oct 2008, 15:58
:zzz: :zzz: With all due respect, such "technical" diversions are not all that uncommon. I really fail to understand the need to report such a non-event. I work in a large ATC area control center. If I was to post each and every time we had an a/c divert for technical or operational reasons I'd fill pages here on PPRuNe.

gallo
29th Oct 2008, 16:53
Dear Avman!

I really understand your way of thinking albeit I thought that if even 1 person would show any interest in an incident like this I can provide some information.
I still believe that if an intercontinental flight declares emergency but then lands safely still at an enroute diversion airport might be informative.

Anyways, the plane is still here at BUD after 5 hours and the tech guys towed it away and withdrawn it from service.

fhegner
29th Oct 2008, 17:10
Dear Gallo...

Well said... and keep'em coming ..some of us are interested :D

Avman
29th Oct 2008, 19:17
Sorry guys, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but are you aware of just how many technical diversions take place around the world in a single day? Granted, some may just be a little more newsworthy than others, but this one certainly isn't.

Farrell
29th Oct 2008, 19:42
Save it Avman!

Otherwise they may find their way out of the box and start posting in Rumours again :E