PDA

View Full Version : Tidied up Yahoo in Texas gripe

Loose rivets
28th Oct 2008, 15:30
As promised I'll pare down and scrap some of the verbage to save bandwidth.

This had become almost a blog, but it had a strange ending...so worth a mention.

Two hard drives with different OSs and two laptops, new with Vista. Only one laptop could get anything to do with Yahoo. Strange, since all other sites were fine. Finally I phone SBC...

to sum up the postings.

Since I'm doing most things in reverse right now, not phoning SBC/Yahoo until I had suffered for a while I accept was illogical. But not as illogical as they are.

They had me turning things on and off and typing things in...then handing me over to someone that was of a higher order of intelligence. He spent quarter of an hour running through things before saying, your area code is experiencing problems.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Breath. Say Noooooooothing. Best way.

He then went to talk to the locals who confirmed the story.

So, is it me, or would a piece of paper stuck on operator's monitors, with dead or troublesome areas...NOT BE A F...calm now...Not be a good idea?

How difficult would it be...it's been out for three days.

Then, minutes after the call, my mail came back on line. What's the betting that someone left the 'Let them have their mail' switch in the OFF position in our area. Coincidence? They wouldn't have fixed it in the middle of the night I suppose.