PDA

View Full Version : Hand Luggage

Haitch
28th Oct 2008, 11:40
Firstly, I am flying RyanAir STN - PIK and as an adult with a 4 year old child.

Can someone please confirm whether the child is entitled to 'carry' a full size hand luggage bag please ?

This gets me onto my next point... I notice some very big bags being allowed through secrity these days that are obviously bigger than the max dimensions... lack of consistency in many cases.

Thanks

heidelberg
28th Oct 2008, 14:05
Each passenger (excluding infants) is permitted to carry one piece of cabin baggage on board (free of charge). Strictly one item of cabin baggage is permitted per passenger (excluding infants). Handbag, briefcase, laptops, duty free etc must be carried within your permitted 1 piece of cabin baggage. It should weigh no more than 10kg and not exceed the maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We reserve the right to cancel your reservation without refund and to deny you boarding if you arrive at the boarding gate with more than one item of cabin baggage or if that item exceeds the maximum dimensions.

Infants do not qualify for a cabin baggage allowance (although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The above copied from Ryanair website.

However, according to Ryanair, an infant is no longer an infant if it is 2 yrs old.
Your child is 4 yrs old and presumably you paid 'full fare'.
Your child therefore has the same carry on baggage allowance as you.

Make sure your packed bag/case does not exceed the dimensions - Ryanair are pretty strict about this, based on my personal experience.

PAXboy
28th Oct 2008, 23:31
Haitchnotice some very big bags being allowed through secrity these days that are obviously bigger than the max dimensions... lack of consistency in many cases.Yes, highly annoying. I saw this on my last FR trip (Sweden back to UK) but this is just a variable that you cannot rely upon yourself!! Have you read the small print if they decide to implement their own regulations about hand baggage?

So, try and ignore the people who do it and get away with it.