View Full Version : Flight Planning Exam - Jeppesen Student Route Manual

moona
27th Oct 2008, 20:22
Does anyone know the official rules on what you can / cant do in terms of marking the Student Route manual. I have heard 2 conflicting stories:

A/ Highlighting Text and Straight lines allowed.
B/ No markings allowed.

I noticed during my last attempt (yes failed :-() that they randomly take a couple of manuals off people and check them so wouldnt want to risk breaking any rules.

mcgoo
27th Oct 2008, 20:44
Option A is correct, when I was at BGS, we were actively encouraged to highlight all the airfields and beacons in the feedback and to use post it notes to mark the relevant pages, all above board, the people who had theirs taken away, nothing was said to them about the markings by the invigilators.

Vulcan607
27th Oct 2008, 20:44
hey moona,

I've seen the invigilator inspect peoples charts and manuals for markings etc,

pretty much everyone in the exam hall at the time did however did have yellow highlighter marks on points which was fine.

moona
27th Oct 2008, 20:52
Interesting, I was considering highlighting key text on the SIDS and STARS and leaving the relevant lines on the charts but yes Highlighting relevant airfields and aids would save a significant amount of time in the exams.

Vulcan607
27th Oct 2008, 23:17
anything you feel would be helpful to you highlight!

I don't think theres any stipulation of what you can and cant put your marker over to stand out to you wether it be data, symbols or airways lines on charts.

enjoy yourself, I think Flight Planning was actually one of the more fun, hands on practical subjects of the ATPLs to do

:ok:

Brian304
28th Oct 2008, 02:00
Yes you can highlight whatever you like in the chart, But you cannot write answers in the manual.

Brian304:ok: