PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood Mac.

Mr_Grubby
25th Oct 2008, 17:10
Quick question. Mick Fleetwood with a new band is about to start a tour of the UK.

They have just released a new album to coincide with the tour. What is it called ? Something Big or Blue Again ?

Thanks,

Clint.

Rainboe
25th Oct 2008, 17:27
Bet there's no originals in it, not even Mick Fleetwood! Bet the Glaswegian bird with the lovely voice is long gone, and the blonde American bird too.

candoo
25th Oct 2008, 17:57
Rumour has it they will make an appearence at Glastonbury next year.

Mr_Grubby
25th Oct 2008, 18:05
candoo, nice one, Rumour !

Rainboe, agree with you. I think you are refering to Christine McVie nee (Perfect) Don't know what happened to her.

The American was Stevie Nicks. Wow !!!

C.

PPRuNe Radar
25th Oct 2008, 18:27
Christine McVie was not a 'weegie'. She was born in Cumbria :ok:

Plenty about her on Wikipedia :)

Ripline
25th Oct 2008, 18:49
Well, Mr Grubby, just for you (and every other Ppruner who has been haunted by that voice) here's a reminder....

YouTube - Stevie Nicks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNoXwiQXd0)

best,

Ripline

Mr_Grubby
25th Oct 2008, 19:06
Yes what a voice, thanks Ripline.
She has had an 'interesting' and sometimes painful life.

I think the lady on keyboards was Christine McVie ???

But what about this new album !!!!

C.

Rollingthunder
25th Oct 2008, 19:20
He has just finished recording a new album Blue Again which features such original Fleetwood Mac staples as Rattlesnake Shake, Looking For Somebody and Love That Burns as well as Rick Vito blues originals.

google is yr friend

Mr_Grubby
25th Oct 2008, 20:02
Rollingthunder.

I did a google search. Some sites list Something Big as 2006 and also 2008.
But Blue Again is 2008 so I think that must be the latest one.

Thanks everybody.

C. :D

Parapunter
25th Oct 2008, 20:28
Bloody hipppies. Didn't Stevie NIcks famously have Christine McVie blow cocaine up her ar$e so as not to harm her vocal chords?:suspect:

lexxity
25th Oct 2008, 20:50
Saw Fleetwood Mac back in 2004, simply superb. :ok:

Sir George Cayley
25th Oct 2008, 20:54
Thanx Parapunter

That's an image I'll treasure! Hmmm:ok:

Sir George Cayle

Parapunter
25th Oct 2008, 21:16
There is a better story about Peter Green having a bit of cheese in his beard...for about three weeks. I'll have to look that one up. In fact, this is giving me an idea for a thread...

In fairness, Rumours is an all time top five album for me. The story of it's birth is grotesque & wonderful in turns. One thing's for sure; turmoil can produce great music.

cockney steve
25th Oct 2008, 21:36
mention "Fleetwood Mac"....My mind's eye sees a flasher wandering along the tramtracks* :eek: :\

*for the furriners fleetwood= costal town near Blackpool, connected thereto by a shoreline tram-system.

flasher=exhibitionist, stereotype usually seen wearing dirty brown raincoat (mac)

TURIN
25th Oct 2008, 21:45
Parapunter, WHAT? Where? when? how?
How the hell do you get to know these things?

:eek:

Parapunter
25th Oct 2008, 22:01
Groupies share good Turin:}

The coke tale is apparently untrue, however, The story I have heard about Peter Green is that during the Rumours sessions, Lyndsay Buckingham took some demos round to play to Peter Green out of respect (Green was in a bad way at this point) and was taken aback to see his dishevelled state when he came to the door, noting in particular that there was a piece of cheese caught in his beard.

Green listened to the tapes, made a few suggestions & Buckingham left. A few weeks later when the tracks were mixed down, Buckingham took the finished items back to Greens house and knocked on the door.

Peter Green opened it & by all accounts, there he stood...still with the lump of cheese in his beard. Three weeks later.

Although I have been told that story about the other guy in Fleetwood Mac - Danny... so it may very well be a load of old rubbish.

The Rumours recording sessions are well documented. The top and bottom of it is they were all full of drugs & having affairs with one another & the chaos of their situation is played out lyrically across the record.

shedhead
25th Oct 2008, 22:31
The Peter Green story is unlikely to be true,Rumours was recorded in Los Angeles and Peter Green was living in South London at the time. One does wonder though,given the bands track record,how they ever recruited any guitarists at all. Any film of the Fleetwood Mac story would be dismissed as far fetched fiction.
Have seen Peter Green in concert a couple of times in the past few years, quite glad that he can now face playing music again.

Mish Nish
25th Oct 2008, 22:34
This is from a great Fleetwood Mac "live" DVD - fascinating to watch who's watching who's watching who's watching whom in the group!

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Tusk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv5UvVaIxRY)

And the music's cracking, too. :)

CityofFlight
26th Oct 2008, 02:43
Landslide is pretty much the story of their drug induced lives during their greatest ride musically....pity how some of the greatest music was often created under the influence.

...Then again, so are many other works of art....vino anyone?

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac - Landslide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cGxlZjMWU)

ArthurR
26th Oct 2008, 07:54
First saw Peter Green play after he took over from Eric Clapton, in John Mayalls, Blues Breakers,,, That dates me, but Fleetwood Mac, will always be Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac to me, Never did like the rubbish they produced after Peter Green left. Middle ofthe road commercial stuff :yuk:

One of their best:

YouTube - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - Green Manalishi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBQdXv0BhM)

B Fraser
26th Oct 2008, 19:57
I saw Peter Green play with Splinter Group a few years back, I vaguely remember that Cozy Powell was on drums or maybe it was too many pints of Gruntfuttocks Original Ale

Devlin Carnet
28th Oct 2008, 13:46
I was at that same gig, indeed it was Cozy Powell,

Captain Speedbird
28th Oct 2008, 14:04
Cozy Powell? :bored: There is something so wrong about drummers as frontmen.
Didn't the Faces go through a phase of stuffing their hapless drummer at the front of the stage?

I thought about Cozy Powell and his ilk just the other day as I was listening to a Focus album. I think it was what was once quaintly known as 'side 2' of the 'LP' Moving Waves. There was a drum solo which I quite enjoyed. Is this a first? Pierre van der Linden take a bow. Excellent work on the skins.

Mr_Grubby
28th Oct 2008, 21:43
Just ordered my copy of Blue Again from that well known retailer named after a river in S. America. Should be with me before December 11th !!!!

If the band are touring the UK now, you would think the album would be available in this country ??

C. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Parapunter
28th Oct 2008, 21:53
It may well be available in this country. It's not available in that big Warehouse next to the M1.:rolleyes:

reynoldsno1
28th Oct 2008, 23:47
[QUOTE]/Saw Fleetwood Mac back in 2004, simply superb[QUOTE]

Saw Fleetwood Mac back in 1968, simply superb ... followed by Chicken Shack featuring Christine Perfect - still have her solo album on vinyl....:ok:

TURIN
29th Oct 2008, 00:05
Saw em at Maine Road, Manchester (City's old ground) back in 1988 I think. Mick Fleetwood chucked his sticks out at the end of the set and yours truly caught one. :ooh:

Lindsey Buckingham had split at the time and they had to employ two session musicians to compensate. Good gig though.

sthaussiepilot
29th Oct 2008, 02:38
Nothing will beat a classic Fleetwood Mac song.....

7 Wonders indeed....

What does this do?
29th Oct 2008, 16:27
ah yes, saw the 'Mac a few years ago in Manchester with Buckingham / Nicks back in the fold - probably that 2004 tour, thinking about it.

Superb.

I remember watching Buckinghams solo acoustic version of "Big Love" was a personal highlight - oh to be able to play geeytar like that........ :D

(for anyone that hasn't had the pleasure, there's a similar version on the 2003 "very best of......." album)