PDA

View Full Version : work experience with airlines/airports

caro340
25th Oct 2008, 13:21
Hello,

I was hoping that someone on here could advise me regarding work experience with either an airline or at an airport. Basically I am currently applying through UCAS to study Air Transport Studies / Aviation Management Bsc beginning next September and at present I am looking for work before then. It would be great if I could get some work experience within the industry before starting be it paid or unpaid (obviously the first would be better!).
I am 21 and currently living up in Durham so Tees Valley or Newcastle are options but equally my home is near MAN.

Any suggestions?

preduk
25th Oct 2008, 15:47
Air Traffic take on a lot of work experience, I know Prestwick (where I fly) have people up in the tower frequently.

EvelcyclopS
25th Oct 2008, 20:21
P.mmmed you mate...

Lew747
25th Oct 2008, 20:41
What university are you going to be studying at? Also, what are their entry requirements? Just curious....

Lewis :ok:

caro340
25th Oct 2008, 20:53
I've applied to-

City Uni - Air Transport Studies (soon to be re-named Air Transport Operations and Management apparently ) which has v low entry requirements of CDD.
Loughborough - Aviation Management - can't remember the requirements I'm afraid but possibly ABB/AAB.

The others were Coventry and Huddersfield (Air Logistics) but London Met also do something similar too.

I'm only really interested in City due to it's links with London though so hopefully that's where I'll end up next year just as soon as my referee forwards my application.

:)