PDA

View Full Version : Missed Connection Compensation/Upgrades

greywolf20k
25th Oct 2008, 01:42
So there I am using up a couple of legs on my one world alliance round the world ticket that I paid a premium price for. We were sitting on the Dublin tarmac and heading to Hong Kong via a brief transit stop in Heathrow. Two hours later we leave Dublin (delay caused by “technical difficulties” pilots words not mine) and I am left stranded in Heathrow with my girlfriend and getting bounced between Aer Lingus (Terminal 1) and BA (Terminal 5) as to who’s responsibility I am. Based on the information from the “Commission for Aviation Regulation (http://www.aviationreg.ie/)” “Under IATA (International Air Transport Association) rules in cases where a delay causes a passenger to miss a flight care should be provided by the forwarding carrier if you are travelling with two different carriers on the same ticket and both carriers are members of IATA.”

Finally Aer Lingus took ownership and begrudgingly put us up in a hotel, after BA told us that they are not obligated to offer us any assistance/care. I am now out of pocket for a night at a very posh hotel in Hong Kong as well as stuck in Heathrow for over 24 hours before I can get another flight :{ As well as that, I am also now stuck in the tail of the plane, may as well be sitting on the elevators (as my original seats are no longer available)

Does anybody have any idea what I can do regarding this, I am guessing the majority of people may say “suck it up”, but there has to be something that can be done for the poor cattle that load themselves, especially now that I am out of pocket. Both airlines are to blame, as the Aer Lingus flight was actually a BA code share (if they didn’t want responsibility for the passengers then the suits should not agree to have a business relationship), and Aer Lingus... Well they are just Aer Lingus. I would be happy if BA just upgraded me (even only one class, to get away from the tail), even if Aer Lingus paid for this.

Please, any help would be fantastic