PDA

View Full Version : Comment Balloon in Word 2003

Sikpupi
24th Oct 2008, 15:40
Hi

I am new to 'inserting comments' into Word Documents but can see the advantage of using Comments to put in a note into a document.

My query is that the Balloon goes over to the side margin (off the page essentially) which means that when I print the document, the page gets 'shrunk' to incorporate the Balloon. I find that is is annoying especially when I have one 1 x Balloon in a 10-page letter - THE whole 10 pages are printed in a smaller font just to incorporate this Comment.

Can this Comment / Balloon be moved around as in Excel.??

Thanks in advance

Sikky

Bushfiva
24th Oct 2008, 16:28
Tools -> options -> track changes (or whatever it is in your version of Word) is about as much control as you will get. Reducing the preferred width dramatically may help you, as will forcing landscape mode if a ballon is present. Remember the intent is to show you a publish-ready page layout with the balloons present, hence the page reduction.

Alternatively, you could select print without markup, then select print "list of markup". This will give you a "clean" document plus the list of comments (and all other changes).